Forums > Windsurfing General

1000 km

Created by kato 1 month ago, 23 Jul 2024
kato
VIC, 3398 posts
23 Jul 2024 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like Fredrick might have done the 1000km in a day. Early at this stage so not a lot of details just Facebook. Amazing effort and commitment if it's confirmed.

kato
VIC, 3398 posts
23 Jul 2024 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

decrepit
WA, 12092 posts
23 Jul 2024 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure Kato, he was 11 minutes over for 1km over. If that Coros result is accurate, he'll be a few kms short in the 24hr period.
But amazing anyway!

boardsurfr
WA, 2312 posts
23 Jul 2024 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

He probably switched the watch on before carrying his gear down to the water for a hundred meters or so. Clipping that off may well leave him with 1000 km in 24 hours. But if he'd submit it to get an official record, they'd certainly clip it down to less than 1000, using rather questionable statistics. But regardless of all that, it's an amazing record.

Paducah
2536 posts
23 Jul 2024 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

When your GPS track looks like an Etch-a-Sketch that you've filled in the screen by going back and forth so much.

Grantmac
2064 posts
24 Jul 2024 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

Makes my knees ache just thinking about it

lemat
65 posts
25 Jul 2024 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Since 2020 this guy try regularly to windsurf 1000km in 24 hours. This time he was really near, have to stop to change kit because of wind change and one longer stop (half an hour) because of moon disapear under cloud.

Chris 249
NSW, 3325 posts
27 Jul 2024 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
boardsurfr said..
He probably switched the watch on before carrying his gear down to the water for a hundred meters or so. Clipping that off may well leave him with 1000 km in 24 hours. But if he'd submit it to get an official record, they'd certainly clip it down to less than 1000, using rather questionable statistics. But regardless of all that, it's an amazing record.

Why would anyone use "rather questionable statistics" to take away a record from someone?

The guys who oversee records do it as volunteers as I recall. Why would anyone take on that job just to take records away from people on questionable statistics, and if they are questionable why wouldn't someone challenge them and win?

choco
SA, 4032 posts
28 Jul 2024 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Should be in miles

MobZ
NSW, 309 posts
29 Jul 2024 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Big distance is super inspiring to me.
Obviously it is a great feat of physical endurance, but the mental part must be something else.
A very tough mind must be needed to keep pushing and hang in there for this mind boggling distance?
I often think about you Kato going all night at LG and wonder what that must feel like, epic!

kato
VIC, 3398 posts
30 Jul 2024 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MobZ said..
Obviously it is a great feat of physical endurance, but the mental part must be something else.
A very tough mind must be needed to keep pushing and hang in there for this mind boggling distance?
I often think about you Kato going all night at LG and wonder what that must feel like, epic!

Yes, the right mindset is the key and that's the bit that keeps me interested. The km is just a way of measuring it. Sailing at LG at night is epic and the last one had no moon at all so you got the Milky Way in all its glory. Magical experience

Paducah
2536 posts
31 Jul 2024 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MobZ said..

That's what I was thinking. Climbing off a board after sailing pretty much 24 hours straight and then saying, "how about another 90 minutes?" Ninety minutes when you are physically wiped out must feel like forever.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"1000 km" started by kato