Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

JP - Oz 2020 release

Created by Nerdburger > 9 months ago, 5 Aug 2019
Nerdburger
NSW, 311 posts
6 Aug 2019 12:05AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone know when JP release info and updates web site for 2020 kit ? I know there taking orders atm, but keen to check out possible new toys both sup and wave boards ?

Al1
51 posts
7 Aug 2019 6:19AM
Thumbs Up

I only know the Freestyle Wave remains unchanged for its 3rd season, these shapes have been successful and won many magazine tests so no reason to change them. I can understand that, I have the 94 and it's one of my favourite toy.

Maybe the Ultimate Wave is unchanged as well but not sure.
Maybe the Slate will get a revamp since the previous shape is 2 seasons old..., but really not sure as well, just personal speculation. It may just as well remain unchanged, or even disappear from the catalog just like the Quatro Supermini.

What I know is apparently all tuttle box and Power box boards will be Foil compatible in 2020.
Including the Freestyle Wave and Freestyle Pro.
New graphics are pretty cool imo.

Nerdburger
NSW, 311 posts
7 Aug 2019 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I've ordered 2020 JP 94 ultimate to go with my 102, same shape I believe, new graffix's, double screws for all foot straps which is solid addition.
Wave slate the same, new graffix's, un aware of the rest of the range. Surprising that so many other brands, starboard, fanatic, Goya/Quatro have all released and JP still to go, anyone know when ?

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
7 Aug 2019 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Surfkeppler.de has some 2020 gear listed. No NP & JP. They seem to get the new kit online quite fast. Just not yet.

Al1
51 posts
20 Aug 2019 5:24AM
Thumbs Up

A shop in Britany France has the entire 2020 lineup listed, lots of cool purple with some touch of sky blue and orange, but zero new shapes in the freestyle, wave or freewave categories. New foil box on the freestyle pro.
New Supersport , Freeride and Slalom shapes, and that's about it.

www.side-shore.com/Marques/303/jp-australia

Nerdburger
NSW, 311 posts
5 Sep 2019 6:16AM
Thumbs Up

New JP-Australia, windsurf 2020 is now online. Website has improved considerably, colours look good on the screen, I can't wait to see them in the flesh ??

Brent in Qld
WA, 1069 posts
5 Sep 2019 4:37AM
Thumbs Up

jp-australia.com/jp-windsurf/boards/

Al1
51 posts
9 Sep 2019 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

just saw a 2020 freestylewave 86 in the shop , they are really sexy in the flesh, even better looking than on photographs, mmmm

my7thlife
58 posts
10 Sep 2019 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

I kinda like the new graphics but looking at these purples and burgundies for more than 10 minutes my eyes start to hurt...

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
10 Sep 2019 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Could AA be a JP rider now? Hes on JP boards in all the photos where as last year he was on RRD with the NP sails plugged in, might have to wait for the new NP site to come live,,,,

my7thlife
58 posts
10 Sep 2019 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BSN101 said..
Could AA be a JP rider now? Hes on JP boards in all the photos where as last year he was on RRD with the NP sails plugged in, might have to wait for the new NP site to come live,,,,

Yes, he 's been a JP rider for some time now...

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
10 Sep 2019 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
my7thlife said..

BSN101 said..

Yes, he 's been a JP rider for some time now...

He is on RRD in the 2019 NP site. EVO 11 & Flight sails. This must be new!

Maddlad
WA, 874 posts
11 Sep 2019 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a big JP boards and NP sails fan, as most of my gear is those brands, but I'm not keen on the new colours for this years products. It's like someone's mum or wife has said they should use these colours.. they don't look exciting or cool to me.

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
11 Sep 2019 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
I'm a big JP boards and NP sails fan, as most of my gear is those brands, but I'm not keen on the new colours for this years products. It's like someone's mum or wife has said they should use these colours.. they don't look exciting or cool to me.

Mad, where have you seen pix?

Maddlad
WA, 874 posts
11 Sep 2019 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

Brent In QLD posted the link mate

jp-australia.com/windsurfing/boards/

:)

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
12 Sep 2019 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..

BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

Yeah I saw those shots but want more! Come on NP!

my7thlife
58 posts
12 Sep 2019 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

On facebook NP mentioned the new site will be up in 4 days time

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
12 Sep 2019 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
my7thlife said..

BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

Cool

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
16 Sep 2019 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
my7thlife said..

BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

BSN101 said..

Maddlad said..

Shall I stay up late just to see them or wait another day?

Orange Whip
QLD, 1044 posts
16 Sep 2019 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

NP site will be back online "4:30 CET today." WTF does CET mean?

Maddlad
WA, 874 posts
16 Sep 2019 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

CET = Central European Time?

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
16 Sep 2019 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

After midnight.

my7thlife
58 posts
16 Sep 2019 11:20PM
Thumbs Up

Should be up any moment now... Cash in hand people!...

Orange Whip
QLD, 1044 posts
17 Sep 2019 6:13AM
Thumbs Up

Bummer, I was looking forward to the booms going burgundy to match the boards and sails, but no change

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
17 Sep 2019 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

No videos! JP & NP saving $s!

westozwind
WA, 1395 posts
17 Sep 2019 11:52AM
Thumbs Up

Reg just posted that the got a shipment of 2020 JP & Tabou boards @ Windsurfing Perth today.

Orange Whip
QLD, 1044 posts
17 Sep 2019 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BSN101 said..

There's a vid on there now mate

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
19 Sep 2019 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Orange Whip said..

BSN101 said..

There's a vid on there now mate

No individual sail promo clips from NP & JP. saving production $s.

Nerdburger
NSW, 311 posts
24 Sep 2019 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

New 94 L ultimate, turned up today. New straps and double screws are awesome, graffix's look sensational in the sun. Loving my 102 L ultimate, can wait to put this one through its paces

BSN101
WA, 2299 posts
24 Sep 2019 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nerdburger said..
New 94 L ultimate, turned up today. New straps and double screws are awesome, graffix's look sensational in the sun. Loving my 102 L ultimate, can wait to put this one through its paces

The Bomb!

JakeNN
362 posts
25 Sep 2019 5:35AM
Thumbs Up

Very nice!

What price did you pay?

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"JP - Oz 2020 release" started by Nerdburger