Classic old surf cars

Created by Al G > 9 months ago, 31 Oct 2015
thePup
13831 posts
1 Dec 2016 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..
A lot will depend on what the quack says, but I'm itch'n for trip.

You going to try to talk that old reprobate Vanders into it?

oh yeah I'll be onto it dunno this close to Exxy for him tho champion ... will let the usual guys know too

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
1 Dec 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nah it's just a normal EK,FB had the flash Pup, he's left the special badges of the front guard though!..
heres one:

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
2 Dec 2016 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

thePup
13831 posts
2 Dec 2016 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Al G said..

Upon closer examination I am led to believe they both operate just beautifully at 23psi

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
2 Dec 2016 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Start pumpin then Pup
She's goergous hey

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
2 Dec 2016 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Finally dug up some old pics of the my old machine. Sorry about the quality but these were taken in the early days of digital cameras and I can not be bothered doing any editing to make them look good Sadly this beast died an early death after it was t-boned whilst parked in the street in Dee Why. I had almost finished the rebuild and she was ready for new paint. Was annoyed at the time. But thems the breaks. Since then I have only owned small Jap or Korean hatchbacks whilst the lady has assumed ownership of the bigger beast in the family. Go figure

Big Red used to love the sand hills of Stockton Beach.

This was the final shot - after she had been t-boned and essentially written off by the insurance company with a week to go on rego. Sold her on E-bay. As you can see she was had been prepared for the paint. I had invested a load of time getting her ready for that. Was really annoyed at the time !

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
2 Dec 2016 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Finally dug up some old pics of the my old machine. Sorry about the quality but these were taken in the early days of digital cameras and I can not be bothered doing any editing to make them look good Sadly this beast died an early death after it was t-boned whilst parked in the street in Dee Why. I had almost finished the rebuild and she was ready for new paint. Was annoyed at the time. But thems the breaks. Since then I have only owned small Jap or Korean hatchbacks whilst the lady has assumed ownership of the bigger beast in the family. Go figure

Big Red used to love the sand hills of Stockton Beach.

This was the final shot - after she had been t-boned and essentially written off by the insurance company with a week to go on rego. Sold her on E-bay. As you can see she was had been prepared for the paint. I had invested a load of time getting her ready for that. Was really annoyed at the time !

Ah yes,I remember you talking about that one Ted,cool old girl Geez, good pics with it at Stockton Beach mate,I haven't been there in about 30 years.My mate has one of them at Coffs with a 253 Holden V8 in it!

thePup
13831 posts
2 Dec 2016 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Ditto - yeah what a ripper Ted , they were so robust out in the sticks , love the way the windscreen folds down there was a bit of a thing in WA where guys were stuffing 6.2 or 6.5 litre V8 Diesels in them , used to go like shizz maybe too much for the stock steering

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
3 Dec 2016 5:21AM
Thumbs Up

Early bird gets the worm, I took this at 415

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Nice EH wagon Mac,I love the Turquoise and White colour combo on the old Holdens

I like the plates EH 007,Bond

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
3 Dec 2016 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
4 Dec 2016 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
4 Dec 2016 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..
. ?rev=2

What a ripper shot - looks like an all original never restored Impala ..... will you check those magnificent factory rims & centre caps geez .... I'd buy that if she was here for sure , just a perfect traveler farken huge beasts , the shot doesn't give you the idea how big

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
4 Dec 2016 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Al G said..
. ?rev=2

What a ripper shot - looks like an all original never restored Impala ..... will you check those magnificent factory rims & centre caps geez .... I'd buy that if she was here for sure , just a perfect traveler farken huge beasts , the shot doesn't give you the idea how big

She's a 1960 Chevy Brookwood Station Wagon mate,"all but" 20 foot long and those wheels are 1956 Chev Rallye rims
got the Mangirdle off tonight here's hoping to go surfing next weekend

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Ahh good work Alllllllbury mate .... just go easy

that is a beautiful piece of machinery original style , get the rust sorted , get those doors realigned , new chrome , new 327 get her snatch tweaked , new driveline & diff , a full leather interior would be ripping

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
4 Dec 2016 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Ahh good work Alllllllbury mate .... just go easy

that is a beautiful piece of machinery original style , get the rust sorted , get those doors realigned , new chrome , new 327 get her snatch tweaked , new driveline & diff , a full leather interior would be ripping

Yeah I love the 60 models, all but 20 foot long mate,pretty beast,there's one 4 door RHD Belair for sale in Port Mac a lot of them had the Blueflame 6 in em but some of them had 283 V8.My mate here who owns the 2 old Holdens just bought a 58 Chev Biscayne 4 door RHD Aussie assembled,I'll get pics when I can,she's a cool cruiser

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
4 Dec 2016 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Al G said..

This is a nice Patina, I think it looks better than if he had made the whole car cherry, the rust really looks like it should be there.

Just interested to know, if you want that rat look, how do you stop it from rusting further? Clear coats perhaps

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmm that's why I'd be slipping a crate 5.3 in ..... even that would work hard in standard tune with her weight stick a big fat big bore Whipple onto the Harlot nice set of GTHaus customs to blow them nasty emissions out the arse end in polished stainless style she'd be a stonker

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

obct said..

Al G said..

This is a nice Patina, I think it looks better than if he had made the whole car cherry, the rust really looks like it should be there.

Just interested to know, if you want that rat look, how do you stop it from rusting further? Clear coats perhaps

There's one product called Ranex which stops rust dead , then you can sandblast & sand off the areas before paint app .... some pretty heavy blasting involved to get a clean surface

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
4 Dec 2016 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

thePup said..

obct said..

Al G said..

Yeah does look good Ob's and you're right mate,there is a certain type of acid they use,cant think of it atm,rub it on the surface rusted patches then wait a while until it flash rusts again,even longer if you want more rust to come back out,then lighly sand it and clear coat it!..Some people just lightly sand it then clear coat it,depends what you like!...

thePup
13831 posts
4 Dec 2016 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

The other thing is that there are a few Production mobs in the USA who reproduce old panels .... there's one that even does Ford Mainline & Customline reeps full thickness .... I'd go the new item & get the years all over again - blank canvas paint-wise & easier than fixing dents & farken shizz

There is also a mob in Vicco (I think) who do some but they're much thinner metal compared to original spec

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
6 Dec 2016 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Pup,the mate who owns the HR and FC just bought this 58 Chevy Biscayne.I said to him it's screaming for vintage roofracks and his 10 footer on the roof

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
7 Dec 2016 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
7 Dec 2016 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

thePup
13831 posts
7 Dec 2016 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said..

Hey Pup,the mate who owns the HR and FC just bought this 58 Chevy Biscayne.I said to him it's screaming for vintage roofracks and his 10 footer on the roof

mmmmm isn't that nice mate - looks like she still has everything attached too , yeah have a look at the bottoms of those doors & whack some real nice custom racks .... beautiful

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
9 Dec 2016 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
9 Dec 2016 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Classic old surf cars" started by Al G