Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Jp Super Sport 113

Created by Jman > 9 months ago, 12 May 2018
Jman
VIC, 873 posts
12 May 2018 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Managed to have a bit of a session on my new Super Sport today.
This is the 2018 pro edition 113L and it replaces my 2013 112L Super Sport.
As usual the board is well finished and now they have changed to tuttle box to keep all the potential foilers out there happy.
I'm 76 kg so this will be my big board for Port Phillip bay and will use a 7m or 5.8 uncambered sails.
I started using the Tribal weedies last season so decided to go with a 33cm for the new board as well.
So 1st impression was that it planed up nice and early as you would expect and it sort of felt it sat a bit higher than my old board on the water, the Jp straps and deck pads felt really comfy in the chop and that slightly higher water line made it handle the conditions quite well.
The Supersports have always had a lively feel on the water and this board is much the same.
As for gybing its a couple of cm wider than my old board but once dialed in I didnt really notice much difference.
I reckon the Super Sport is a great choice if you dont want the full on slalom beast as well as having a good sail range.

mr love
VIC, 2345 posts
12 May 2018 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

It Looked good Jerry. What was your 2 second peak in the end?...bloody hard to go fast in that mess today.

LeeD
3939 posts
13 May 2018 12:23AM
Thumbs Up

Looking forwards to more reviews. I have the 2012 version, and like it much better than my wider 2010 Futura 111.

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
13 May 2018 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mr love said..
It Looked good Jerry. What was your 2 second peak in the end?...bloody hard to go fast in that mess today.

Only 24 knots yesterday.

mr love
VIC, 2345 posts
13 May 2018 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

Yep...was hard to go fast, I kept getting airborne coming in and was afraid of going over the front. Had a 27.5, think it was on my first run.
The board looks very nice, combined with your 7.0 you will be sailing in a sparrows fart!!!

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
29 Oct 2018 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Seabreezes have started to kick in Melbourne so was finally able to have a decent sail of the 2018 Supersport.
Yesterday was a perfect test day with a lightish seabreeze to start with of around the 15 knots, went out with the stock 40 cm JP fin and 7m and found the combo was perfect though I was not planing through the gybes as I would of liked.

Anyway the wind did pick up to a solid 20 which for me is the top end on the bay that I would use the board.
At this point I was starting to feel a bit overdone at times so swapped to the 33 weedspeed and found it made a fair bit of difference with gybing and control, so that will be my go to fin when its 18 plus I reckon.

The video is with the stock Jp fin.

Orange Whip
QLD, 1044 posts
29 Oct 2018 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

I enjoyed your vid. Board certainly seems to handle well.

What is your 7m, make, model? And what is the 5.8 you use with that board?

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
29 Oct 2018 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Orange Whip said..
I enjoyed your vid. Board certainly seems to handle well.

What is your 7m, make, model? And what is the 5.8 you use with that board?

7m Ezzy Cheetah and 5.8 Ezzy Tiger

BSN101
WA, 2283 posts
29 Oct 2018 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Don't know how I missed this review!?!?

I have a pair of 2017 101 & 125 SuperSports.

I will post something a little more a bit later. Mine look like the same shape just old paint.
Very happy with them after coming of JP Slalom 66 & 78 or 108 & 123 litre. Great speeds from both in less than favourable conditions.

More soon after a home sesh on the 125.

Maddlad
WA, 858 posts
30 Oct 2018 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking board mate, but then I'm a big JP fan. :)

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
30 Oct 2018 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
Nice looking board mate, but then I'm a big JP fan. :)

Yeah me too after trying a few boards over the last few trips to Maui have decided to stick with Jp.

mr love
VIC, 2345 posts
30 Oct 2018 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

You haven't ridden the Masterblaster yet

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
30 Oct 2018 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mr love said..
You haven't ridden the Masterblaster yet

True!!

antoinnebirog
5 posts
23 Nov 2018 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jman said..
Managed to have a bit of a session on my new Super Sport today.
This is the 2018 pro edition 113L and it replaces my 2013 112L Super Sport.
As usual the board is well finished and now they have changed to tuttle box to keep all the potential foilers out there happy.
I'm 76 kg so this will be my big board for Port Phillip bay and will use a 7m or 5.8 uncambered sails.
I started using the Tribal weedies last season so decided to go with a 33cm for the new board as well.
So 1st impression was that it planed up nice and early as you would expect and it sort of felt it sat a bit higher than my old board on the water, the Jp straps and deck pads felt really comfy in the chop and that slightly higher water line made it handle the conditions quite well.
The Supersports have always had a lively feel on the water and this board is much the same.
As for gybing its a couple of cm wider than my old board but once dialed in I didnt really notice much difference.
I reckon the Super Sport is a great choice if you dont want the full on slalom beast as well as having a good sail range.

audacity.onl/ origin.onl/

I kept getting airborne coming in and was afraid of going over the front. Had a 27.5, think it was on my first run.
The board looks very nice, combined with your 7.0 you will be sailing in a sparrows fart!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Jp Super Sport 113" started by Jman