Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

WindWanderers Come & Try Social Day 14th Feb 2016

Created by WindWanderers > 9 months ago, 19 Jan 2016
WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
19 Jan 2016 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Hi WindWanderers,

I hope you have enjoyed the Christmas break and holiday season. We had some excellent winds at the right times so I know allot of you managed to make it out windsurfing and achieve some good progress on speed and skills.

The next club social day is due to be scheduled and is being extended to friends, family and the boarder community to allow them the opportunity to come and try Windsurfing. We have partnered with the Lake Cootharaba sailiing club and have access to utilize there equipment for the day. We have equipment which will suit ages form 4 upwards.

As per our other social days we will have the coffee and tea in the morning and then a BBQ lunch around 1pm. If you are interested in helping to assist people learning or think you may want to come and try please contract the president of the club so we can get the most out of the day.

Click the link - www.windwanderers.org.au/

Cheers WindWanderers

JonesySail
QLD, 1083 posts
19 Jan 2016 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Valentine's Day! Better purchase a double bunch of flowers to swing that leave pass!

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
1 Feb 2016 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Wind Wanderers, is this day still on the calender ?

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
3 Feb 2016 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

This day still on the Calendar. It was an oversight by the President that it clashed with the Club One Design calendar day. So apologies for this.

We have been contacted by a numhber of people interested in attending this day and are looking forward to meeting people keen to give windsurfing a try or benefit from some further tips.

Cheers

WindWnaderers

tonymatta
QLD, 358 posts
3 Feb 2016 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

One design sailors are welcome to come and join LCSC club racing if you come up to the lake that day.

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
12 Feb 2016 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Folks,

We will be set up in front of the Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club on Sunday morning from 10am.

Any queries from people coming along interested in trying windsurfing or just coming along to meet the windwanderers can be sent to president@windwanderers.org.au

Thanks and see you there.

drogue
QLD, 2 posts
15 Feb 2016 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

To Windwanderers - thank you for introducing the wind to my surfing son, he is still talking about the day and the start of his windsurfing journey. Youtube coped a beating last night! I have tried to introduce both offspring to windsurfing without success so well done Jonesy/Bryn and Chris. Thanks to Anne/Greg for the lend of the sail. Just up to me now to stoke the passion. Again many thanks.

JazzyandJase
QLD, 92 posts
16 Feb 2016 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks again for a great day. A few photos, Lissadel is 7, never sailed before and got going. After a big session of learning was stoked to go for a run with me.

WindWanderers
QLD, 354 posts
26 Feb 2016 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the positive feedback Drouge and Jason.

We hope and plan to do another day this season so stay tuned for this.

We would also like to thank Lake Cootharaba Sailing Club for partnering with WindWanderers to make this all happen.

Cheers

WindWanderers

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"WindWanderers Come & Try Social Day 14th Feb 2016" started by WindWanderers