Forums > Windsurfing General

Race board spares??? Speed SR250L

Created by Dag > 9 months ago, 31 Jan 2017
Dag
QLD, 720 posts
31 Jan 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

I have just acquired a Speed SR250L Race board. Thanks heap's Tony. It has the smaller of the two centerboards, and I would really like to find the larger one. Also I'd love to find an original, adjustable mast track.
Anyone out there with any, or a crappy old board that could be used for spare's, I'd love to here from you.
Cheers,
Darren.

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
2 Feb 2017 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

Hi dag, on the SPEED theme. Ive got a SS125L. Looking for footstraps. Couple of mine keep popping under load. Also looking to purchase SR250L Sunshine coast

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
2 Feb 2017 11:33PM
Thumbs Up

Hi olskool, I'm not familiar with the ss125L, but I just replaced all the rear strap's with normal short board one's, and I made the long one's out of heavy rubber. I rounded the edge's, and made alloy rectangular washer's to go across each of the end's. Didn't try her out today. I remember sailing one long time ago and loved it. They're still a good board I think.(Hope).

AusMoz
QLD, 1451 posts
3 Feb 2017 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

You just need to find an old 90's "Air Sail" to go with it then you have the complete 1990 marathon set up!

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
4 Feb 2017 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

Need to try and find a good fin that's US base until I convert it to Tuttle.

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
6 Feb 2017 6:57AM
Thumbs Up

SS125L footstraps are plastic, with three tongues that clip into a slot in the deck. The outer two have notches that clip in to slot and inner tongue holds all in place. Think they might be Tyronsea style.It may be easier to fill slot with resin and convert to screw in style footstraps? Any solutions out there?

grich62
QLD, 667 posts
6 Feb 2017 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
olskool said..
SS125L footstraps are plastic, with three tongues that clip into a slot in the deck. The outer two have notches that clip in to slot and inner tongue holds all in place. Think they might be Tyronsea style.It may be easier to fill slot with resin and convert to screw in style footstraps? Any solutions out there?

i ve got two with out covers you can have if you use just resin in the holes they strip out also makes the footstrap closer because the screw goes in the side of the strap. better to put in plugs

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
8 Feb 2017 6:18AM
Thumbs Up

Hi grich62, spare footstraps?Cool! Im on sunshine coast where are you?

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
17 Apr 2017 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dag said..
I have just acquired a Speed SR250L Race board. Thanks heap's Tony. It has the smaller of the two centerboards, and I would really like to find the larger one. Also I'd love to find an original, adjustable mast track.
Anyone out there with any, or a crappy old board that could be used for spare's, I'd love to here from you.
Cheers,
Darren.

Hi Darren,are you still looking for SR250L parts/board? Drop me a line if you are. Andrew.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
17 Apr 2017 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Andrew,
Cool mate, I just sent you a message.
Cheers,
Darren.

sailquik
VIC, 6094 posts
18 Apr 2017 12:32AM
Thumbs Up

If anyone has, or knows where to get parts for the Speed' sliding mast tracks, I am after some for my Tandem build.

Alternatively, if anyone knows the specs or part number of the track Aluminium extrusion, that would be even better. I can probably make the rest myself.

I also may have a couple or three brand new speed foot-straps lying about somewhere. I know I used to have, and it almost never throw anything like that away. I will have a dig around tomorrow.

I know I have some of the similar Cobra footsteps. Also some Windrush,TC and F2 parts. I have no idea why I have kept them. Maybe I just thought a thread like this would eventually come up.

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
21 Apr 2017 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sailquik said..
If anyone has, or knows where to get parts for the Speed' sliding mast tracks, I am after some for my Tandem build.

Alternatively, if anyone knows the specs or part number of the track Aluminium extrusion, that would be even better. I can probably make the rest myself.

I also may have a couple or three brand new speed foot-straps lying about somewhere. I know I used to have, and it almost never throw anything like that away. I will have a dig around tomorrow.

I know I have some of the similar Cobra footsteps. Also some Windrush,TC and F2 parts. I have no idea why I have kept them. Maybe I just thought a thread like this would eventually come up.

Im not using board atm. Will see if i can remove track n get dimensions for you.

sailquik
VIC, 6094 posts
21 Apr 2017 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

olskool said.. Im not using board atm. Will see if i can remove track n get dimensions for you.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer but I don't know if it would help. I have a Speed race board I can take the track out of and measure up, but that doesn't help much if I can't find the source or part number of the extrusion.

(Thats how I know it is a really great track! )

I had a search and found the Cobra footstraps, but not any Speed straps. sorry. If anyone has an old Cobra board they are restoring or displaying, let me know.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
22 Apr 2017 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Old school, I'd be interested in the board. I sent you a message on Seabreeze.

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
22 Apr 2017 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dag said..
Hi Old school, I'd be interested in the board. I sent you a message on Seabreeze.

Hi Darren, board is thru a mate. Pm him at Grich62 he will help you out.

Dag
QLD, 720 posts
22 Apr 2017 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Cool. Cheers.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Race board spares??? Speed SR250L" started by Dag