TAS, 301 posts
5 May 2018 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Suited swinger

Sparky
WA, 1121 posts
5 May 2018 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Sailboat racers were having so many protests they brought a full time lawyer on board.

Cambodge
VIC, 851 posts
5 May 2018 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

On a budget, Australia's manually-guided anti-ship missile scores direct hit on hull and sinks yacht.

Mastbender
1972 posts
6 May 2018 1:27AM
Thumbs Up

"I don't always go sailing, but when I do, I always make sure to make the best impression.
Now can you please hand me my Dos Equis".

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
6 May 2018 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Got too close to Wellington Point in the WAGS yacht race last Wednesday. Picked up an unexpected guest.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
6 May 2018 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

The new keel modification made Frank's boat very competitive jumping the sand banks in the Surf to City inshore fleet

Mev
NSW, 23 posts
6 May 2018 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

The name's Bond. Allan Bond.

decrepit
WA, 12162 posts
6 May 2018 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Waterloo said..

Hey Pete, look at that ship on the horizon, I'm sure the bottom half of the hull is out of site!

Imax1
QLD, 4716 posts
6 May 2018 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mev said..
The name's Bond. Allan Bond.

That's good

Tardy
5028 posts
7 May 2018 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

I'm suited for foiling.

Jetlag
NSW, 173 posts
7 May 2018 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

It was sad to see the growing sport of IMOCA 60 Freestyle fade so rapidly. Especially considering Alex Thomson had just perfected the Southern Ocean Switch Kona, in a suit!!!!

decrepit
WA, 12162 posts
7 May 2018 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Waterloo said..
Sure it was fun now, but Stevo wasn't quite as happy when they gybed.

Yep, that hop over the boat takes a lot of practice!

tarquin1
950 posts
7 May 2018 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

You guys keep a bloody good eye out for Dolphins.

tarquin1
950 posts
7 May 2018 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Just in case you haven't seen it.
www.seabreeze.com.auhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BiGQE-vHbOH/

sailpilot
QLD, 783 posts
8 May 2018 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Port tacks a breeze, stbd's takes a bit to swollow

Waterloo
QLD, 1496 posts
14 May 2018 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Last call for entries

Waterloo
QLD, 1496 posts
19 May 2018 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Congrats to Mev for the clever post, you are the winner!

Mev
NSW, 23 posts
19 May 2018 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks!
As a first timer on these comps. .. what do I do next?

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8021 posts
19 May 2018 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sparky said..
Sailboat racers were having so many protests they brought a full time lawyer on board.

Carantoc
WA, 6666 posts
20 May 2018 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mev said..
...As a first timer on these comps. .. what do I do next?

Ahhh yes. Let me help you out.

First you need to send off your winner's fee. Best way is just PM me your credit card details and I'll take it from there.

Then you need to find a picture to which people may or may not be able to post a funny caption to. The picture needs to be :
a) not yet used in the last 467 caption comps (most people ignore this)
b (i) ) watersport related (this is tricky so most people ignore it)
b (ii) ) and preferably allows the piss to be taken from kiters (this is easy, anyone can take the piss out of them, like candy from a baby really)

In order to ensure you have complied with a) and b) I can run a computerised check for you, cost is minimal. Just PM me your credit card details and I'll take it from there (best if you have a second card for this part as the first one may be maxed out by this time).

Then you post the picture here with the title "Caption Comp 468", sit back, relax and enjoy the humorous responses as they come flooding in.

And then in a week or so (most people ignore this) you determine a winner. Based on who is funniest. Personally I always think everything posted by that Carantoc person is the funniest. I just love their stuff. Awesome.

Oh - if any Yanks respond with some convoluted rubbish then don't get upset. It is not that they are being rude, Yank's just can't do comedy (well, except slap-stick where they vote for presidents and the such like).

(P.S. Canadians aren't much funnier, but at least they aren't Yanks.)

Glad I have been some help.

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
20 May 2018 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Carantoc said..

Mev said..
...As a first timer on these comps. .. what do I do next?

Ahhh yes. Let me help you out.

First you need to send off your winner's fee. Best way is just PM me your credit card details and I'll take it from there.

Then you need to find a picture to which people may or may not be able to post a funny caption to. The picture needs to be :
a) not yet used in the last 467 caption comps (most people ignore this)
b (i) ) watersport related (this is tricky so most people ignore it)
b (ii) ) and preferably allows the piss to be taken from kiters (this is easy, anyone can take the piss out of them, like candy from a baby really)

In order to ensure you have complied with a) and b) I can run a computerised check for you, cost is minimal. Just PM me your credit card details and I'll take it from there (best if you have a second card for this part as the first one may be maxed out by this time).

Then you post the picture in the windsurfing general forum with the title "Caption Comp 468", sit back, relax and enjoy the humorous responses as they come flooding in.

And then in a week or so (most people ignore this) you determine a winner, announce it at the end of the thread and then send a PM to the winner to make sure they know they have won, so they can start the next CC. Based on who is funniest. Personally I always think everything posted by that Carantoc person is the funniest. I just love their stuff. Awesome.

Oh - if any Yanks respond with some convoluted rubbish then don't get upset. It is not that they are being rude, Yank's just can't do comedy (well, except slap-stick where they vote for presidents and the such like).

(P.S. Canadians aren't much funnier, but at least they aren't Yanks.)

Glad I have been some help.

Mev, In case that was as clear as mud, I have underlined the important bits for you

Mev
NSW, 23 posts
20 May 2018 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks carantoc. A clear and erudite description. Stay tuned for my hopefully original picture and my Nigerian bank account details.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Caption Comp #467" started by Waterloo