Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

Georges River Windsurfing Relay Revolution - 23-Feb-2020

Created by AUS817 > 9 months ago, 8 Oct 2019
AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
8 Oct 2019 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

Calling all Classes - Windsurfer, Raceboard, BIC Techno, Foil and Glide!

Windsurfing NSW has organised an all Class Relay event, the details are as follows :-

Date : 23-Feb-2020
Beach Start : 10am
Finish : 4pm
Teams of 1 person per class
Suggested Classes (one of each of the following) :-

1. Windsurfer (Original/OD/LT)
2. Raceboard
3. BIC Techno (Dave Bell will be getting the youth fleet organised, BIC Techno's will be assigned to each team as needed)
4. Glide (Dave Bell is arranging Glides for each team)
5. Foil (Glen Morrell will be assisting in getting the Foil fleet organised)

Winners are the team with the most number of laps completed in the time period (if equal laps, then first to the beachside changeover point on leading number of laps). Laps will be short to keep the interchange rate rolling over and to keep everyone involved throughout the day.

This is going to require boardspeed, teamwork and tactics like you have never needed before!

So start getting your teams arranged, or if you can't get a full team together contact me (John.doolan@gmail.com) and I can assign you to a team (let me know what class of board you would like to ride). This is going to be a great fun event and a fantastic opportunity to unite all our fleets and showcase our sport to the general public. So come and join in the fun.

The Gosford boys already have a team. Who is coming to challenge us in the event of the Summer???

albymongrel
NSW, 257 posts
9 Oct 2019 6:37AM
Thumbs Up

Lake Macquarie team - maybe we can get a raceboarder and a Foiler from Marmong point, a Windsurfer from Toronto and the first name that comes to mind for techno on the lake is young mr Charlton? Who wants to be a glide pilot? Who's the gun foiler from Marmong? Dave Sorensen, wanna join us?
Al Haynes?
Peter Doolan?
Grant Shultz?
James Farley?
call me if you want to join forces for lake Mac team or if you think we can get two all the better...

jamesf
NSW, 992 posts
9 Oct 2019 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Great initiative, well done to the organisers. I'm sure we can rustle up a Lake Mac team or two. Could we add a Formula class to the mix as well, still plenty around

AUS817
NSW, 391 posts
9 Oct 2019 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear there's some interest, it'll be a fantastic event with the focus on having fun.

Happy to include the Formula guys too. We weren't sure there'd be enough left to fill teams after the switch to Foils.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"Georges River Windsurfing Relay Revolution - 23-Feb-2020" started by AUS817