Thumbs Up

Threads about giving people the heads up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Apr 2016 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
I've had a lot of calls and text messages over the past few months regarding boards that are not for sale but could be.
Without breaking Seabreeze rules I figured perhaps a heads up topic for any boards that you may know of that somebody
is thinking of selling,trading or even swapping.

You were saying mac

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Apr 2016 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Threads about giving people head

ok then

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
13 Apr 2016 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Macaha said...
I've had a lot of calls and text messages over the past few months regarding boards that are not for sale but could be.
Without breaking Seabreeze rules I figured perhaps a heads up topic for any boards that you may know of that somebody
is thinking of selling,trading or even swapping.

You were saying mac

Come on when do we ever stay on track

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Apr 2016 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Apr 2016 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

$75 GoPro clone...I'm waiting on the 4K one (next model) which cost a little more...but yeah, hard to go wrong with a waterproof camera that cheap. I'm gonna mount mine to my Gaff helmet for some POV action & pray for barrels on my next trip to Bali. There are comparison videos on youtube, cams basically older generation gopro quality.

www.shoppingsquare.com.au/search.php?q=

4K model (note: 4K quality is like 5 frames per second which is only useful for stills & time lapse)
www.shoppingsquare.com.au/p_418647_Ultra_4K_HD1080P_Waterproof_Sport_Action_Camera_Supports_WiFi_Helmet_Mounting_Gold_Colour

Comparison Vids
www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sj4000+vs+gopro

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
14 Apr 2016 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said..
$75 GoPro clone...I'm waiting on the 4K one (next model) which cost a little more...but yeah, hard to go wrong with a waterproof camera that cheap. I'm gonna mount mine to my Gaff helmet for some POV action & pray for barrels on my next trip to Bali. There are comparison videos on youtube, cams basically older generation gopro quality.

4K model (note: 4K quality is like 5 frames per second which is only useful for stills & time lapse)
www.shoppingsquare.com.au/p_418647_Ultra_4K_HD1080P_Waterproof_Sport_Action_Camera_Supports_WiFi_Helmet_Mounting_Gold_Colour

Comparison Vids

Look forward to the footage. When you off to Bali? Will check Baliwaves daily for the bloke who looks like a Martian

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
15 Apr 2016 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

I recall Chrispy saying he was keen to attend this years Deus Single Fin event,well it starts May 26th any takers you know road trip
Ted will you be in town 26th onwards

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
15 Apr 2016 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
I recall Chrispy saying he was keen to attend this years Deus Single Fin event,well it starts May 26th any takers you know road trip

i so wish.

i might have blown my chance there atm,but for good reasons

make sure post a travel diary for that one please

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Apr 2016 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...

May schedule is looking interesting at this point. If Chrispy is over I will do my best to be there. Alternatively he could just catch a flight and come see me when he is done not sure I am cut out for the hipster brigade of Canguu. I actually had a beer at Old Mans tonight of all places - so well versed some amazing scenes - trust me

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
15 Apr 2016 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

I'm running it past the minister of home affairs it's bloody good week.

MickPC
8266 posts
16 Apr 2016 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Surf69 said..

MickPC said..

Comparison Vids

Look forward to the footage. When you off to Bali? Will check Baliwaves daily for the bloke who looks like a Martian

I had a couple of pics on Baliwaves in 2014 bazzed on the East coast that Ketut took, but missus pics were much better.....it will look funny, the Gaths are bad enough, but a camera on it is gonna look pretty silly for sure...unfortunately not sure when the next Bali trip is going to be.

We usually go Jan & Sept, but a trip to Europe this June will probably take up most of this years travel funds. Was planning on next January, but missus is talking about going to Japan now coz I havn't been this year. Missus is there now & my niece was disappointed I didn't go. So probably going to go to Japan in Jan. Sux I have no idea at this point other than saying it should be next year some time.

Good news for Japan though. My olds in law are moving from the mountains to the coast close to my favourite surf beach. Just on the start of the Izu Peninsular. So I will be able to leave a board there & borrow a car to cruise down

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
16 Apr 2016 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said..

