The good evening thread

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 13 Dec 2012
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
16 Nov 2015 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..
Can anybody tell me how long the current series of The Block has been going for ?
It seems like 6 farking months.
I flick through the channels and check it out on occasions and wonder when it will end.
What ever happened to just renovating a house ?
It's a bloody 10 storey hotel ffs.
I think one of those Gold Coast Sheila's not bad (not the one that used to Fark Hutchence - the other one)

it runs all year, every year

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
17 Nov 2015 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

evening all.

evening fellow mal surfer mac

thePup
13831 posts
17 Nov 2015 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Ah yes brother lacey ...... good evening my son ...... I wonder how the Maharajah of McTavish is travelling with his 40 footer

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
17 Nov 2015 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Ah yes brother lacey ...... good evening my son ...... I wonder how the Maharajah of McTavish is travelling with his 40 footer

Smashed it in 3 hours Pup

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Nov 2015 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Nov 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Great report card off the surgeon today. He's rapt with the way its gone. Done with the support brace.
Still have to stick with the 6 week plan to nail

He just about kicked me out lol.

Cobra
9106 posts
19 Nov 2015 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Great report card off the surgeon today. He's rapt with the way its gone. Done with the support brace.
Still have to stick with the 6 week plan to nail

so the penis extension worked

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
19 Nov 2015 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Just be really careful mate i lifted some beams into place at home after my hernia op a bit too soon and thought Id popped the mesh,Doc reckons its ok but definitely err on the side of caution,a couple of extra weeks as a safety net is very wise-good luck

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
19 Nov 2015 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Great report card off the surgeon today.

can't blame him

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Nov 2015 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Just be really careful mate i lifted some beams into place at home after my hernia op a bit too soon and thought Id popped the mesh,Doc reckons its ok but definitely err on the side of caution,a couple of extra weeks as a safety net is very wise-good luck

yeah im on to it. 6 weeks is a big gap.

I had good practice easing back in when I had my HA and my chest was cut in two then they wire you back up. got a fair idea what the go is. my problem will be arms up and over head because mine was a upper hernia.

still I wont be paddling for 6 weeks, then its a slow build up. after a bit some gentle long boarding then short boarding.

thePup
13831 posts
19 Nov 2015 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Good news champion you'll be skimming alongside the macaha man before you know it hey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Nov 2015 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

a trip to mct tomorrow!!!!

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
20 Nov 2015 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Give me one good reason why?

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
20 Nov 2015 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

laceys lane said..

Give me one good reason why?

Still thinking Lacey?

I can help you,one good reason is not enough.

they would have over 100 boards in stock

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Nov 2015 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

yes im thinking.

my 9.6 mct triple stringer tinted, red,white and blue hoop bands is top end board. almost a proper collectable.

but im not a dedicated nr riding guru. I have to many other types of boards I like to surf.

so when I get out the nose rider well it going to be real small.

I would like or thinking about a longer and a bit wider board for more glide and catching power.

something more like the hotlog 9.8 I had.

I know the board I have is great,but I like to get out on those super small days like at the alley after a hot day at work and almost ride bumps in like I can on a 12'6 666.

its been on my mind of a long while

thePup
13831 posts
20 Nov 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

ppppppppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttt

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 4:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
yes im thinking.

my 9.6 mct triple stringer tinted, red,white and blue hoop bands is top end board. almost a proper collectable.

but im not a dedicated nr riding guru. I have to many other types of boards I like to surf.

so when I get out the nose rider well it going to be real small.

I would like or thinking about a longer and a bit wider board for more glide and catching power.

something more like the hotlog 9.8 I had.

I know the board I have is great,but I like to get out on those super small days like at the alley after a hot day at work and almost ride bumps in like I can on a 12'6 666.

its been on my mind of a long while

Righto so your looking at a board which has more nose rocker than your current board,how is that going to give more glide for those super small after work days?It makes no sense to me.Sure a little width and length will help but your still going to have less board in the water to get pushed along.If I were you I'd keep the current order this 908 board and see what you think,its going to work a treat or not,if not you've just done big bucks,if it works great then sell the current board,you would know within 4 weeks so the money is not in the bank from the start but it would be 4 weeks later,if all fails you then sell the 908 your thinking about.

Well thats what I'm doing and why I'm not selling my NR,its either going to work or not.At your weight your current board is the weapon for those super small days after work,maybe your over questioning your quiver? Thats may 2 cents

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Nov 2015 5:28AM
Thumbs Up

I didnt say more rocker. Not at all.

I miss that extra support and glide I had on the longer board

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 5:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I didnt say more rocker. Not at all.

I miss that extra support and glide I had on the longer board

Oh ok then you didn't say,but the board your talking about dose have more rocker, fact
So your thinking of buying the same board that you sold a while back,go figure I forgot
why you sold it,enlighten me please.

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 5:58AM
Thumbs Up

???????

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Nov 2015 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

I needed to try some boards for some experience

Ive come to think a correct volume/length log should be able to support you to be able to kneel paddle it.
Um look at all those suoer lite weight riders they kneel paddle so easy. Board sits well

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Nov 2015 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...

Ive come to think a correct volume/length log should be able to support you to be able to kneel paddle it.
Um look at all those suoer lite weight riders they kneel paddle so easy. Board sits well

And I did say a visit to mct

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 6:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Lacey go to the closest mirror,take one look at the guy you see and smash him will you

Your above post has twisted your original requirement,you've gone from super small after work surfs being the focus to now knee paddler

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

laceys lane said...

A board that comes to mind is my sunset FB square tail 908 x 23 x 3 1/8 surely a guy of your weight wouldn't want anything thicker than 3 1/8 to 908 in length maybe a tab wider,you would run it as a single no side plugs.GT is on today your man,my guy is on tomorrow.Read the discription on their site.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Nov 2015 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

laceys lane said...

A board that comes to mind is my sunset FB square tail 908 x 23 x 3 1/8 surely a guy of your weight wouldn't want anything thicker than 3 1/8 to 908 in length maybe a tab wider,you would run it as a single no side plugs.GT is on today your man,my guy is on tomorrow.Read the discription on their site.

I dont particular ly want a knee paddler but you should be able too.
Want kind of rocker does it have

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Why should it have to be able to knee paddle?A board is to paddle in,out and onto waves,its how it performs while standing on it that important no knee paddling.

Oh 07 rocker.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Nov 2015 7:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Why should it have to be able to knee paddle?A board is to paddle in,out and onto waves,its how it performs while standing on it that important no knee paddling.

Oh 07 rocker.

To me that is a guide to the glide and support you need . As I said not to pacify knee paddle.trading at mct would get me $800. Not enough by a long shot so the nr would have to be sold first. Cant afford to just get a fb

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
21 Nov 2015 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

1k as a trade 1300 online

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Nov 2015 5:48AM
Thumbs Up

This has turned into the best thread ever.

Lacey is now nominated for fisherman of the year award

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
21 Nov 2015 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
This has turned into the best thread ever.

Lacey is now nominated for fisherman of the year award

Haha. I actually am thinking chrispy.

The hl I had but with some of the bottom roll in the tail area taken out is a option

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The good evening thread" started by laceys lane