Nrl season 2015

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 15 Oct 2014
NewScotty
2350 posts
23 May 2015 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Well sounds like you boys were saved by opposition who could not kick a goal. Struggle street for both teams aye

Sandow was our best player.

Cobra
9106 posts
24 May 2015 7:44AM
Thumbs Up

wife & i had the pleasure of staying with this young bloke in november down at a storm house.

nice guy, but the thing that impressed me was the size of this fella (middle of the photo)
mate i thought dave T was a big bloke but this guy is a giant.

whats in the Kiwi water

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 May 2015 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
wife & i had the pleasure of staying with this young bloke in november down at a storm house.

nice guy, but the thing that impressed me was the size of this fella (middle of the photo)
mate i thought dave T was a big bloke but this guy is a giant.

whats in the Kiwi water

I was told bully beef is the key bro....not a joke

enjoyed the raiders game....cant believe that raider went for a fg when they had the dogs rattled.....oh well bad luck rs

Cobra
9106 posts
24 May 2015 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

yep the clubs make these boys eat lots of meat every week.

can't believe he kicked it on the 4th in the corner WTF. but after 1/2 time they looked gone ,,then 34 all ahahaha footy

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
26 May 2015 5:24AM
Thumbs Up

Patched up Broncos stun Knights

thePup
13831 posts
31 May 2015 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

...... and the big fat Red & White freight train crashes it's way to the top

wavelength
1195 posts
3 Jun 2015 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Jeepers...

"Daly Cherry-Evans will remain a Sea Eagle after back-flipping on a four-year, multi-million dollar deal to join the Gold Coast."

www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-to-stay-at-manly-sea-eagles-after-breaking-gold-coast-titans-deal-20150603-ghfixg.html

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2015 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Knew that was coming toxic Titans, all manly fans must be the same I just had one in store he sounded just like ted, I told him and he laughed

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Jun 2015 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2015 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

He wants to meet you but distance is an issue

thePup
13831 posts
3 Jun 2015 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Geez how's that hey and I see the NRL have trashed the June Transfer rule too Will Manly climb off the bottom now & sack Toovey along the way

Seems the bookies don't pay respect to the Red & White Dragons either sad farks they are geez I should whack a Greenback on the lads with those odds

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Jun 2015 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

wavelength said...
Jeepers...

"Daly Cherry-Evans will remain a Sea Eagle after back-flipping on a four-year, multi-million dollar deal to join the Gold Coast."

www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/daly-cherryevans-to-stay-at-manly-sea-eagles-after-breaking-gold-coast-titans-deal-20150603-ghfixg.html

JOKE

SP
10979 posts
3 Jun 2015 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
So DCE isn't going to the Titans?

Posted 16-4-15...

Why did take so long, he was never going...

thePup
13831 posts
3 Jun 2015 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like he got the coinage he was after from Brookvale Oval in the end - made easier by Foran scooting off to Parra Geez poor old Goldie Titta's

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Jun 2015 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

i think the titans have dodged a bullet. dce is the most over rated half in the comp,i would prefer to have sandow on bad day.
kieran foran is te one who make dce look good.

plus if my captain or team mate showed that sort of integrity i would seriously have doubts about him having my back. i think manly are going to enf up in big trouble with morale and this will be a big costly mistake

hush on the dragons talk pup

NewScotty
2350 posts
3 Jun 2015 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing against DCE but I've had a gut full of this saga.
I just turned off NRL 360.
Sterlo will be no different next and then the Footy Show later. An early night for Scotty

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
3 Jun 2015 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..
Sterlo will be no different next and then the Footy Show later. An early night for Scotty

I agree but the big issue is the titans were rebuilding on the back of DCE,let two of their better players go and now what?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Jun 2015 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

NewScotty said..

I agree but the big issue is the titans were rebuilding on the back of DCE,let two of their better players go and now what?

thats what they are saying. who else was coming besides the reneger ? they need to step up their effort. i actually like the young half they have

so now a ten day cooling off period,thats seem stupid still. i think if you cant get the best money out of your club,and the only way you think you can milk some more coin out of them is by signing with someone else to do it....is well just farked.

i would like to know more about the new interchange rules as well.have four or five subs. come on once and thats it. no more robots,more a battle of stamina and will bring more of the little skilled players back in the fold. bring back the 80's and 90's rugby league

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Jun 2015 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

dce sage has shown how stupid and inept the nrl really is.

what a mess.

where is the bringing the the game in disrepute fine come in and who gets fined.

more damage done here than any coach mouthing off

the 'staged ' footie show interview will be next

blah blah blah

SP
10979 posts
3 Jun 2015 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Ted will be in here soon with his business head on defending Manlys golden boy DCE, saying great piece of negotiation by the DCE management team.