Surf69 said..

MickPC said..

Comparison Vids

I had a couple of pics on Baliwaves in 2014 bazzed on the East coast that Ketut took, but missus pics were much better.....it will look funny, the Gaths are bad enough, but a camera on it is gonna look pretty silly for sure...unfortunately not sure when the next Bali trip is going to be.

We usually go Jan & Sept, but a trip to Europe this June will probably take up most of this years travel funds. Was planning on next January, but missus is talking about going to Japan now coz I havn't been this year. Missus is there now & my niece was disappointed I didn't go. So probably going to go to Japan in Jan. Sux I have no idea at this point other than saying it should be next year some time.

Good news for Japan though. My olds in law are moving from the mountains to the coast close to my favourite surf beach. Just on the start of the Izu Peninsular. So I will be able to leave a board there & borrow a car to cruise down

Nothing wrong with looking funny when you get great pics and awesome memories!

Bali is not going to go away and its always exciting looking forward to your next surfing Sojourn.

Its an absolute bonus the in-laws have seen the light and moved to the coast, i reckon .... they are angling for more visits.

MickPC
8266 posts
16 Apr 2016 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said..

MickPC said..

Nothing wrong with looking funny when you get great pics and awesome memories!

Bali is not going to go away and its always exciting looking forward to your next surfing Sojourn.

Its an absolute bonus the in-laws have seen the light and moved to the coast, i reckon .... they are angling for more visits.

True mate & I generally only make video's when there are only a few other people out.

Just fanging for a good balinese massage, some glassy waves & a seafood curry from the Pantai Restaurant

It is a bonus mate, its a beautiful part of the world & ideally located within easy reach of a lot of cool places. They are only 30 mins from Yuzawa snowfields at the moment, but thats about it. Yuzawa is only about an hour from Tokyo anyway...can't beat the coast

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
18 Apr 2016 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Selling my 7.2 McCoy Potbelly as I need to fund a new mtb as mine is officially dead.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Apr 2016 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

How did it go in your SA waves mate and have you had the newie out yet

roodney
145 posts
18 Apr 2016 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one, good condition

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
18 Apr 2016 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...

Goes really well.

Newie is coming out Wednesday as I need to go down the South Coast to quote a job

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Apr 2016 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..

Macaha said...

Goes really well.

Newie is coming out Wednesday as I need to go down the South Coast to quote a job

Shame to sell it mate nice looking board,those mtb are not cheap.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
18 Apr 2016 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah very regrettable sale but the mtb gets a lot more use. Had my mtb for 6 years and it is flogged.

Selling my road bike too.

McGuane
484 posts
18 Apr 2016 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
I don't know why peeps worry about reds anyway..its .a stupid thing,you don't know if it's because
you're a DIck
troll
poor comment.
anyways back to the great thread,,ummm what's is the thread
BTW Chrispy youre a D!ck and I'm giving you a red

I agree we shouldn't worry. But I worry.
But never mind, I might cheer myself up by seeing if I can change my name to Dick Troll.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Apr 2016 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McGuane said..

Cobra said..
I don't know why peeps worry about reds anyway..its .a stupid thing,you don't know if it's because
you're a DIck
troll
poor comment.

But never mind, I might cheer myself up by seeing if I can change my name to Dick Troll.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
19 Apr 2016 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Threads about giving people head

Nice to see your making pup feel welcome

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Apr 2016 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
McGuane said..

Cobra said..
you're a DIck
troll
poor comment.

Mac you have more user names than Doggie

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
19 Apr 2016 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

What you talking about

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
23 Apr 2016 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Another one of Macs I wonder how many more are around

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
22 May 2016 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Hey @ Jas. Why is your wife's Thomas for sale on gumtree ?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mooloolah-valley/surfing/thomas-bexon-jai-lee-ursula-longboard-log-surfboard/1112256887

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Jun 2016 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Proof sup is no good for your arse

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jun 2016 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Some people like the Brazo style rear Mac. Not for me at that size.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Heads up thread" started by Macaha