tonyk
QLD, 540 posts
4 Feb 2020 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Alewi62 said..
Entries are live. Go to Windwanderers website to find the entry page

www.windwanderers.org.au/

Thanks for that
I had not picked up with my limited pc skills that I had open the events tab at the top to find the ticket purchase button
Instead I was going the 2020 windfest info tab also at the top
All sorted now
See you there
cheers
tony

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
16 Feb 2020 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

Some pictures of other Burrum Windfest events.
Get your early bird entry in at www.windwanderers.org.au

Tardy
5010 posts
17 Feb 2020 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

looks great ,I'm locked in for the funfest ,

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
26 Feb 2020 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

Is there a public list to view competitors and numbers, had few people ask

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
26 Feb 2020 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

Well im a title holder for sure.
Any award for Epic catapults?
Im in!

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
26 Feb 2020 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TRIMMER said..

The entries don't show on the website. If there are any queries about entries please contact us through our website www.windwanderers.org.au/

AUS4
NSW, 1254 posts
27 Feb 2020 5:48AM
Thumbs Up

Can you please list entries on the website .

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
28 Feb 2020 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WindWanderers said..

TRIMMER said..

The entries don't show on the website. If there are any queries about entries please contact us through our website www.windwanderers.org.au/

Have done waiting for your response

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
29 Feb 2020 6:41AM
Thumbs Up

Dylan72
QLD, 633 posts
29 Feb 2020 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS4 said..
Can you please list entries on the website .

Just to provide some context on this.

I'm not involved in the administration of this event, but I have been in the past. This year KA72 is doing results only (like last year.) In the past we used to do the entry forms too, which gave us a lot of control over making a list of entrants visible, as entrants joined via ka72.com and paid their entry fees there, which we then transferred to the club.

Currently the club is taking entry fees via their own website which saves a lot of administrative burden, but does mean that the kind of live entrants list that we could provide when we were doing it the old way is not available. Maybe TidyClub has changed since I last looked, but it was impossible in the past to display a list of people that had joined an event somewhere on the website. That was a technical limitation of the software.

So this becomes a manual job to maintain and display for the club executive (which I am not one of, by the way.) I don't want to comment on how hard or easy it might be to maintain that list manually, or what information should be on it, but I do want to emphasise that ka72 is not responsible for maintaining any lists of competitors prior to the event itself these days, and I have no access to that information at present.

(From memory, the only way the club website can provide a list of entrants for an event is via some kind of exported pdf file, which is a terribly unfriendly format to try and manage and expose on the web in a timely way. Again, that may have changed since I last looked, but it was always a problem.)

Hope that clarifies some of the technical realities. I know it's not an answer, but I think it helps understand why there may be some pushback. By the way, I think publishing a list of entrants is an excellent idea, and I would encourage the club to do it, as I feel it drives participation in the event, and not publishing it dampens enthusiasm. But since I'm not running the event, all I can do is have an opinion. :)

Dylan72
QLD, 633 posts
29 Feb 2020 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Kellie has gathered some details of entrants from the WindWanderers website and posted them to the official results page for the event at www.windfest.info/Results/2020.aspx

She tells me she will periodically check for new entries and update the list, but don't expect it to be 100% up to date.

While you're there, take a look at the results and photos from past years.

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
29 Feb 2020 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
29 Feb 2020 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dylan72 said..
Kellie has gathered some details of entrants from the WindWanderers website and posted them to the official results page for the event at www.windfest.info/Results/2020.aspx

She tells me she will periodically check for new entries and update the list, but don't expect it to be 100% up to date.

While you're there, take a look at the results and photos from past years.

Thankyou

Dylan72
QLD, 633 posts
29 Feb 2020 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

If you spot someone missing from the list send a dm to kellie. Where people paid for more than one person in a transaction she might have missed them from the list.

TRIMMER
QLD, 213 posts
6 Mar 2020 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
14 Mar 2020 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Ive never sailed or been to Burrum. Hows the forecast looking for the comp?

snorkel962
QLD, 456 posts
14 Mar 2020 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

If anyone is looking for a house I have had to cancel coming ( work) so Moonshadow right on the waterfront is back up for rent. Elders Burrum heads are the booking folk. I've rented it before for Windfest and it was awesome. Sad I can't get down but just now I can't get away. Next year!!

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
15 Mar 2020 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

At this stage the Surf FX Burrum Windfest is going ahead as scheduled but we will be guided by government directives.
Hopefully no new directives affecting our event will be issued in the coming week

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
15 Mar 2020 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

40 people playing on the water with no contact? I'm sure we'll be fine. So long as the sausage chef washes his hands.

snorkel962
QLD, 456 posts
15 Mar 2020 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Can't think of anywhere better than Burrum to be that week! Oh well next year

olskool
QLD, 2446 posts
16 Mar 2020 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

So ive had a mate cancel for Burrum comp due to Corona international restrictions. Ive got a room to rent at KENDI house right on the waterfront. Just PM me if you are interested.
Darkman.

snorkel962
QLD, 456 posts
16 Mar 2020 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snorkel692 said..
If anyone is looking for a house I have had to cancel coming ( work) so Moonshadow right on the waterfront is back up for rent. Elders Burrum heads are the booking folk. I've rented it before for Windfest and it was awesome. Sad I can't get down but just now I can't get away. Next year!!

It's rented out ( I hope to a windsurfer) and the real estate people are even refunding the deposit! Nice work Elders Burrum Heads. Fingers crossed to actually get to the event 2021!!

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
19 Mar 2020 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Anybody able to bring a board back from burrum for me - impulse buy
severne fox

northside Brisbane or down at manly regularly

cheers Jeff
pm and we can sort out details??

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
19 Mar 2020 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

The event is going ahead.

It has been a bit of an agonizing decision -damned if we do damned if we don't.

We have not received any directives from AWA or WQ saying not to go ahead and the event falls within the government guidelines.

Please go to windwanderers.org.au/ for social distancing measures. We originally had 40 entrants about 10 that we know of have pulled out. The NSW and TAS crew are on their way.

SurfFX are still on board with the prizes.

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
19 Mar 2020 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yah ! Good to hear. My accommodation is booked and paid for so I was going to be there regardless. I assume most people would be in the same scenario. I'll be there Sunday as the flat I booked (San Marco 3) was unavailable till then. (I would have come up Saturday and slept in the van but there's no wind that day anyway by the looks?).Looking forward to having a sail and a beer with the Burrum crew.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"2020 Surf FX burrum windfest 21st - 27th March" started by WindWanderers