Forums > Windsurfing General

MAURITIUS: African & Asian Continental Championship 2-9 September 2017

Created by izymiester > 9 months ago, 11 Jun 2017
izymiester
WA, 325 posts
11 Jun 2017 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

After a few successful years by the Aussie poledancers and teabaggers on the Island the event is back bigger and better.

There will be racing in 3 or 4 locations around the island depending on wind directions.

There is a variety of racing including slalom with le mans start, boat starts, rabbit starts, long slalom mini marathons (7-10km) like Cervantes Windsurf Challenge and one MASSIVE long distance race where you can choose to do 1 lap (40km) or live a little and do 2 (80km)

Heaps of good vibes, wind and teams from South Africa, Seychelles, France, Italy, UK and Australia

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Event Website and Enter here
gp-mauritius.ifcaclass.com/

Notice of Race
internationalwindsurfing.com/userfiles/documents/IFCA_GP_MAURITIUS_2017_NoR.pdf

Exact details below will be confirmed in the very near future.

ACCOMMODATION Hotels: 2 Attitude Hotels on Zilwa Bay heavily discounted by the Attitude hotel chain.
hotels-attitude.com/en/zilwa-attitude/ Price last year was 70 Euro shared or about 125 solo
http://sensimar-mauritius.com/ (previously named BluMarine Hotel) Cheaper.

ACCOMMODATION OPTION BEACH BUNGALOWS: Either at Pt D'Esny or near the Zilwa Hotels in the north.

FLIGHTS: Discounted TBC 15-20% off regular price.

BAGGAGE: Free first bag 23kg, 50 Euro for 2nd, 50 Euro for third (Max 3 bags per person)

PM me if you are interested in the event

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
14 Jun 2017 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

izymiester said..

After a few successful years by the Aussie poledancers and teabaggers on the Island the event is back bigger and better.

There will be racing in 3 or 4 locations around the island depending on wind directions.

There is a variety of racing including slalom with le mans start, boat starts, rabbit starts, long slalom mini marathons (7-10km) like Cervantes Windsurf Challenge and one MASSIVE long distance race where you can choose to do 1 lap (40km) or live a little and do 2 (80km)

Heaps of good vibes, wind and teams from South Africa, Seychelles, France, Italy, UK and Australia

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Event Website and Enter here
gp-mauritius.ifcaclass.com/

Notice of Race
internationalwindsurfing.com/userfiles/documents/IFCA_GP_MAURITIUS_2017_NoR.pdf

Exact details below will be confirmed in the very near future.

ACCOMMODATION Hotels: 2 Attitude Hotels on Zilwa Bay heavily discounted by the Attitude hotel chain.
hotels-attitude.com/en/zilwa-attitude/ Price last year was 70 Euro shared or about 125 solo
http://sensimar-mauritius.com/ (previously named BluMarine Hotel) Cheaper.

ACCOMMODATION OPTION BEACH BUNGALOWS: Either at Pt D'Esny or near the Zilwa Hotels in the north.

FLIGHTS: Discounted TBC 15-20% off regular price.

BAGGAGE: Free first bag 23kg, 50 Euro for 2nd, 50 Euro for third (Max 3 bags per person)

PM me if you are interested in the event

Can you tell us where the locations are and what the sailing is like at each?

BRUCE H
NSW, 179 posts
20 Jun 2017 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

This sounds great. Their website has very little info yet unfortunately. The Notice of Race requires competitors to have 1,000,000 euros insurance. Would our standard AWA insurance for club members be enough?

WindsurfingWA
WA, 799 posts
20 Jun 2017 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

I believe the AWA insurance will be sufficient but will check.

Capie
45 posts
20 Jun 2017 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

I unfortunately cannot make it this year. Budgetary restraints imposed by having built a house. There's a bit of pressure off you izymeister. It was, however, a fantastic experience last year and I'd recommend it to all. We didn't have a lot of wind last year during the competition. What wind we did have was deceptive. 15 knots at Le Morne isn't 15 knots in Cape Town. I raced with medium kit at Le Morne but should have been on the big sail and for the rest I was only on my big board and big sail. I believe it can blow there but I'd probably take a chance with just an 80cm board and 7.7 and 8.4. Even when there wasn't a lot of wind, we had a great time. The organisers put us on catamarans that took us out to an island and we have a barbeque on the back of the cats. The camaraderie in the evenings was great and overall it was pretty well organised.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"MAURITIUS: African & Asian Continental Championship 2-9 September 2017" started by izymiester