Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

Naish Hover Crossover 140 (223.5 cm x 81.3 cm)

Created by westozwind > 9 months ago, 15 Nov 2019
westozwind
WA, 1395 posts
15 Nov 2019 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Is it possible that one board can rule them all? Wind foil, SUP foil and SUP surf all in one package!
So far I have Wind foiled and SUP surfed this board and it has plenty of potential for a hack like me!
I did start foiling last season and had the pink NeilPryde Flight AL and then a NeilPryde Surf Medium.First wind foil was at Sandy Bay (Exmouth), 10-12 knots, the 2020 Jet 1650 foil and a 5.3 combat. I was dubious that this would get going in such light conditions, but a few little pumps and I was up and going.
The board is very short so there is very little chance you will smash the nose if you have a radical dismount. It's 140 litres makes it very stable. There are footstrap inserts if you need them, but I have not seen a need to date.
It's a very predictable foil it rises easily once up to speed and due to the curved down front wing tips, breeching is easily controlled as not all of the foil wing comes out of the water so it settles nicely once the cavitation is over.
As a surf SUP, I've had it out in waist to chest high waves and the width makes it easy (and stable) to catch waves. The short length is not too bad as the wide nose stops it from nose diving. I was pleasantly surprised by how easily it turned as I was expecting it to be more demanding with the wider tail.
The Abracadabra Plate is a fantastic invention that makes the foil package so much more user friendly.Thanks to Reg at Windsurfing Perth for getting this in for me. It's a real winner!
See, 10-12 knots. If kids can be out paddling around, the wind is not that strong!

LeeD
3939 posts
16 Nov 2019 2:36AM
Thumbs Up

10- 13 mph is easy foiling weather.
My 73 wide Naish SUP's, windsurfer's, and paddle surfs, and prone surfs.....but foils the best

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"Naish Hover Crossover 140 (223.5 cm x 81.3 cm)" started by westozwind