good work

sad to see fun police wreck it for all

stroke rate towards the end was slowing thou

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
7 Mar 2014 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid JB.
Cant believe the Police ruined it for him.
How far out from land do you have to be to carry flares etc?.

Oldmate78
172 posts
7 Mar 2014 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said...
That's because it's barely breaking. It will immediately fade into a small patch of foam 0.1s after that picture was taken. It needs to be about three times bigger. Look at the other picture. It's mush.

Pretty much on the money legion. There was the odd good set every 20 mins or so but other than that a touch too small a swell. Saving grace was only 1 other guy out though (look close and you can see him on first pic) so managed to nab a couple of ok ones.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Mar 2014 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
oz surf said..

Nice vid JB.

I guess he would have to come under the paddle craft act. SO unto 400 mtrs nothing. then to 2 NM he needs a bilge pump or bailer, life jacket, and inshore flares. 2-5nm you need to add EPIRB, and then over 5nm you also need Offshore flares, and 27 meg radio…Stupid really.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
7 Mar 2014 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

oz surf said..

Nice vid JB.

I guess he would have to come under the paddle craft act. SO unto 400 mtrs nothing. then to 2 NM he needs a bilge pump or bailer, life jacket, and inshore flares. 2-5nm you need to add EPIRB, and then over 5nm you also need Offshore flares, and 27 meg radio?Stupid really.

They could have just followed him until he got there, 2k would have taken 10-15mins? to finish?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Mar 2014 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

oz surf said..

Nice vid JB.

I guess he would have to come under the paddle craft act. SO unto 400 mtrs nothing. then to 2 NM he needs a bilge pump or bailer, life jacket, and inshore flares. 2-5nm you need to add EPIRB, and then over 5nm you also need Offshore flares, and 27 meg radio?Stupid really.

They could have just followed him until he got there, 2k would have taken 10-15mins? to finish?

Yeah i completely agree, i recon if it was me i say f-it and fine me..I guess they still could have blocked him and got nasty..But still a real shame IMHO..

Funny enough after just checking the above list out (i copied it of a DPI brochure) you don't need an anchor..

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
7 Mar 2014 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

What would they do if said bugger ya, and kept paddling?

Taser not an option and they were in full gear so not able to jump in and arrest him.

Bloody good effort in any case

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Mar 2014 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

What would they do if said bugger ya, and kept paddling?

Taser not an option and they were in full gear so not able to jump in and arrest him.

Bloody good effort in any case

They could actual arrest him, technically if he didn't get in i suppose they could also get him then for resisting arrest..

Missed you this morning

beerdead
NSW, 433 posts
7 Mar 2014 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody good effort.
Shame about the fun police as said. It's a poor world that regulates our every move. That's what make surfing so a challenge. Just you and the sea. No boundaries other than senses, sense and judgement. And ability.

Zuke
901 posts
12 Mar 2014 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Flew solo today and the conditions really turned it on. Also there were bait fish everywhere with Bonito and big Tailor smashing them up and something a lot bigger having a go at them too.

Good times!

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
15 Mar 2014 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Scored some nice reef point lefts this morning. Was great to get some long rides. Crowds were fairly ridiculous.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Mar 2014 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Scored some nice reef point lefts this morning. Was great to get some long rides. Crowds were fairly ridiculous.

Yep had a ball at a Northern Reef that was so much fun. Three hours of joyous enjoyment until both legs were cramping too much almost to stand

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
31 Mar 2014 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

little bit of size at trigg yesterday

got few "rides"

otherwise just close outs, but

no backwash, I guess that will come back soon and another winter ofdiscontent is around the corner

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Mar 2014 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Buster fin said..

Yep had a ball at a Northern Reef that was so much fun. Three hours of joyous enjoyment until both legs were cramping too much almost to stand

Had two hours of bliss this morning happily with small crowd of only 3 to 7 at worst Traffic getting home was fun though, especially when they closed the road to unload a dozer on the side

photosbykarlo
235 posts
31 Mar 2014 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

This spot was looks the goods, only one local to share with.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 Mar 2014 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
photosbykarlo said..

This spot was looks the goods, only one local to share with.

Yours and my idea of good is slightly different Karlo

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
4 Apr 2014 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Got a heap of waves yesterday with just two of us in the water (excluding a friendly seal and some dolphins). Pretty windy early but it glassed off nicely. Joy day to be out on the water.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
11 Apr 2014 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a northern beach yesterday, beautiful autumn conditions, waves could have been a little bigger but was not complaining as it was clean and offshore with only a handful out.

Had lunch at the local feed bag after, stopped in an hired a movie on the way home (Rush) not a bad way to spend the last day of my holidays!

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
11 Apr 2014 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

There was some cracking righthanders at a certain metro beachbreak yesterday arvo. A couple of super fast drainers in amongst the closeouts. Best I've seen it since last year.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
11 Apr 2014 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..

Surfed a northern beach yesterday, beautiful autumn conditions, waves could have been a little bigger but was not complaining as it was clean and offshore with only a handful out.

Had lunch at the local feed bag after, stopped in an hired a movie on the way home (Rush) not a bad way to spend the last day of my holidays!

Thats a great movie, watched it a few nights ago. Acting is second to none!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Apr 2014 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mitchbat said..

There was some cracking righthanders at a certain metro beachbreak yesterday arvo. A couple of super fast drainers in amongst the closeouts. Best I've seen it since last year.

At my local last night it was rather strange with a few young guns putting on a bit of a air show..

This morning up the road more was breaking just, but was fun to break up the paddle exercise with a wave or two Word was yesterday was way better..

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
12 Apr 2014 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

What a woeful run of conditions for us metro weekend warriors... I have started swimming again to keep the shoulders rolling

shunter
WA, 441 posts
12 Apr 2014 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

fun two hours mid morning metro, just have to have a quiver, even with plenty of crew in the water got a few..

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
12 Apr 2014 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
shunter said..

fun two hours mid morning metro, just have to have a quiver, even with plenty of crew in the water got a few..

Glad you got a few. I checked at 8:00am and then again at 10:00am... just couldn't be bothered battling the 50 crew hanging off TP for what was on offer... so I came home and fixed the retic and cooked dinner instead...

Just got back from cycling 25km along the coast. Shame there's no swell, as it was a beautiful LAGO from about 4:30pm.

Waveless
VIC, 117 posts
14 Apr 2014 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Any waves today guys? Checked the cams and saw what looked like 1 figure drop into a wave at perths favourite spot only to split into 4 people and decided against

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Apr 2014 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Waveless said..

Any waves today guys? Checked the cams and saw what looked like 1 figure drop into a wave at perths favourite spot only to split into 4 people and decided against

Oh yes there was Today more then ever found out how much paddle fitness you lose with a bung shoulder
Was a bit different out in the fog

blueball
WA, 87 posts
14 Apr 2014 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Ha i saw that fin resting on that log this morning! Plenty of sand to be cleared there, makes for a very short paddle out though!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Apr 2014 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
blueball said..

Ha i saw that fin resting on that log this morning! Plenty of sand to be cleared there, makes for a very short paddle out though!

Did you see the guy yelling at the surf, he cracks me up.. As per usual i took a few rights but its not as much fun paddling back out through the sets..

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
14 Apr 2014 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

I got bombs for 4 hours this morning
8-9' boards were the pick
Yeow

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
17 Apr 2014 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Yeeeeeewwwwwwww waves today . Not so secret SPOT nth of Perth, 40 stretched out between Na..s, midd-- and the main break.......good fun odd bomby good shape YEWWWWWWWW

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie