Forums > Windsurfing General

GoPro - 25-30kts Tabou Rocket 105ltr 6.6 Loft

Created by Sputnik11 > 9 months ago, 16 Mar 2014
Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
16 Mar 2014 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Way overpowered but couldn't be bothered changing down, so hung on for dear life. Short runs, but lots of fun. Still getting used to the GoPro.

.be

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
16 Mar 2014 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

Oh yeah, and I nailed the gybe....

qldnacra
QLD, 455 posts
16 Mar 2014 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Smoothest water I've ever seen in 25-30 knots. Our water looks like that around 18.

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
16 Mar 2014 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
qldnacra said..

Smoothest water I've ever seen in 25-30 knots. Our water looks like that around 18.

Yeah - we're lucky at Parkdale, a northerly comes off the land and the water stays smooth until a fair way out. Close to the beach you can get massive gusts and perfectly flat water.

Sailhack
VIC, 5000 posts
16 Mar 2014 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

The old 'drop gybe'!

How do you find hooking and un-hooking with the hook up? I'm not sure that many have their harnesses set up that way.

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
16 Mar 2014 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sailhack said..

The old 'drop gybe'!

How do you find hooking and un-hooking with the hook up? I'm not sure that many have their harnesses set up that way.

Yeah I know. I've had it like that for 30 years. I've tried flipping it, but it never feels natural so I've left it that way. I think I must have set it up like that when I first started using one and never bothered to look at how others had them. For me its natural.

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8023 posts
16 Mar 2014 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Love the faces! I thought I was the only one that huffed and puffed..maybe I do it more often as being a lightwind being overpowered is very common..

tilldark
QLD, 275 posts
16 Mar 2014 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said..

Love the faces! I thought I was the only one that huffed and puffed..maybe I do it more often as being a lightwind being overpowered is very common..

LOL! i do exactly the same thing

ka43
NSW, 3075 posts
16 Mar 2014 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid. Great to see another "strange" sailor who sails with hook up!!! There are only a few of us.
With your camera on the boom facing the sailor try and put it as far forward as possible to give a wider view of the action.

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
16 Mar 2014 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ka43 said..

Nice vid. Great to see another "strange" sailor who sails with hook up!!! There are only a few of us.
With your camera on the boom facing the sailor try and put it as far forward as possible to give a wider view of the action.

Thanks for the tip - will do that next time. Only the second time I've taken it out.

Also got a head mount to try out shortly too. Any other mounts I should get?

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
16 Mar 2014 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Nice clip Sputnik, like the concentration

I really like the view from behind the boom- "clew mount". I had our local fabricator make up this bracket. You can see both sides of the boom, sailors foot work, etc, plus you look like your going really fast when your not...lol. But it's all a personal thing I guess.

Have fun with the Gopro, they're great things hey. It's early days with mine too.

WaynoB
NSW, 393 posts
17 Mar 2014 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Nice video Sputty.

Interesting to see how much the boom flexes at the end. Amazing. Alloy?

Macroscien
QLD, 6806 posts
17 Mar 2014 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PhilSWR said..

amazing view from the end of the boom ! Specifically during gybe look fabulous.
Next thing I like about this clip is sound, water splash all natural sounds instead or hard rock music.

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
17 Mar 2014 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Macro. I'm happy with the view. I like the way it shows where you are going, and what's up ahead, also with a decent amount of scenary.

I'm yet to give the "clew view" a good run. Hanging for some decent wind and head high waves. One day...

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
17 Mar 2014 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wbailey said...
Nice video Sputty.

Interesting to see how much the boom flexes at the end. Amazing. Alloy?

Yeah the boom flex surprised me too. It was fairly windy...

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
17 Mar 2014 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Did you use the Tectonics fin???

fibersnap
52 posts
17 Mar 2014 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Great gopro viewpoint - hope you do more videos. Very clean jibe footwork as well.

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
17 Mar 2014 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jman said...

Yeah Jerry, loves the big wind conditions. Were you out on Saturday?

Sputnik11
VIC, 972 posts
17 Mar 2014 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PhilSWR said...
Nice clip Sputnik, like the concentration

I really like the view from behind the boom- "clew mount". I had our local fabricator make up this bracket. You can see both sides of the boom, sailors foot work, etc, plus you look like your going really fast when your not...lol. But it's all a personal thing I guess.

Have fun with the Gopro, they're great things hey. It's early days with mine too.

That really is an awesome camera angle. Is your mate selling them?

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
18 Mar 2014 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sputnik11 said..

Jman said...

Yeah Jerry, loves the big wind conditions. Were you out on Saturday?

Glad to hear you like the fin and yes got out at Bonno on both days

evlPanda
NSW, 9202 posts
18 Mar 2014 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Any reason the "clew-mount" brackets hang down and not up? I'd have thought up might be better?

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
18 Mar 2014 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

I think it's just to avoid filling the screen with sail. Down low seems to drop under much the of the sail, giving a pretty clear view in front.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"GoPro - 25-30kts Tabou Rocket 105ltr 6.6 Loft" started by Sputnik11