Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

NSW Windsurfing Tour Formula & Slalom 2014 - 2015

Created by muz720 > 9 months ago, 16 Aug 2014
muz720
NSW, 81 posts
16 Aug 2014 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

On behalf of Stormriders and Marmong Windsurfing Club's we are pleased to present the 2014 - 2015 NSW Windsurfing Tour for Formula and GPS/Slalom.

New format including some 1 day events.

We look forward to seeing all the regular's and lot's of new entrants for these events at some of the States best locations.

Stay tuned for updates

Search - Windsurfing NSW Tour on facebook.

www.facebook.com/groups/165678660189943/

jamesf
NSW, 992 posts
16 Aug 2014 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the work on the posters Murray.

We also getting some great support from Illawarra Yacht Club Windsurfers, who are helping us out with the Race Crew for the Jervis Bay event.

See you all in a few weeks.

jamesf
NSW, 992 posts
17 Aug 2014 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Just noticed heat 3 of the slalom is meant to be 6th DECEMBER, not 6th November. Going to be a big season! Bring on the nor-easters.

JustinL
NSW, 467 posts
Site Sponsor
20 Aug 2014 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Well done guys this looks like fun. Sailors helping sailors to make some good racing. I am going to try to support it and come along to these events, although I have said that before family kids etc

Really excited about Gerroa, does that align with a wave event?

I will be interested to see how the GPS goes, I think there are a lot of fast guys out there that the previous NSW Formula Tour guys may not know.

Hopefully this program of events will get the different tribes (racing, GPS, wave) interacting more and more guys enjoying competition as 1 day events are a little easier to commit too.

regards Justin

Ads72
NSW, 362 posts
21 Aug 2014 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JustinL said..
Well done guys this looks like fun. Sailors helping sailors to make some good racing. I am going to try to support it and come along to these events, although I have said that before family kids etc

Really excited about Gerroa, does that align with a wave event?

I will be interested to see how the GPS goes, I think there are a lot of fast guys out there that the previous NSW Formula Tour guys may not know.

Hopefully this program of events will get the different tribes (racing, GPS, wave) interacting more and more guys enjoying competition as 1 day events are a little easier to commit too.

regards Justin

Yep Justin, we're running along side the Wave and the SUP guys for this one. The general idea is as you say, to get a bunch of like minded sailors and wave riders together, run our respective comps and have a wk end away to share a few laughs. The GPS Freerace formate is still in discussion, but details to come in the coming weeks, so stay tuned

conan
NSW, 173 posts
22 Aug 2014 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Looks great . Might have to dust off the old wave board for gerroa.

Any ideas on formula nationals , date's & place.

Thanks guys looks great

Ads72
NSW, 362 posts
23 Aug 2014 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
conan said..
Looks great . Might have to dust off the old wave board for gerroa.

Any ideas on formula nationals , date's & place.

Thanks guys looks great

Hi Conan,

Feb 5th-8th is ear marked. Location TBC but working on it this wk end. Good chance we'll be back up north again with Lake Macquarie a serious contender.

Stay tuned, we'll post asap

Ben 555
NSW, 453 posts
23 Aug 2014 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Great news

Speaking selfishly the post holiday suits well

As for the location - how can you go past Hawks Nest

Cluffy
NSW, 414 posts
23 Aug 2014 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

South lakes sailing club might be an ok spot if they were interested. Bryon would know the area very well. It's a little gusty in a NE but no worse than marmong. Putting the course over towards Pulbah would avoid the woolsoncroft wind shadow in a NE breeze just don't go to close to Pulbah. Belmont bay is not the NE mecca it used to be thanks to new buildings in the area. Apparently we are blaming Mayor Jeff Mcloy for that. fine by me. It's a pretty crappy spot in a SE breeze but tell me a spot that isn't (jimmy's beach). The club probably has other titles on as well so you would need to fit in with that. It's also a long from everybody with the possible exception of Byron.

Ads72
NSW, 362 posts
26 Aug 2014 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

The calendar and online payments for the NSW Series is now up and running vie the NSW Windsurfing Tour Website.

tour.windsurfingnsw.com/join/

You can pay for either the Formula or the Slalom/GPS Series separately. The cost for the Formula, a possible 8 race days, is $200 and the cost for the GPS/Slalom, a possible 5 race days, is $100.

Don’t forget, you also need to join your local windsurfing club for your public liability insurance when racing this season.

Ads72
NSW, 362 posts
20 Sep 2014 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ads72 said..
The calendar and online payments for the NSW Series is now up and running vie the NSW Windsurfing Tour Website.

tour.windsurfingnsw.com/join/

You can pay for either the Formula or the Slalom/GPS Series separately. The cost for the Formula, a possible 8 race days, is $200 and the cost for the GPS/Slalom, a possible 5 race days, is $100.

Don’t forget, you also need to join your local windsurfing club for your public liability insurance when racing this season.

Please note the Notice of Race for the 2014/15 NSW Series. Sailing Instructions to follow in the coming days.

Hawks Nest just 2 weeks away so if you still need to join your local club and pay for the Series, no better time than the present!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"NSW Windsurfing Tour Formula & Slalom 2014 - 2015" started by muz720