Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Windsurfing + 2014 Pan Pacific Masters Games

Created by Scotf > 9 months ago, 4 Feb 2014
Scotf
QLD, 1241 posts
4 Feb 2014 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Great news with Windsurfing securing a position in the 2014 Pan Pacific Masters Games being held on the Gold Coast this November.

All of the details are on the flyer and I am sure he will be able to fill in details like what category of boards are to be applicable in what disciplines but from our initial conversations it will be course racing of some description.

David has asked that if anyone has any HIGH RES images of people course racing in a group or individual setting that they get hold of him so he may use them in the promotional materials.

His email is david.l@121creative.com.au

jusavina
QLD, 1460 posts
4 Feb 2014 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

I know it's "Masters games" but could they stop choosing dates just before or during the university exams?!

Scotf
QLD, 1241 posts
4 Feb 2014 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Ha, it's lucky I didn't windsurf when I went to uni or I would still be there...

Jas71
QLD, 384 posts
4 Feb 2014 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

So course boards are fine.

brynoz
QLD, 177 posts
4 Feb 2014 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Great News. Thanks Scott. I have HRes shots from last years state titles that will email.

handyman0708
QLD, 152 posts
4 Feb 2014 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

I believe the plan is to run this out on the Gold Coast Broad Water- care with water depth and fin length. Familiarity with venue is a must to have a chance.

gregwed
QLD, 555 posts
5 Feb 2014 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Being a bit naive, but what type of board do they use, where can I see a race to see what happens and if I am interested. Are they the races they have at Lake Cootharaba and also at Paradise Point?
I know probably not possible for this event due to lack of race skills and maybe equipment, but you never know about the future...
Thanks

Scotf
QLD, 1241 posts
5 Feb 2014 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

I haven't got the finer details off David as yet so I'll ask if he can post and fill in those gaps for you gregwed

da vecta
QLD, 2512 posts
5 Feb 2014 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

I am of thinking that you can enter with any board. Raceboard, RSX, Formula or even slalom! Does anyone know if this is correct?

qldnacra
QLD, 455 posts
5 Feb 2014 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

The Pan Pacs are pretty laid back. I entered the Enduro race (motorcycle) a few years ago and there was no rules about equipment, you could use whatever bike you wanted. I imagine it would be a pretty similar deal with the windsurfing. I would think it would be race what you bring. You used to have to enter in advance too so I don't think you could have a look and then decide to go in it.

Scotf
QLD, 1241 posts
7 Feb 2014 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

David is finalising the specifics this weekend and will post these as soon as they are locked down but it will be a course racing format rather than slalom, which is a little more difficult to manage in that environment.

121creative
QLD, 1 posts
8 Feb 2014 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,
At a Sailing Committee meeting last night we covered the requirements for the Pan Pacific Masters Games windsurfing.

There will be set courses on the Broadwater to be determined closer to the event.

This will be an open event so all types of boards can be entered. We will have updated info on our website ppscgc.com as we get closer to the registrations opening in May. There will be a maximum sail size of 9.5m and board size of 3.85m. When registering for the event a maximum of 2 sails can be registered.

I will keep you informed on further updates or please like us on Facebook or check our website.

www.facebook.com/pages/Paradise-Point-Sailing-Club-Gold-Coast/623202364384574?ref=hl

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
18 Mar 2014 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

We will try and get down there give our support to the windsurfers

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Windsurfing + 2014 Pan Pacific Masters Games" started by Scotf