14 Oct 2011 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

Bender said...

cant wait to get my Reflex III's

helped to rig one yesterday, look nice

yeh i recon i'll get one too bender
so choco whats new on the 3's up close
can't see much in the way of changes on the pics besides some minor panel movment

Reflex Films
WA, 1446 posts
14 Oct 2011 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

didnt think there were any Reflex 3s in aus yet - in fact they dont appear until dec 15 ...

maybe there are some magic protos kicking around?

Demand vs Supply on these is going to be VERY TIGHT -unfortunately i dont believe you will have any success just walking into a shop and being able to buy off the shelf.

So if you are looking at getting on one of these designs - i would order via your local Severne dealer to avoid disappointment

choco
SA, 4034 posts
14 Oct 2011 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Reflex Films said...

didnt think there were any Reflex 3s in aus yet - in fact they dont appear until dec 15 ...

maybe there are some magic protos kicking around?

Demand vs Supply on these is going to be VERY TIGHT -unfortunately i dont believe you will have any success just walking into a shop and being able to buy off the shelf.

So if you are looking at getting on one of these designs - i would order via your local Severne dealer to avoid disappointment

Proto 7m(mates changed to severne), got some pics but not sure if they would be happy uploading them,
first time I've ever seen a Severne race sail( or any severne sail to be exact)so don't know what has changed on the sail.

CJW
NSW, 1718 posts
14 Oct 2011 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

I changed to Severne last season and couldn't be happier with the sails but actually getting hold of them, what a clusterf*#@. Case in point, there's a Severne advertisement 2 posts above this which says "new SWAT - in store now" really? Could have fooled me. I tried to order one about a week ago to met with "we might be lucky and be able to get one November, otherwise it's Feburary" wtf... I ordered an S1 months ago and only got it recently, fair enough though as there is an obvious lead time with new season gear, however once the new season stuff arrives you'd expect to be able to get it fairly readily...doesn't seem to be the case. Not everyone has the chance to order a whole ****load of gear 6 months in advance to be prepared for the upcoming season, sometimes things break and you need to order a sail here, part there etc. So what's the go? Don't order months ahead you're s*#@ out of luck? Doesn't seem to help anyway...i've had an Enigma boom on order for months, seems to be living up to its name. I've come across no other company who seems to be at pains to avoid taking your money....

I realise Australia probably isn't a huge market but is it that small that there is no place to hold what seems to be any extra stock than pre ordered?

Awesome gear, distribution....frustrating.

Ben Severne
WA, 194 posts
14 Oct 2011 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

CJW said...

I changed to Severne last season and couldn't be happier with the sails but actually getting hold of them, what a clusterf*#@. Case in point, there's a Severne advertisement 2 posts above this which says "new SWAT - in store now" really? Could have fooled me. I tried to order one about a week ago to met with "we might be lucky and be able to get one November, otherwise it's Feburary" wtf... I ordered an S1 months ago and only got it recently, fair enough though as there is an obvious lead time with new season gear, however once the new season stuff arrives you'd expect to be able to get it fairly readily...doesn't seem to be the case. Not everyone has the chance to order a whole ****load of gear 6 months in advance to be prepared for the upcoming season, sometimes things break and you need to order a sail here, part there etc. So what's the go? Don't order months ahead you're s*#@ out of luck? Doesn't seem to help anyway...i've had an Enigma boom on order for months, seems to be living up to its name. I've come across no other company who seems to be at pains to avoid taking your money....

I realise Australia probably isn't a huge market but is it that small that there is no place to hold what seems to be any extra stock than pre ordered?

Awesome gear, distribution....frustrating.

Maybe get your local shop to re-check availability - we've had SWAT's in stock for a while. I think a lot of shops have been going through them pretty quick, but most have been re-stocking straight away.

S-1's (or other models) aren't brought in during the off-season, so availability is dependent on having some left over. Again, these are now available in most shops.

Enigma booms ARE a problem. Demand on this product has increased over 1000%, and we just can't produce them quick enough. They are hand-made booms and training people to build them to spec is going to take some time.
RedLine carbon booms are available, and whilst not quite as light or as small diameter as the Enigma, are still lighter and skinnier than most other booms on the market.

Sorry to hear about your frustration - I'll talk to the guys and see what we can do to improve. We'll also see what we can do to get more stock into your retailer so they can better supply demand.

swoosh
QLD, 1927 posts
14 Oct 2011 11:50PM
Thumbs Up

I gotta echo cjw's sentiments on this one. Thou luckily there has been bugger all wind up here so I've not been as bothered.

I got told at the end of august that my 5.7 swat would only be a week away, come start of october still no sign of it. I've since decided to get a 5.6 s1 instead, hope it arrives soon! Looking to get a redline mast and enigma boom as well. Thou at this rate I might be waiting for 2013 gear!

I'm pretty much the only person i've seen sailing severne kit (especially compared to north/np) up here so understandable that maybe the market over here isn't huge. But it is seriously dragging, especially seeing everyone posting up the past month about their new severne kit.

Anyway, its great to see Ben respond, hopefully the distribution side of things gets sorted soon. It's awesome kit i just hate waiting for it. Doesn't hurt that its significantly cheaper then all the other mainstream "premium" brands out there.

Marvin
WA, 725 posts
15 Oct 2011 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

If I was in retail atm, I'd be very careful with stock control given the uncertain times we live in. Retail is in the doldrums, isn't it?

So, I'd only be servicing firm orders, forward. That way I wouldn't get caught holding massive unsold inventory if the PIIGS implode.

bc
QLD, 701 posts
15 Oct 2011 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Its hard for us, (board crazy brisbane) We have to indent 80% of our stock. It is crystal ball stuff. will we sell this brand over that brand what booms, masts are the go for the new season, its a nightmare. Then the wind dosent blow , you cant cancel the orders becuase you have a lead time of over two months !!!!!

swoosh
QLD, 1927 posts
22 Oct 2011 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Well, finally got my 4.2, but the 5.7swat/5.6s1 i've been waiting for 2 months for still is nowhere to be found. Starting to transition from previous happy to wait mood, to wtf where is my gear dudes?

Are severne trying to push the gear cycle back so that people don't get 2012 gear till 2012? (yeah hilarious). Apparently all the dudes who are involved are active members of this forum, hopefully they see this and realise they need to lift their game.

marvin: its nothing to do with holding stock, all this is kit that i've committed to pay for.

Marvin
WA, 725 posts
22 Oct 2011 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

I hear your pain Swoosh. Must be very frustrating.

I am sure they want to take your money, just finding it difficult to effect delivery.

Not sure, but the supply issue might just cascade up the chain right back from the retailer?

Like, if I was a supplier of E=mc2 speed of light sail material (whatever) I'd be careful I wasn't holding too much stock of that, and so on....

There's buckets of business uncertainty out there, which peaked again about a month ago. And we ain't finished yet.

Lets hope all our local innovators survive the current downturn in Europe. I do hope they are being lean and mean. Bear with.

swoosh
QLD, 1927 posts
5 Nov 2011 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

5.6 S-1 arrived early in the week.

took it out for a light wind session this afternoon, mmmmmm me likey! cheers guys! not many things out there worth that kind of wait, but this was [}:)]

TAA
SA, 1160 posts
5 Nov 2011 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Good thing's come to people who wait.
I think your shop needs to stock more?
Who would want to run a shop.Hard call on what to order each year
All good In S.A with severne gear

swoosh said...

5.6 S-1 arrived early in the week.

took it out for a light wind session this afternoon, mmmmmm me likey! cheers guys! not many things out there worth that kind of wait, but this was [}:)]

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
6 Nov 2011 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

5.0m Blade 2011/12 in action 20 to 30 seabreeze Corros 30/9/2011
Photo by Ben Pollant From his jet ski

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
26 Nov 2011 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

bushfire
NSW, 354 posts
29 Nov 2011 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

A couple of photos of a Reflex3 7.8m sail rigged by BenS in Sydney last night. Sweeeet looking sail. Sorry for blur - phone camera, low light, a few beers etc
Higher skin tension, adjustable head "tightness", wider luff pocket than the R2's

AUS4
NSW, 1259 posts
29 Nov 2011 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Glen,
You could have waited till Ben put the cambers on the mast....... no skin tension there !!

bushfire said...

A couple of photos of a Reflex3 7.8m sail rigged by BenS in Sydney last night. Sweeeet looking sail. Sorry for blur - phone camera, low light, a few beers etc
Higher skin tension, adjustable head "tightness", wider luff pocket than the R2's

bushfire
NSW, 354 posts
29 Nov 2011 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Rick, my camera skills = my windsurfing skills

Jezstrt
TAS, 1471 posts
5 Dec 2011 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

aus301
QLD, 2039 posts
7 Dec 2011 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

current wait time for a Ferrari in Australia is 2 to 3 years depending on the model you want... just saying

Trousers
SA, 565 posts
7 Dec 2011 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

aus301 said...

current wait time for a Ferrari in Australia is 2 to 3 years depending on the model you want... just saying

reckon you could pick up a cheap "fixer upper" in japan at the moment....

tonyd
QLD, 397 posts
11 Dec 2011 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

www.severneracing.com/reflex_slalom.php
200 boom on the 6.2 seems abit much.

tonyd
QLD, 397 posts
12 Dec 2011 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

www.severneracing.com/reflex_3.php
200 boom on the 6.2 seems abit much.

bushfire
NSW, 354 posts
9 Jan 2012 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

We received our new Reflex 3 formula sails mid last week - a 12m and a 9.6m. They look very fast - a nice fine leading edge angle, a smooth, wider luff pocket (a large improvement here), a deeper luff curve and they feel lighter (static weight). A good evolution on the Reflex 2's. Initial sail tests show that they are powerful, pump very well, whilst retaining the "active" Reflex feel. More testing required here! So far we are very impressed

Photos are of the 9.6m

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Severne 2012" started by scarrgo