Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
7 Oct 2015 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Some epic little beachies around yesterday arvo with a surprisingly small crowd. Was that photo from yesterday Mocha? Looks a fair bit bigger than where I was further south

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
7 Oct 2015 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Had a few fun ones this morning at metro beach. Still find it amusing that 20 people will sit on one bank and cause carnage when you can sit 50m away with only a handful of crew taking turns

Picked up a new board last week, must admit I am a lot pickier with the waves I go for with a new stick!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Oct 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Souwester said..
Had a few fun ones this morning at metro beach. Still find it amusing that 20 people will sit on one bank and cause carnage when you can sit 50m away with only a handful of crew taking turns

Picked up a new board last week, must admit I am a lot pickier with the waves I go for with a new stick!

Picks of the board you would like to share Hippie..

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
7 Oct 2015 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

YeahMitchbat...Local secret spot ,Kebabs Hows this one from West coast Hwy, been all over Facebook so no reddies for me eh!, how's the bomb up towards Trigg.......Yesterday was so good.....got foot surgery coming up on Monday so I'm being a wave pig ( thanks Huey for cooperating )

got some great waves today further north than yesterday, small crowd good long walls left and right odd barrel - waist to head n a bit

MickPC
8266 posts
7 Oct 2015 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Epic Pic Mocha, fills me with the warm & fuzzy's...reminds me of the view from my dads place on Filburn st in the late 80's

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Oct 2015 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

That was a rare event indeed! Great photo.

Did anyone see/have any boards broken? The potential was huge!!

MickCam
WA, 129 posts
7 Oct 2015 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Scarborough had some absolute gems this morning... Good banks everywhere, heaps of little nuggets. A new board added to the fun! I followed Captain Good vibes (good!) advice and hit up Ryan Von Dresselt from Von surfboards. Board lit up this morning... Fast, drivey responsive... Everything you want from a good shortie. He's a legend of a bloke, and the build quality is awesome. Stoked! Best board I've ridden in a long time. I'll try and attach some pics. I hate wearing shoes, hence the filthy wax. Yeew

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
7 Oct 2015 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickCam said..
I hate wearing shoes, hence the filthy carpets. Yuuuck

Fixed it for ya.

MickCam
WA, 129 posts
7 Oct 2015 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

indeed, it has seen better days...

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
8 Oct 2015 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickCam said...
Scarborough had some absolute gems this morning... Good banks everywhere, heaps of little nuggets. A new board added to the fun! I followed Captain Good vibes (good!) advice and hit up Ryan Von Dresselt from Von surfboards. Board lit up this morning... Fast, drivey responsive... Everything you want from a good shortie. He's a legend of a bloke, and the build quality is awesome. Stoked! Best board I've ridden in a long time. I'll try and attach some pics. I hate wearing shoes, hence the filthy wax. Yeew

Looks sweet mickcam - is that one of his models or a custom?

MickCam
WA, 129 posts
8 Oct 2015 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

It's a great board...I clicked with it straight away.

The model is called 'The Jake' - with the tail shape and rails adjusted for me. High performance shortie, lights up with a bit of power and curve in the wave.

Got a little EPS summer buster on order at the moment as well!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
8 Oct 2015 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Sweeeeet!! Make sure u share the love with the eps summer model as well brother

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
9 Oct 2015 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Are we all surfed out yet? Zuke?

Zuke
901 posts
10 Oct 2015 6:38AM
Thumbs Up

Still away, back next week.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
10 Oct 2015 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

I hope you've been scoring cos it's been all-time at home!

Does everyone agree? Shame it's all come to a skidding halt

PaulyOS
199 posts
10 Oct 2015 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Friday doesn't look too bad! Let's just hope the banks don't straighten out and the wind stays low

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
16 Oct 2015 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

SHARK ADVICE FOR MOSES ROCK BEACH, NORTH OF GRACETOWN
16 OCTOBER 2015Alert level:
A shark ADVICE has been issued due to a whale carcass being reported at Moses Rock Beach in the City of Busselton.

Situation:The whale carcass was reported by a member of the public to Department of Parks and Wildlife at approximately 2pm.It is possible the carcass will act as an attractant that could lead to sharks coming close in to shore along this stretch of coast.While it’s not uncommon for sharks to be present off the Western Australian coast throughout the year, people should exercise additional caution.What to do:Take additional caution in the area from Quininup Beach to the northern end of Wilyabrup Beach, including Moses Rock beach.Adhere to beach closures advised by Local Government Rangers or Surf Life Saving WA.Keep informed of the latest detection and sighting information by checking the SharkSmart website or Surf Life Saving WA’s Twitter feed.If you see a shark, report it to Water Police on 9442 8600. All shark sighting information reported to Water Police is provided to response agencies and to the public on the SharkSmart website and the Surf Life Saving WA Twitter feed.What authorities are doing:Department of Parks and Wildlife has closed the Moses Rock beach for the safety of water users.As the site does not allow for the removal or burial of the carcass, it is likely that the beach will remain closed for some time.Department of Parks and Wildlife staff will continue to monitor the situation.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
17 Oct 2015 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Sick surf today on the new board, bit crowded but cool people out this morning

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
17 Oct 2015 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Photos of the board you know the rules.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Oct 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

DARTH said..

The problem is his lawn is shocking. Maybe take a picture with that nasty bush thing with thorns Darth

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
17 Oct 2015 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Macaha said..

DARTH said..

The problem is his lawn is shocking. Maybe take a picture with that nasty bush thing with thorns Darth

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
24 Oct 2015 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone see the seal at north scarb? Hung around us for 20 mins..

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Oct 2015 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to my SP and a low expectation on surf, i was able to enjoy knee to waist high session on my own before work. Water was a delight..

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
30 Oct 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
Thanks to my SP and a low expectation on surf, i was able to enjoy knee to waist high session on my own before work. Water was a delight..

Whats the volume on the SP?

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
30 Oct 2015 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

^ must have timed it right for the rotto ferry leaving Hillarys

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
30 Oct 2015 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

Huge around 47 l i think..

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
30 Oct 2015 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

jbshack said..

fu(k

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Oct 2015 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

You can ride those boards with way less volume than you think and still get the benefit as they have the huge fat tail. Perfect in the small stuff as they stop you bogging and with the extra float under your rear end you get great benefits right from the start of your wave

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
30 Oct 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said...
jbshack said..

DARTH said..

jbshack said..

fu(k

Pfft.

For the most part I don't surf UNDER 46litres these days. 47? That's nothing. Taking 59 out on Sunday morning. Of course it'll be a bit bigger than knee high.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
30 Oct 2015 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

DARTH said...

jbshack said..

DARTH said..

jbshack said..

fu(k

Pfft.

For the most part I don't surf UNDER 46litres these days. 47? That's nothing. Taking 59 out on Sunday morning. Of course it'll be a bit bigger than knee high.

Haha, Ive just gone up to 31 and it paddles really nice. 59?? what the hell is that?? Should be ok down your way on Sunday 2.5m?

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie