Forums > Windsurfing General

Whats the go round Goolwa???

Created by bubs > 9 months ago, 6 Mar 2008
bubs
SA, 924 posts
6 Mar 2008 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys

Hopefully looking for a sail this LONG weekend (even though winds looking SH**) becasue i would love to try out at least one of my new sails out (by the looks of things it will be the big one). Sunday i think is the go and i'm looking to head to Goolwa for different reasons:
- Usually about 5 degrees cooler down there and its going to be HOT back in town.
- My mate Pittsy is probably heading down and he has got a good place with good air con for base camp . Also be good to get him out on the water and give him a hand.

Anyway just wondering where the best place to sail is. I would usually ovcourse go to the Murray Mouth but i am not sure where the dredger is working there. Is it sailiable because i am hoping to break the 4 knot limit around them lol ??? Would be fine with sailing back the other way to the barrage and would be good to go for a long sail all the way for a bit of a change.

Other option is the South Lake. Does it work??? I havn't sailed there for over a year now and am unsure but would just work up and down the channels. Only disadvantage is the wind is nowhere near as good there so would prefer the Mouth if possible.

Anyway would appriciate your tips. Anyone heading that way on Sunday???

Cheers
Bubs

russh
SA, 3025 posts
6 Mar 2008 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Bubs - Throw in your surfing gear - small swell down south and northerly winds Sat & Sunday - I reckon your better off forgetting about sailing - I'm heading for Whyalla for my daughters swim event - - good chance where gonna bake up there and the sea breeze looks sketchy.

A drive around to Milang might be the option for a bit of arvo breeze.
it looks like it could be an early wind free period for SA - from my short experience it's usually a few weeks in April with nowt but a puff of wind

Good luck

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Whats the go round Goolwa???" started by bubs