At the time he signed manly had taken their deal of the table so he signed a certainty and then kept it alive in the media so manly would offer him more. Ethically bankrupt but very business savvy...

Now all that's left is for the NRL to wipe the egg of their face, clean up the Media **** storm and change the rule..

let's just Wrap the hot chips in it and move on... What a farce..

What odds can I get for the Titans wooden spoon in 2016.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2015 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

SP - hard not to say that but what a crap thing to do. In the end they have got the best deal possible for their client - but at what cost?

Looks like pretty poor form to me. But he is just playing by the rules that have been established for along time. Its not like he is the first person to do this. Would be good if he were the last though. Unlikely to be. In most pro-sports its the players (well the top 1-2%) who get to decide what they want. Anyone remember AJ? Different rules for him. English football is littered with blokes breaking contracts. It happens all over the world in every profession. Has anyone in here ever changed jobs for more cashola? Has anyone here negotiated a new job gone to see their present boss to advise them that they were moving on only to be 'convinced to stay' with the upgrade of their present contract? Used to be a very common way to get a payrise in the banking world and probably still is.

The Titians should feel annoyed and rightly so - but they also knew the risks when negotiating this deal - that June deadline was looming. How much emphasis they placed on that risk is another thing - but they were well aware of it.

I think DCE is a goose. Reading some of the crap that came out of his mouth was terrible. He is just a young bloke with the world at his feet. Someone hung a beautiful golden egg in front of him. He took it without really thinking it through. He had time on his side. Probably felt forced and then the reality hit him. I think his management probably deserve a good session in the punch room as well.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
4 Jun 2015 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Dirty cherry

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Jun 2015 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Dirty cherry

I heard you love a dirty cherry

SP
10979 posts
4 Jun 2015 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
SP - hard not to say that but what a crap thing to do. In the end they have got the best deal possible for their client - but at what cost?

Looks like pretty poor form to me. But he is just playing by the rules that have been established for along time. Its not like he is the first person to do this. Would be good if he were the last though. Unlikely to be. In most pro-sports its the players (well the top 1-2%) who get to decide what they want. Anyone remember AJ? Different rules for him. English football is littered with blokes breaking contracts. It happens all over the world in every profession. Has anyone in here ever changed jobs for more cashola? Has anyone here negotiated a new job gone to see their present boss to advise them that they were moving on only to be 'convinced to stay' with the upgrade of their present contract? Used to be a very common way to get a payrise in the banking world and probably still is.

The Titians should feel annoyed and rightly so - but they also knew the risks when negotiating this deal - that June deadline was looming. How much emphasis they placed on that risk is another thing - but they were well aware of it.

I think DCE is a goose. Reading some of the crap that came out of his mouth was terrible. He is just a young bloke with the world at his feet. Someone hung a beautiful golden egg in front of him. He took it without really thinking it through. He had time on his side. Probably felt forced and then the reality hit him. I think his management probably deserve a good session in the punch room as well.

Ok so even the manly fans aren't defending him..

But your right it is a terrible look and a complete **** up for Brand Daly hope the deal wasn't based on third party stuff cause he definitely isn't as marketable as before..

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
4 Jun 2015 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

I dont believe he is a fit and proper person to be a qld captain after this.

I would not follow qld if he is made captain.

He has no honour and is untrustworthy

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Jun 2015 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

You can't be serious Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
4 Jun 2015 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
You can't be serious Lacey

He reminds me of rugbys james conner with all this self brand talk crap

Dazzler75
QLD, 458 posts
4 Jun 2015 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

DCE is not the first to do this...

Luke Lewis
Greg Inglis
Josh Papali
James Tedesco

Have all done the same thing in recent years. GI even turned his back on NSW yet the QLD selectors haven't been concerned about his character. What about the Melbourne blokes and the salary cap scandal - they had to know something was up ie 2 contracts, boats for family members, Harvey Norman cards with $20k to spend. Payments from entities other than the football club. Again the selectors have kept putting them in maroon jumpers every May.

I wonder if all the carry on from the QLDers would be as bad if say Nate Myles decided to stay at the Titans or if this is simply targeted against Manly.

Who can really blame him though the Titans will most likely be playing out of Logan or Ipswich next year anyway - the NRL owns them and could easily move them if an agreement is not met in regard to the use of Skilled Stadium.

Apart from Eagle Rock can anyone else name a hit single from Daddy Cool??

GUESS WHAT MANLY HATES YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!

thePup
13831 posts
4 Jun 2015 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Chrispychampion is probably bang on the coin why would you want him anyway given this sh!t - now he's got to deliver on the deal for Manly

.......... Daly Salary-Evans geez

NewScotty
2350 posts
4 Jun 2015 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

DCE saga...... yawn

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Nrl season 2015" started by laceys lane