Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Windsurfing Video Victoria Point 12/6/16

Created by MartinF2 > 9 months ago, 18 Jun 2016
MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
18 Jun 2016 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys here is a quick video of my less than successful day at Viccy Point. Rigged way too small so this is about the only run I had. Was good to try out the new board however. Catch you all next time.

Cheers
Marty

Dwbh
QLD, 829 posts
18 Jun 2016 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Great Video Martin - Board looks the part

Cheers
Morgan

MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
18 Jun 2016 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Morgan. Missed you and Jaye out there. Hope we catch up soon.
Cheers
Marty

Orange Whip
QLD, 1044 posts
18 Jun 2016 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for sharing. Not familar with location, it's so flat, is that on or offshore wind?

MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
19 Jun 2016 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

It's onshore in the video and South East wind direction is square to shore. It's not known for flat water by any means and is actually a Bump and Jump place. The video was as the wind was just starting and incoming tide across the shallows. That is as smooth as it gets. I was also using a small weed fin to allow running into the shallows where it was smoother (and risky as my last video shows). It's a fairly safe place to go when the wind is from the south.

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
19 Jun 2016 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Always end on a high note hey... Nice little clip Marty. So why / how did you self eject at the end?

F2
QLD, 209 posts
19 Jun 2016 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Martin, great video.

whitsun
QLD, 95 posts
19 Jun 2016 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Great vid Marty!

I wouldn't be too disappointed with that one run, I've had worse!

Will have to venture down to Victoria Point one day, Looks good.

MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
19 Jun 2016 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PhilSWR said..
Always end on a high note hey... Nice little clip Marty. So why / how did you self eject at the end?

Haha. Thanks Phil. Have no idea what happened. Bit unusual. Not sure if I hit a branch or submerged stick. Saw some floating and under the surface when out further earlier on. No damage to report except some brown water up the snoz. Hope the new board is what I've been searching for.

MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
19 Jun 2016 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
F2 said..
Well done Martin, great video.

Hiya Geoff. Wasn't much of a day but better than nothing. Looking forward to using this board more often. Reminds me more of our good old F2 boards of the 90's. Hope the hip isn't giving you too much trouble.
PS. I've been meaning to message you about the EVO8's. I'll talk more soon with you.
Cheers
Marty

MartinF2
QLD, 484 posts
19 Jun 2016 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
whitsun said..
Great vid Marty!

I wouldn't be too disappointed with that one run, I've had worse!

Will have to venture down to Victoria Point one day, Looks good.

Thanks whitsun. Is a great spot in any breeze south east. Just not low tide. Plenty of kiters too but everyone gets along.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Windsurfing Video Victoria Point 12/6/16" started by MartinF2