Forums > Surfing Shortboards

07-06-2014 Trigg Beach

Created by photosbykarlo > 9 months ago, 7 Jun 2014
photosbykarlo
236 posts
7 Jun 2014 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Wanted to get a few wave shots, but then was besieged by groms. Nice to get a few waves without the crowds.

byf
WA, 514 posts
7 Jun 2014 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Go groms. Nice work pbk.

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
8 Jun 2014 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Why the massive water marks? I don't see Russel Ord stabbing his pics with watermarks like that.

And his pics a bloody hot!

photosbykarlo
236 posts
8 Jun 2014 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the critique, I had a look at Russell Ord's site and he has some pretty amazing shots there. You should send me a link to the picture of you, it must be pretty good.

If you care to take a look at my web site I too have landscape and seascape shots without water marks, send me PM and I'll send you a link.

When I go and shoot I do because I enjoy doing it, depending on the sport it can be from a few hours to all day, I do not expect to get paid, but if I do make some dollars I am grateful.

So here is a little story after spending a considerable amount on photographic equipment and all day at a particular event (without payment) I had one competitor offer me $2.00 for an image, well it's obvious that he did not get that image.

If your the type of person that would download an image of yourself and use it without even a thank you very much, then the watermark is justified, because at the end of the day your breaching copyright laws.

All I can say, if you care to hire me for a photo shoot then your images will not have watermarks, even the ones I posted on the net.

So if you see me in the water or on the beach come up and hi, I'm pretty friendly unless you try to run me over in the water.

surferstu
1011 posts
8 Jun 2014 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
watermarksbykarlo said..

Thanks for the critique, I had a look at Russell Ord's site and he has some pretty amazing shots there. You should send me a link to the picture of you, it must be pretty good.

If you care to take a look at my web site I too have landscape and seascape shots without water marks, send me PM and I'll send you a link.

When I go and shoot I do because I enjoy doing it, depending on the sport it can be from a few hours to all day, I do not expect to get paid, but if I do make some dollars I am grateful.

So here is a little story after spending a considerable amount on photographic equipment and all day at a particular event (without payment) I had one competitor offer me $2.00 for an image, well it's obvious that he did not get that image.

If your the type of person that would download an image of yourself and use it without even a thank you very much, then the watermark is justified, because at the end of the day your breaching copyright laws.

All I can say, if you care to hire me for a photo shoot then your images will not have watermarks, even the ones I posted on the net.

So if you see me in the water or on the beach come up and hi, I'm pretty friendly unless you try to run me over in the water.

But those pics are of 10 year old kids? Maybe they only have 2$ to spend

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Jun 2014 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
photosbykarlo said..

I saw a picture recently of a Marina and it showed front and centre my boat. It was in a advertisement so i thought id track down the company/photographer and see if i could buy the shot. Well yep i can, @ $245 Now that i thought was a bit much

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"07-06-2014 Trigg Beach" started by photosbykarlo