Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

PWA Release guidelines for 2019 Foiling

Created by STARBOARD > 9 months ago, 16 Aug 2018
STARBOARD
5 posts
16 Aug 2018 6:12AM
Thumbs Up

Some interesting direction and format guidelines from PWA that may also help forge some direction for top Regional and National level racing as logical feed-in events to the top tier International PWA series... Enjoy the flight..

da vecta
QLD, 2514 posts
16 Aug 2018 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

You know it makes sense. Maybe not the 91cm board width rule though. Most of the aussie fleet uses Formula boards for racing.

cammd
QLD, 3779 posts
16 Aug 2018 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
da vecta said..
You know it makes sense. Maybe not the 91cm board width rule though. Most of the aussie fleet uses Formula boards for racing.

Don't worry about the board width unless you want to sail in the PWA circuit

da vecta
QLD, 2514 posts
16 Aug 2018 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks National Foiling class Captain ...but I hope you're right.

cammd
QLD, 3779 posts
17 Aug 2018 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
da vecta said..

what will most likely happen, given this is the way windsurfing rolls in every other discipline, there will be multiple foil classes like formula foil, slalom foil, freestyle foil, speed foil, wave foil, freewave foil, gpstc foil, Olympic foil, youth foil and free race foil. There will be three people in every class but some of them will be doubling up in multiple classes to achieve those numbers.

edit; apologies I forgot LT foils

bushfire
NSW, 354 posts
17 Aug 2018 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Mmmm, interesting reading! I reckon the board limitations will not apply in Australia, at least for this season. Most foils will fit into the foil limitations and having a 10m2 sail max seems like a good idea, although I reckon any number/type of sail should be allowed.

I'm intrigued by the course designs - some different ideas to the traditional upwind/downwind (i.e formula) designs.

I think the overriding thing in Australia at this "early" stage of the class development is not to exclude or discourage any rider on any gear - let's build a good racing fleet size before restricting gear etc

jusavina
QLD, 1463 posts
25 Aug 2018 4:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cammd said..

da vecta said..

what will most likely happen, given this is the way windsurfing rolls in every other discipline, there will be multiple foil classes like formula foil, slalom foil, freestyle foil, speed foil, wave foil, freewave foil, gpstc foil, Olympic foil, youth foil and free race foil. There will be three people in every class but some of them will be doubling up in multiple classes to achieve those numbers.

edit; apologies I forgot LT foils

You forgot Raceboard foil as well

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"PWA Release guidelines for 2019 Foiling" started by STARBOARD