NSW, 8023 posts
4 Feb 2015 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Mines a 2008 and rides ok in chop.

Ian K
WA, 4049 posts
4 Feb 2015 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

As far as I can work out that's a 2007 Rocket 105 on the left and a 2008 Rocket 115 on the right. I'm guessing in 2007 The folks at Tabou thought "We've got to do something to make them ride a bit easier" But I'm thinking that, as well as concaves, weight, stiffness and centre of percussion also have something to do with it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_percussion

As you get older these things become more important. I'm thinking of dusting off the old Bombora 270 I've got under the veranda and taking it for another spin.

baywavebill
VIC, 266 posts
5 Feb 2015 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ian K said..

Sputnik11 said..

Harrow said..

GazMan said..
Do your Rocket and yourself a favour and try some different fins as it can make a big difference to how the board performs. The std fin on my 2010 Rocket was simply awful! Got some early JP Supersport fins quite cheap and they suit the board really well. For weed, I use a Choco weed freerace which works just fine. Have recently tried a stiff full carbon fin, though found it a bit unforgiving in choppy water compared to JP fins.

Yep, I found the same. The Tabou original was simply dreadful. It was so bad I remember once wondering if it had fallen off. I use a Select Superfoil on mine now.

I have a 2014, I find the standard fine pretty good.

Yes I've tried all sorts of fins in Tabou Rockets. Nothing wrong with the standard ones. Durability though is not the best, the standard fin on the 115 delaminated and split down the middle after a lot of use.

The fin on my brand new Tabou is useless!!!!!!

(Only because it fell out in 10m of water the first time I used it. I didn't tighten it properly)

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Tabou Rocket 105" started by jakesmile