496 posts
30 Aug 2018 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Nice :)

eckas
NSW, 323 posts
31 Aug 2018 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Can't wait to hear the report-back on them. Impressed with how quickly you have stickered them up Rick!

Rodskeg
NSW, 103 posts
31 Aug 2018 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

look good Rick, hows the ribs?

ka43
NSW, 3065 posts
31 Aug 2018 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hes got nothing else to do Mark!!
They look great.

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
31 Aug 2018 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rodskeg said..
look good Rick, hows the ribs?

Windsurfing is possible but no SUP.
Probably another 4 weeks till 100%.
Thanks for asking.

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
1 Sep 2018 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Nice little feature.

joe windsurf
1480 posts
1 Sep 2018 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

looks like Ezzy

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
1 Sep 2018 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

fanatic02
NSW, 300 posts
1 Sep 2018 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Hopefully a new GPS to go with them . They do look the goods though . Superb colors .

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
8 Sep 2018 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

This sail gives huge forward thrust and speed at the start and finish of the gybe. The main feature is that this acceleration does not kick in all of a sudden which would use a lot of effort to absorb. Instead, the forward pull is much more controlled and without effort. eg. Sudden bangs of cambers popping over can shake the wind out of a sail causing you to lose exceleration.
A great new feature is a viewing window at the tack of the sail were you can place this little trim patch so that you can save your own optimum trim position which saves heaps of time.
Again like last year there are 3 different luff pocket materials to cater for different wind ranges and conditions.
4.7 5.4 Standard
6.2 Dacron
7.0 7.7 8.4 9.0 9.4 Light scrim and sticky back

tryharder
SA, 100 posts
8 Sep 2018 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Can't actually see the point of the trim patch and window, surely you just set the extension to the length you want then downhaul to the bottom, or stop a cm short if the winds light?

sails do look nice but that a believe is a useless gimmick

AUS4
NSW, 1251 posts
8 Sep 2018 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tryharder said..
Can't actually see the point of the trim patch and window, surely you just set the extension to the length you want then downhaul to the bottom, or stop a cm short if the winds light?

Sails stretch.
I've been using a mark at the boom area on my mast and lining it up with a mark on the luff pocket for years, this is called fine tuning.

Of coarse you don't have to use it if you don't want to but its there if you do.

Imax1
QLD, 4621 posts
8 Sep 2018 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tryharder said..

I always rig using the visual crease line method , halfway across for light wind three quarters across for heavy wind .Like the top vts dots on older North sails. New NP V8 now have them . Before that I placed a small sticker where the sail felt easiest to use , then went up or down depending on wind . I've found that printed down haul numbers can be all over the place . This way I'm visually seeing profile change and understanding what the sail is doing rather than relying on numbers .

mark62
496 posts
9 Sep 2018 3:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AUS4 said.. Great idea. On my Warps, When I find a nice setting, I always write the extension length and boom length on the sail (near the tack strap). Think I'll also start adding a mark on the mast too. Cheers

tryharder said..

Sails stretch.
I've been using a mark at the boom area on my mast and lining it up with a mark on the luff pocket for years, this is called fine tuning.

Of coarse you don't have to use it if you don't want to but its there if you do.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2019 Duotone Warp" started by AUS4