Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2015 KA KONCEPTS

Created by Alewi62 > 9 months ago, 6 Nov 2014
AJEaster
NSW, 696 posts
1 Dec 2014 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Here is another angle of a 7.9 Race for Mr.Fanatic02. Haven't sailed it yet, just a very quick rigging to have a look at them and get some stretch going on. When I get a bigger window of time I will tune everything properly. Compared to the 2014s, besides the new material and look, the leech seems to be looser on similar downhaul settings although this could be an optical thing due to the new lighter weight material up top, and the luff pocket is wider. Low down draft looks deep and powerful and the top is flat and slick. Will do a review once I get them on the water

mr love
VIC, 2352 posts
1 Dec 2014 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Thats Max downhaul, would back it off a touch. Got a bit more kevlar internally this year so has less stretch down the leading edge so a touch less downhaul required .

Trousers
SA, 565 posts
8 Dec 2014 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sailquik said..

So Sailquik, in the shots looking along the length of the luff seems there a lack of tension on the luff tube around the boom. Maybe they smooth out under load, but I was always under the impression that the foil entry should be drum tight. Happy to be re-educated.

choco
SA, 4032 posts
8 Dec 2014 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Trousers said..

sailquik said..

So Sailquik, in the shots looking along the length of the luff seems there a lack of tension on the luff tube around the boom. Maybe they smooth out under load, but I was always under the impression that the foil entry should be drum tight. Happy to be re-educated.

He's just got bad eyesight you get that when your really really old I think you'll find it was a quick first rig with no adjustments.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 KA KONCEPTS" started by Alewi62