Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Macarama Hawaii 2018

Created by MickPC > 9 months ago, 9 Jun 2018
MickPC
8266 posts
9 Jun 2018 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

The man currently/formerly known as the prez, no doubt the man of the hour...the minute...the second even. Macaha! has been posting some great pics of our unofficial homeland. The place many of us would like to be right now, nice & warm in Hawaii. Meeting celebs, drinking beers & surfing the great waves of surf central, Hawaii...where it all began

Ok so I thought a dedicated thread was well & truly justified & I wanted to upright those sweet sweet sideways Ph pics

Big thanks to Mac for the Pics, hope to see more more more...cheers

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jun 2018 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Haha thanks Mick humbled and will continue to upload those bloody sideways photos wtf is happening with them

MickPC
8266 posts
9 Jun 2018 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

NP m8, its a Ph thing, wack em up in the other thread & I will fix them for ya here...thanks heaps for the piccies...cheers

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jun 2018 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jun 2018 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

I had to drop the last picture because at night this place gets a little crazy, that little tent in the second picture is a homeless camp on the beach front of hotel I'm told the police are too lazy to move them on, the hotel has no right to move them on, they sleep all day while the holiday makes enjoy the day around them

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
10 Jun 2018 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Haha thanks Mick humbled and will continue to upload those bloody sideways photos wtf is happening with them

You gotta rotate them on your phone mate(bottom right hand corner usually) before you upload them to the site,hope this helps ya

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Jun 2018 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Haha AI there the right way on my phone it always dose this when posting overseas

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
10 Jun 2018 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
I had to drop the last picture because at night this place gets a little crazy, that little tent in the second picture is a homeless camp on the beach front of hotel I'm told the police are too lazy to move them on, the hotel has no right to move them on, they sleep all day while the holiday makes enjoy the day around them

Any news on Roy and his Dot

Looks great, Mac, very jealous..

Have you ever done the Pearl Harbour Tour if not well worth it, if you have, you'd know why i suggested it..

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
11 Jun 2018 2:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Macaha said..

Have you ever done the Pearl Harbour Tour if not well worth it, if you have, you'd know why i suggested it..

No sign of Roy mate yes done Pearl Harbour as you say well worth it.

Cobra
9106 posts
11 Jun 2018 5:10AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like fun Mac

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
11 Jun 2018 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

jbshack said..

Macaha said..

No sign of Roy mate yes done Pearl Harbour as you say well worth it.

One thing for sure is that the Prez gets more handsome with age.

ET.

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Jun 2018 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Stop slacking off Mac

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
11 Jun 2018 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Stop slacking off Mac

Sorry mate surfed about 4 hours all up my body is done, some lay days in need but it's just so nice in

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
11 Jun 2018 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Mac - which break are you surfing at Waikiki ? I surfed 'Canoes' for about 5 days this time last year and had a ball - absolutely loved it - was a tich over head high and ran for about 200m+ Was crowded - but I grew up surfing Trigg point in Perth so it was better than a Perth summer... locals were mellow for the most part. One guy warned me about one bloke out there - but he was an older bloke in his 60's who missed a lot - and I was happy to scoop up the ones he missed...

We toured all of Oahu and stayed on the North Shore also, but it was big and windy and not for me - happy to see the locals go nuts. We also did the big island of Hawaii but the surf was flat for a couple of days then came in absolutely massive (breaking over the sea wall and road in Kona) and most of the breaks on the Kona side have volcanic rock beaches and getting back in looked treacherous. I was happy just watching.

We are heading back in June next year for 3wks and will tour Maui, but I will be sure to book a few more days 'playing' on the clean easy waves of Waikiki beach!!

Loved that Kona Brewery beer - Fire Rock Pale Ale! Goes well with the crispy cheese and jalapeno Cheetos !

PS - I based some of our must do places based on some of the feedback you and the other Breezers gave on here. Dukes was our first stop off the plane!

Enjoy your trip... I love that place. 1 Power Ball....

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 3:25AM
Thumbs Up

Yes mate been mainly surfing queens and canoes the locals have been going nuts at queens so seriously great longboarders out there. Somebody nearby drowned out the front of the new beach boys stand on there rental yesterday which fired up the tribe with a fight on the beach park due to the people working who know nothing about surfing and sending tourists out when all the other stands stopped hiring boards due to the conditions, dropping off overnight but some fun ones to be had a little later. Dukes was going off yesterday afternoon a local legend artist plays from 4 to 6 and the place went nuts I only saw the last 30 minutes and there were so many people dancing on the lower section he plays every Sunday. Heading to a great surf shop later called Surf Garage this place is amazing with boards that get you going

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
12 Jun 2018 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

Good on ya mate,your'e getting to do a fair bit of stuff this time around.I miss "Dukes" haha loved the place,I didn't get to that Surf Garage but heard it's a beauty,I think SA went there, definitely on my list next time.You might come home with more boards than you took mateEnjoy...

Horizonz
19 posts
12 Jun 2018 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Sorry mate surfed about 4 hours all up my body is done, some lay days in need but it's just so nice in

haha just frothing for more pics mate, your last write up on the ongoing saga between the board rental boys was interesting. Your our man on the ground right now...hava good1

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Visited Surf Garage this morning post surf man those guys know there stuff, amazing conversation about want boards do what and fin matching, the guy who owns it is a very fit 60 plus guy. I picked up a really nice fin and asked what would this work best in, he said beautiful fin but you need another inch, then informed me on what boards I should be riding, I've been under doing myself in the volume stakes.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Returned into some stunning Rollas into Waikiki for the second surf for the day then hit some more live music at Dukes.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC
8266 posts
12 Jun 2018 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Visited Surf Garage this morning post surf man those guys know there stuff, amazing conversation about want boards do what and fin matching, the guy who owns it is a very fit 60 plus guy. I picked up a really nice fin and asked what would this work best in, he said beautiful fin but you need another inch, then informed me on what boards I should be riding, I've been under doing myself in the volume stakes.

Good to get pro advice like that, but Rainbow Bay/Greenmount are very different waves to Waikiki/Hawaii. Your local waves are more down the line, while Waikiki is more a long standing wave you weave back & forth according to the varied swell. They suit different boards. Didn't you already get a longer board (higher volume) recently I've heard Hawaiian LB's have a different rocker than what we typically have in Oz.

This

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Yes I think that's my 11 footer should be ready. Yes there boards are much longer than we would ride at home, say 10 and 10.6 are standard here, girls are riding 9.6 were at home we ride 9.6 and the girls ride 9.0 volume is everything here and the Tak goes ok but a 10 foot rental is on the cards

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Late nights ABC store

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
12 Jun 2018 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
12 Jun 2018 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Cool Chevy roadster pickup

The ABC stores are cool and cheap for a quick feed

glide77
246 posts
13 Jun 2018 2:18AM
Thumbs Up

I'll be there tomoz...been having a ball here on the north/east side. TurtleBay has been small but fun...also heaps of little coves and breaks sheltered from the trade winds which have been great...Hired McTavish Ray Gleave surftech which has been good....but will be looking for a bigger ride on the south side.
Is KOA still the best hire spot?

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
13 Jun 2018 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Koa and big wave Dave yes super small here I paddled out struggled to get one wave but hangout the water is beautiful see you when you rock up

glide77
246 posts
13 Jun 2018 6:20AM
Thumbs Up

No worries..out of season west swell has started to fill in here! Locals are saying it'll be 4-6 feet soon...with all the breaks firing up. Typhoon in japan or something....just got back in now. Arvo sesh will be fun!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Jun 2018 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

More pics of everything mac

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Macarama Hawaii 2018" started by MickPC