Created by CYVRWoody > 9 months ago, 30 Jul 2020
CYVRWoody
133 posts
30 Jul 2020 2:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FYI:
Part 1
"High Aspect ratio hydrofoil wings have a large wing span & short chord (narrow), and provide a different riding experience compared to conventional low aspect ratio wings. In this video, I will share my experiences with the Axis 1150, the largest area high aspect ratio wing I could find on the market and compare it to the Slingshot Infinity 99, the largest area front wing from Slingshot. In this video, the gliding distance and stalling speed of these two foil wings will be compared, and in Part 2 the pumping distance and pumping speed will be compared. To test these wings, I build a 30 meter test course. With multiple camera angles and marker buoys, I am able to calculate the speed of these wings in various applications."

Part 2

"In Part 2, we will continue the review of the Axis 1159. High Aspect ratio hydrofoil wings have a large wing span & short chord (narrow). They provide a different riding experience that I wanted to explore and understand. In this video, I will share my experience with the Axis 1150, the largest area high aspect ratio wing I could find on the market. I also compare this wing to the lower aspect ratio Slingshot Infinity 99. In part 1, we explored gliding distance and stall speed. In this video, part 2, we explore pumping speed and distance. To test these wings, I built a 30 meter test course and incorporate a constant pull force bungee from Horue to help ensure accurate comparisons. This review is based on my experience and I encourage everyone to form their own opinions based on their own experiences with these wings."

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"Axis 1150 High Aspect & Slingshot Infinity 99 Low Aspect" started by CYVRWoody