WA, 325 posts
8 Sep 2016 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Not everywhere

mitchbat
WA, 397 posts
8 Sep 2016 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Some semi sheltered runners around this Arvo if you can put up with the hassle fest.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
8 Sep 2016 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Knocked off work early hoping to get a few in out front of home....but faaaark me the crowd.

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
8 Sep 2016 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

^ it looked good but I didn't bother, too many others in the water.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
9 Sep 2016 6:37AM
Thumbs Up

Shoulda pulled out the camera instead subs. Current, former national, state level surfers and underground rippers all day long.

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
10 Sep 2016 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Huey that was great, 2 productive surfs today on a pumping rip bank.
thanks Smicko too

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
10 Sep 2016 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Bite me.

Zuke
901 posts
12 Sep 2016 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

LAGO and a great way to end the week. (I also thank you for your sacrifice smicko as Huey has been very kind lately)

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
17 Sep 2016 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks again Smicko
pumping rip bank early surf and again after "fatherly duties" fulfilled same rip bank delivering some belters.

hope Huey repays you for your generous "rebuild " when you can return to the water.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
17 Sep 2016 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Went out with the kooks at the cove this morning and popped a fin out on the reef.

Now listening to the Westpac chopper doing bog laps over my house. There was a shark cruising by.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
17 Sep 2016 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Went out with the kooks at the cove this morning and popped a fin out on the reef.

Now listening to the Westpac chopper doing bog laps over my house. There was a shark cruising by.

The westpac chopper was circling and hovering for around 5 minutes of my local. I wasn't their but it sent my family into a spin. Luckily "Find my I Phone" app showed i was surfing somewhere else. No reports on any media sights though so not sure what they were looking at

ArtVandelay
76 posts
18 Sep 2016 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

Same where we were, the chopper did a bit of a hover directly over us and swung a couple of low passes and disappeared. It was actually pretty cool to watch and you could smell the exhaust.
Then a few minutes later the cops rolled up with the christmas tree lights flashing, they said someone had reported seeing a chopper crash.
How they didn't see it fly away was beyond me ?? Maybe too much ganja !!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Sep 2016 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ArtVandelay said..
Same where we were, the chopper did a bit of a hover directly over us and swung a couple of low passes and disappeared. It was actually pretty cool to watch and you could smell the exhaust.
Then a few minutes later the cops rolled up with the christmas tree lights flashing, they said someone had reported seeing a chopper crash.

I don't see why the chopper couldn't use a light system to confirm they are happy. A green flashing light would make you feel a lot better IMHO.

Vice versa a red light could be used to flash if there was a danger near you..

DJMWA
WA, 344 posts
19 Sep 2016 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said...
ArtVandelay said..

I don't see why the chopper couldn't use a light system to confirm they are happy. A green flashing light would make you feel a lot better IMHO.

Probably a navigation lights regulation I would think. Don't you run a boat shop....?

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
19 Sep 2016 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DJMWA said..

jbshack said...

ArtVandelay said..

Probably a navigation lights regulation I would think. Don't you run a boat shop....?

Haha thats a ridiculous stretch..
Nav lights are normally used for night time
Im not really sure anyone is going to drive a boat around a helicopter..SO don't see the problem.

I also don't see boaters having any issues driving on the road with green and red lights

But i guess by your response, there are some people that could get confused..

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Sep 2016 5:07AM
Thumbs Up

Couldn't see any lights on the copper chopper the other night...

esoom
WA, 119 posts
20 Sep 2016 6:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Not sure where you live, but Sat night there was a chopper with no lights around the Greenwood/Warwick area with lights out using infra-red looking for that 16 year old ****wit who t-boned another car resulting in 2 fatalities.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
20 Sep 2016 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Scored a few glassy ones this morning. Put a new set of fins in and happy with the results.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Sep 2016 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
esoom said..

Buster fin said..

Not sure where you live, but Sat night there was a chopper with no lights around the Greenwood/Warwick area with lights out using infra-red looking for that 16 year old ****wit who t-boned another car resulting in 2 fatalities.

Could be the one...

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
20 Sep 2016 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Yes Suba. Plenty of fun ones around the beaches today. Pre-school holiday emptiness! Get it while it's hot!!

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
20 Sep 2016 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Speaking of fins.......I've just purchased a board with futures boxes, all my boards have FCS.......so anyone got any quad sets in futures for sale, large most prob Stretch, AM2s Simon Andersons etc

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Sep 2016 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

A quick surf at Mulla point this morning. Nice and straight, but best part was a guy paddles out and says theirs "free bbq burgers on the beach".. Yeah that old chestnut to clear the water..

Well bugger me their was

So surf and bbq burger, great start to the day

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
24 Sep 2016 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Free waves and food?!

What a country we live in! And happy pre-not-really-ya-birthday, Lizzy. Here's to another 10.

yeah, there were a few waves to go around today for sure,

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
24 Sep 2016 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Really fun punchy waves early whilst it was too cold and dark for the kooks. Fittingly the waves lessened in quality when the masses arrived. Love this time of year, rewards the people with half a clue.

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
25 Sep 2016 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

No takers today?

'Cmon fellas, don't be shy...

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
28 Sep 2016 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Popping over to Portugal late October.
Anyone wanna school me on the surf there? Is October a good time?

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
28 Sep 2016 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Had great waves in Portugal 20+ years ago followed a swell from the Lisbon area all the way to France. plenty of breaks beaches to reefs....even went to Nazare.....thank Christ it wasn't even breaking
portugused Govt will refund you your travel cost if you don't get waves-always stated during the Supertubos Comp which is in late October.
ccccccold water and hot days.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
28 Sep 2016 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

How cold?

Ive surfed the Irish Sea...can't be worse than that right?

dmitri
VIC, 1040 posts
29 Sep 2016 12:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mocha1 said..
Speaking of fins.......I've just purchased a board with futures boxes, all my boards have FCS.......so anyone got any quad sets in futures for sale, large most prob Stretch, AM2s Simon Andersons etc

just bumped into this thread accidentally..

I got futures Am2s glass blue thruster set and 2 rear SA4 honeycomb all as new..my 2 boards are fcs..

would swap 'em for a slab of emu bitter if i was in Perth

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie