Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
MickPC
8266 posts
19 Aug 2014 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Just open a pic, right click & copy image location. Then paste that to here...make sure you have a decent browser installed like Firefox...nice pics mate

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Aug 2014 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Pics of the last three days are on my profile I don't know how to get em up on here. Me missis got one of the best shots I've seen of an empty a frame. Ended up surfing it by me self for four hours than heading up the coast to a wedge right. If someone knows how to pull it off me profile and put the a frame on here fire it up. Swells bumping tomorrow one of me mates here wants to take us to one of his waves reckons itll be the goods fingers crossed

Great shots, good to see your still riding the Vanguard

What size is it

Razzonater
2224 posts
19 Aug 2014 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Razzonater
2224 posts
19 Aug 2014 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers for the heads up, ill wait till I get back to wa haven't got a computer here.
The vanguards a 6 foot set up with Simon Anderson quads sa4 I think. I had the 510 but that's now two pieces. I got the 6"0 mainly cause I think they go ok in solid stuff ( my version of solid and Gerry Lopez version are very far apart to a consistency of about 1 in a thousand. ) but in all honesty it's been the best go to off a rack board I've bought for waves up to head/ half. Anything over that requires a 6"6
Dvah was small this morning with odd bigger sets. I then got held captive at seaworld for the rest of the day

MickPC
8266 posts
20 Aug 2014 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
C:\fakepath\image.jpg

That's from your pc or whatever...it should work if you right click, copy/paste from the pics already uploaded to your profile.

Zuke
901 posts
22 Aug 2014 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Looking good for the weekend warriors. Best of luck, it's going to be solid in the morning!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
22 Aug 2014 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Might struggle after 6.5 hours today.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
23 Aug 2014 6:31AM
Thumbs Up

Solid alright, 4.8m @ 18+secs at the Rock now. I'm off

Razzonater
2224 posts
23 Aug 2014 7:20AM
Thumbs Up

Raining on the east coast. Swell has bumped still can't load pics till I get home to computer. A mythical wave which Michael Peterson is renowned for is breaking today. I can see it from my balcony. Must go

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
23 Aug 2014 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Well that was kinda poop really, did the car park hop for 1.5 hrs before dodging closeouts for another couple. Reminded me yet again why I travel.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
23 Aug 2014 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..
Well that was kinda poop really, did the car park hop for 1.5 hrs before dodging closeouts for another couple. Reminded me yet again why I travel.

Yeah - I did the north side car park hop twice over today... earlier this morning and just an hour ago. Didn't bother to get wet - it was just close-out city or fat at the novelty breaks... saw a new expoxy in two halves on the beach at Mullaloo this morning... and I never saw anyone get a single wave that I would have said was really good... even the boogers were getting smashed.

Hopefully other crew scored nicely as there was certainly bulk swell around...

Zuke
901 posts
23 Aug 2014 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

I thought you would have been all over it today smicko with a posse sorted and a trip to secret spot X or Y.

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
23 Aug 2014 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

local goofy foot Troy making the most of it
bit too much swell for it really

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
23 Aug 2014 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
I thought you would have been all over it today smicko with a posse sorted and a trip to secret spot X or Y.

Was short for time today Zuke, kids birthday (not mine either) And just to rub salt in the wound, one of the usual cohorts did hit up one of those "secrets" and it was cooking.
Bugger.

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
23 Aug 2014 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Yes it was very nice to get wet again after so long. Knackered and (w)holy, but smiling

Razzonater
2224 posts
24 Aug 2014 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

I caught a wave from snapper through greenmount into the beach. It was the longest wave I have ridden in years and years. For the locals here it may not of been that good however there were solid head head and a half ones and they were warping and makeable. People were hooting in the water today so i think by all accounts it was pretty magic today.
Things I learnt today.
A) i do not like the sweep at snapper
B) i understand why they call it the super bank
C) it is exciting
D) it has a similar queuing system to the theme parks, take a ticket wait your turn come in at greenmount walk back to the start of the line.
E) the barrels are makeable you can stall go fast amazing sections.
D) it makes me hate trigg and scarbourough more.
E) please see D

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Aug 2014 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun waves, but they were slightly wonky at best and i really could have used a wiper sniper

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Aug 2014 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
I caught a wave from snapper through greenmount into the beach. It was the longest wave I have ridden in years and years. For the locals here it may not of been that good however there were solid head head and a half ones and they were warping and makeable. People were hooting in the water today so i think by all accounts it was pretty magic today.
Things I learnt today.
C) it is exciting
D) it has a similar queuing system to the theme parks, take a ticket wait your turn come in at greenmount walk back to the start of the line.
E) please see D

Which one is you Razz
The Mad Hueys have a video of a wave on there page. The crowd looks crazy

photosbykarlo
236 posts
24 Aug 2014 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Same quality "crowd factor" as Trigg Pt on a summer day

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
24 Aug 2014 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Well that made up for yesterday.

Razzonater
2224 posts
24 Aug 2014 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...
Razzonater said..
Things I learnt today.
C) it is exciting
E) please see D

Which one is you Razz
The Mad Hueys have a video of a wave on there page. The crowd looks crazy

I was in the water at 530 out by 8 did three laps back to the point, woke up checked it from the balcony. While I was out there the crowd increased horrifically. Going down coast tomoz.

Razzonater
2224 posts
26 Aug 2014 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

Amazing waves yesterday. Magic, horrendous crowds. Surfed snap early today crowds horrific. Worst crowd I've ever experienced a mix of full rippers, full kooks, board bailers, shoulder hoppers, dropper inners, gumby, egg rolls, shredders, hipsters, single fin aficionados, hybrid board riders, esky lidders, some dude on a surf ski who got kegged off his head which was pretty bizzare to see. I got a couple of real nice ones to myself and about four that some of the above brothers in the line up saw fit to " share" with me. A wide one came through and I escaped through the next bay leaving the circus with a couple of good eyeballs full of water. A personal thanks to all who dropped in in me today. And a genuine thanks to those who didn't.

Razzonater
2224 posts
27 Aug 2014 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Had enough of crowds at snap went down the coast and scored double head a frames near Byron........the search..... Pumping I am on a wave scoring run, I have put more tube time in in 2 weeks than in the last six months

Zuke
901 posts
27 Aug 2014 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

You sound fully stoked Razzonater and that's great to hear. I can see depression setting in about two weeks after getting back home to Perth's favourite beaches.

Razzonater
2224 posts
27 Aug 2014 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey zuke, it's been too good. Home Saturday and its going to be hard to stay keen. Me and Huey had been fighting for a couple years. He'd snap my boards and twist my knees. He'd send me to lanno to get there just in time for the southerly. I'd wait in carparks for swell that never came. I just kept going like a good humble servant. I'd stand on the hill and it was six in the morning freezing cold and flat. Oh I'd say you tricked me again and again Huey hahaha. I started doubting him and questioning his existence. But he was always there watching waiting biding his time. He could see my suffering, i went through it just going through the motions . Than the last two weeks he has let me into his all you can eat buffet with free drinks. He patted me on the head and said there ya go. Get out there, okay Huey I'd reply and paddle out like the willing little trooper I am.
It is a rare time in life when you go somewhere off season and its as on as the on season.
Surfing who would of thought aye

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
27 Aug 2014 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of phone pics from the top carpark before suiting up.

Razzonater
2224 posts
27 Aug 2014 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bene313 said...
Couple of phone pics from the top carpark before suiting up.

Yeeow, maybe coming home ain't too bad

Zuke
901 posts
27 Aug 2014 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Hey zuke, it's been too good. Home Saturday and its going to be hard to stay keen. Me and Huey had been fighting for a couple years. He'd snap my boards and twist my knees. He'd send me to lanno to get there just in time for the southerly. I'd wait in carparks for swell that never came. I just kept going like a good humble servant. I'd stand on the hill and it was six in the morning freezing cold and flat. Oh I'd say you tricked me again and again Huey hahaha. I started doubting him and questioning his existence. But he was always there watching waiting biding his time. He could see my suffering, i went through it just going through the motions . Than the last two weeks he has let me into his all you can eat buffet with free drinks. He patted me on the head and said there ya go. Get out there, okay Huey I'd reply and paddle out like the willing little trooper I am.
It is a rare time in life when you go somewhere off season and its as on as the on season.
Surfing who would of thought aye

Zuke
901 posts
29 Aug 2014 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Had a plan to do the early and travel today and try and beat the wind, the conditions looked good at 5am so off I went. Still looking good after launching so I was feeling optimistic. It had a bit of wind on it as I anchored up so I hopped in straight away, it was a little bumpy but I got about an hour and a half in before the wind started to kick, it wasn't perfect but I had a great time and was well worth the effort.

Razzonater
2224 posts
29 Aug 2014 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a bit of juice zuke.... Yeaooow. Surfed kirra and snapper last few days. Kirra was off its head yesterday. Fanning parko dean Morrison all star cast seen some **** go down. Got a few myself the crowd was fully psycho hectic. Kirra they should write a song about it. Surfed byron today cause off the public holiday. Surfed the wreck and it was head half delightful sand funnels. Home tomoz back to wa. ( the swell drops to 3-5 foot tommorrow so I can leave knowing what I had.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie