Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

anyone demoed infinity 84 and Moses 1100 ?

Created by kiter49 > 9 months ago, 2 Mar 2020
kiter49
84 posts
2 Mar 2020 5:27AM
Thumbs Up

Hi ! I already have an Infinity 84 and I'm looking at Moses 1100 to replace it , I want more low end than the I84 but with more speed than the I 99 , I would then get a 790 to complete my quiver . So my question is : is the 1100 going to have a little more low end ? So Ithought may be someone had the opportunity to ride both . Thanks.

sambucabarnes
14 posts
2 Mar 2020 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

I don't believe the moses will fit the slingshot fuse. Although very similar in design the mounting system is very different so you would require a whole moses foil to use the 1100 at which point you could get the 760 (something like that) moses wing which is comparable to the slingshot infinity.

kiter49
84 posts
2 Mar 2020 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Thats right , I know Slingshot fuse does not work , if the 1100 wing is a little better in low end than the I84 I will look to get an entire Moses kit , there is the Moses Vento 85 which comes with a 790 , 900 fuselage , 450 rear wing which is interesting. So I'd like to add to it the 1100 wing and get rid of my hover glide completely . The problem I have with this is that the mast provided with the package is a tuttle and my board has a track . So I would need an adapter which will add at least a pound and would be something more to take care of .
Another thing I try to know is if the 900 fuselage will be good for the 1100 , looking at the kit 82-1100 Onda the fuselage is 710 and they say that this is the best way to use the 1100 . On the other hand , the plate masts 82 and 91 don't figure in the windfoil section , Is it because these masts do not fit the windfoil fuselage or because these surf masts are not constructed to take the force applied by the sail ??
I'm kind of lost with all those differents fuselages / masts ect .

duzzi
1066 posts
2 Mar 2020 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kiter49 said..
Thats right , I know Slingshot fuse does not work , if the 1100 wing is a little better in low end than the I84 I will look to get an entire Moses kit , there is the Moses Vento 85 which comes with a 790 , 900 fuselage , 450 rear wing which is interesting. So I'd like to add to it the 1100 wing and get rid of my hover glide completely . The problem I have with this is that the mast provided with the package is a tuttle and my board has a track . So I would need an adapter which will add at least a pound and would be something more to take care of .
Another thing I try to know is if the 900 fuselage will be good for the 1100 , looking at the kit 82-1100 Onda the fuselage is 710 and they say that this is the best way to use the 1100 . On the other hand , the plate masts 82 and 91 don't figure in the windfoil section , Is it because these masts do not fit the windfoil fuselage or because these surf masts are not constructed to take the force applied by the sail ??

Ask Sailworks www.sailworks.com/. They are the importer for Moses in the US and Bruce Peterson is very knowledgeable about foils. The contact info is on the main page.

kiter49
84 posts
2 Mar 2020 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
duzzi said..

kiter49 said..

Ask Sailworks www.sailworks.com/. They are the importer for Moses in the US and Bruce Peterson is very knowledgeable about foils. The contact info is on the main page.

Thanks Duzzi ,
I did already chat online with them last week but I'm still mixed up , so I'll take your tip and call Bruce . It looks like the plate mast fits only on the 710 surf/sup fuselage .

kiter49
84 posts
5 Mar 2020 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kiter49 said..

duzzi said..

kiter49 said..

Thanks Duzzi ,
I did already chat online with them last week but I'm still mixed up , so I'll take your tip and call Bruce . It looks like the plate mast fits only on the 710 surf/sup fuselage .

Done , I have the 1100 at home so I should be able to compare soon .
Thanks for your help everybody !

dejavu
825 posts
6 Mar 2020 12:10AM
Thumbs Up

Take a look at this video when it comes to compatibility between Moses masts and how to use Sling Shot masts with Moses fuselages.

dejavu
825 posts
6 Mar 2020 12:10AM
Thumbs Up

Take a look at this video when it comes to compatibility between Moses masts and how to use Sling Shot masts with Moses fuselages.

kiter49
84 posts
6 Mar 2020 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..

Thanks dejavu , very helpfull , I was not certain the Moses to Slingshot adapter was good on the normal fuselage/carbon .

dejavu
825 posts
7 Mar 2020 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kiter49 said..

kiter49 said..

duzzi said..

kiter49 said..

Thanks Duzzi ,

So what's the answer? The 1100 works with both the 710 and 900 fuselages but the 710 fuselage only works with the aluminium mast and the 900 fuselage only works with the carbon mast. The aluminium mast can be adapted to a plate to be used with a mast track but I'm not sure the carbon mast can be converted from Tuttle to plate -- so are you going to use the adapter thus allowing the 900 fuselage to be used with the aluminium mast?

kiter49
84 posts
8 Mar 2020 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..

kiter49 said..

kiter49 said..

duzzi said..

kiter49 said..

Thanks Duzzi ,

So what's the answer? The 1100 works with both the 710 and 900 fuselages but the 710 fuselage only works with the aluminium mast and the 900 fuselage only works with the carbon mast. The aluminium mast can be adapted to a plate to be used with a mast track but I'm not sure the carbon mast can be converted from Tuttle to plate -- so are you going to use the adapter thus allowing the 900 fuselage to be used with the aluminium mast?

I have a Moses windfoil carbon mast that came with the vento kit , I ordered from Moses an adapter Tuttle to plate to use with the track (I think this is a new adapter that Moses is building now ),There are other brands already offering it too , I also ordered a Moses to slingshot adapter to use with all my Slingshot alu masts on the Moses carbon mast 900 fuselage. There is a Moses plate carbon mast that fits on the 710 fuselage but not on the 900 fuselage (too bad I would not need an adapter Tuttle to plate) , you are right the alu mast fits on the 710 but you need an adaptor to be able to use it on the carbon mast 900 fuselage , the alu masts fit on the 900 alu fuselage (base one) , there are two differents fuselages 900 , and yes I would need an adapter to fit a Moses alu mast to my carbon mast fuselage 900 (Why would one build simple when you can do complicated ??....)
Adapters are costly and add weight to the hydrofoils , an adapter Tuttle to plate add one to two pounds to the carbon mast , so if one buy a windfoil carbon mast to shave some weight but have to add an adapter does not gain anything but the stiffness . I don't know if the carbon plate mast is heavier than the tuttle carbon mast at same lenght .
Humm I hope I have it right . If any mistakes please let me know it .

dejavu
825 posts
8 Mar 2020 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kiter49 said..

dejavu said..

kiter49 said..

kiter49 said..

duzzi said..

kiter49 said..

Thanks Duzzi ,

I have a Moses windfoil carbon mast that came with the vento kit , I ordered from Moses an adapter Tuttle to plate to use with the track (I think this is a new adapter that Moses is building now ),There are other brands already offering it too , I also ordered a Moses to slingshot adapter to use with all my Slingshot alu masts on the Moses carbon mast 900 fuselage. There is a Moses plate carbon mast that fits on the 710 fuselage but not on the 900 fuselage (too bad I would not need an adapter Tuttle to plate) , you are right the alu mast fits on the 710 but you need an adaptor to be able to use it on the carbon mast 900 fuselage , the alu masts fit on the 900 alu fuselage (base one) , there are two differents fuselages 900 , and yes I would need an adapter to fit a Moses alu mast to my carbon mast fuselage 900 (Why would one build simple when you can do complicated ??....)
Adapters are costly and add weight to the hydrofoils , an adapter Tuttle to plate add one to two pounds to the carbon mast , so if one buy a windfoil carbon mast to shave some weight but have to add an adapter does not gain anything but the stiffness . I don't know if the carbon plate mast is heavier than the tuttle carbon mast at same lenght .

O.K. I think I've got it and thanks.

Why did you want the 900 fuselage? I thought the 710 fuselage was intended for the 1100 wing and it comes with the aluminium mast in a package, which is considerably less expensive than the carbon mast package -- was it the light weight of the carbon mast ?

If I purchase a Moses foil I think I'll just go with the aluminium mast and 710 fuselage and avoid a lot of the expense and the hassle of using an adaptor (or purchase the 900 fuselage, wing and stabilizer without the carbon mast and use the adaptor to attached the fuselage to my Sling Shot masts and save more money).

kiter49
84 posts
8 Mar 2020 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..

kiter49 said..

dejavu said..

kiter49 said..

kiter49 said..

duzzi said..

kiter49 said..

Thanks Duzzi ,

O.K. I think I've got it and thanks.

Why did you want the 900 fuselage? I thought the 710 fuselage was intended for the 1100 wing and it comes with the aluminium mast in a package, which is considerably less expensive than the carbon mast package -- was it the light weight of the carbon mast ?

If I purchase a Moses foil I think I'll just go with the aluminium mast and 710 fuselage and avoid a lot of the expense and the hassle of using an adaptor (or purchase the 900 fuselage, wing and stabilizer without the carbon mast and use the adaptor to attached the fuselage to my Sling Shot masts and save more money).

If you only have track system on your boards , cheapest prices : you have the best of both world with the alu mast and 710 fuse ,although I think you still need to buy a mast plate adapter .
I wanted a light weight carbon mast and stiffness but also I have two boards : one equipped with a tuttle box and one with a track .
(I thought to get rid of the tuttle one but begun to think that in the near future I will look to replace it , and the next one will probably be also equipped with a tuttle box ), so at the end of the day , the Tuttle mast plus adapter made sense . I have differents Moses wings that all fit on the 900 fuselage . If you look at Moses chart on the Sailwork web site on the windfoil section you will find that the 1100 is compatible with the 900 fuse , now if you look at the Moses site you will find that the 1100 is compatible with the 710 fuse .
I'm going to weight differents masts/adapters combo .
I would like to find the weight of the Moses 82 plate carbon mast to be able to compare .

dejavu
825 posts
13 Mar 2020 6:23AM
Thumbs Up

Where I am the price of the Sling Shot foils (American) just increased by 4.5%, while the price of the Moses foils (European) increased b y 8.5%.
I just cancelled my order for the Moses 1100 wing since I need the Moses mast, fuselage and stabilizer as well. I'll still get the Sling Shot i99 wing since I already own the other components.

If things settle down over the next few months I may revisit the Moses products.

kiter49
84 posts
14 Mar 2020 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

I understand , I 99 is certainly a good wing . Have fun !

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Foiling

"anyone demoed infinity 84 and Moses 1100 ?" started by kiter49