Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

Kyemagh Photos 13/Nov/2017

Created by berowne > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2017
berowne
NSW, 1279 posts
14 Jan 2017 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

Big crowd out today enjoying the summer NorEaster...

AUS4
NSW, 1253 posts
14 Jan 2017 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the great photos berowne, looks like you had a 10-15 knot filter on your camera?

powersloshin
NSW, 1676 posts
14 Jan 2017 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

I love the one with you taking off with a 7.7 and speed board !!

berowne
NSW, 1279 posts
14 Jan 2017 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

By "taking off" I think you mean submerging!

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
14 Jan 2017 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS4 said..
Thanks for the great photos berowne, looks like you had a 10-15 knot filter on your camera?

Yep, I'm on the blue Neil Pryde sail, that was getting badly out of shape in the middle of the bay in gusts of around 30kts....its a 5.2m !!

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7979 posts
14 Jan 2017 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

It must be hard to gauge what to rig. It looks so sheltered where you start? Same deal with using small boards..
Nice to see another woman sailor.Who's the lady?

Harrow
NSW, 4521 posts
14 Jan 2017 11:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sboardcrazy said..
It must be hard to gauge what to rig. It looks so sheltered where you start? Same deal with using small boards..
Nice to see another woman sailor.Who's the lady?

Judging the wind is not so hard if you sail there regularly, and you can always ask someone who just came in. The bigger problem is guessing how much the NE'er is going to pick up. Sometimes it can go ballistic quite late in the day when you don't expect it.

N1GEL
NSW, 861 posts
15 Jan 2017 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for taking photos Berowne. Good to see there's a couple good ones of you in there. Interesting to see those ones where I was following just behind you.

Sue, I can't remember the lady's name. She's French, so maybe one of Remi's rellos She's really friendly and sails Botany a fair bit on bump'n'jump gear in Southerlies, but not so much in Nor'Easters. She sails really well too.

Harrow's right. The trick with Botany is deciding whether to rig for now or later. Many times it will go from 18-20 to 30+ in about 30 minutes. Some people just go out and then change down (or get blown away), others will stand around all afternoon waiting.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"Kyemagh Photos 13/Nov/2017" started by berowne