Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Severne Boards 2017

Created by uweh > 9 months ago, 26 Aug 2016
uweh
311 posts
26 Aug 2016 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

any news about the new 2017 Severne Boards ?

thanks in advance

uwe

BSN101
WA, 2286 posts
27 Aug 2016 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Severne Fox thread already on the go.

uweh
311 posts
27 Aug 2016 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

The Nano....

uweh
311 posts
27 Aug 2016 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
27 Aug 2016 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you Uweh.

This looks similar to the Dan Thomson surfboards and many of the stubbies etc around from other brands.

Any reviews and indications of pricing, weights and constructions ?

Yuppy
VIC, 664 posts
27 Aug 2016 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

I just went into Zu board sports. They have the the 2017 catalogue. Loads more boards. Much more kit than the website.

uweh
311 posts
28 Aug 2016 12:14AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Yuppy,

more boards...specs l ?

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
28 Aug 2016 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

It would appear that the Nano made an appearance at the AWT, judging by the video the shot posted by Uweh was from the 2016 AWT Pacasmayo Classic.

Presumably it wasn't the winning board as I believe Forrest Ladkin won on a more classic Fanatic Quad although he did use Severne Sails. The sailor always being more important than the board and sail and perhaps the conditions favour the more classic style shape which it appears he used.

There may be some lessons here as to what range of use is for the Nano as opposed to the Nuevo which also appears to be being retained as the classic board for Severne for 2017.

These are my speculative inferences and I don't have any inside knowledge, ownership nor any experience in Fanatic or Severne gear. Comments from anyone who has more information would be appreciated.

Finn0
NSW, 50 posts
28 Aug 2016 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

[i mg] www.seabreeze.com.au/Img/Photos/Windsurfing/11108898.jpghttps://www.seabreeze.com.au/Img/Photos/Windsurfing/11108900.jpghttps://www.seabreeze.com.au/Img/Photos/Windsurfing/11108810.jpg' />

Yeah guys was fortunate to take a test version of a bigger volume Nano to Peru for the AWT event recently,
it is 99ltrs 219 x 57cm.

The board planed earlier than most and is fast, as a quad it had plenty of drive off the bottom and carried speed through
to top turn, where you could either carve off the top or push harder to a controlled slide.

I tried the tri fin setup as well and found it all round looser, but preferred the quads drive on the endless down the line lefts of Pacasmayo.

The short length and narrow width was great in the air and looped with ease.

Expect to see an 83ltr & 93ltr version soon and the 99ltr to follow.

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
28 Aug 2016 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

What do you think the prices and constructions will be ?

Would you have preferred a 100 litre Nuevo to the Nano at the Pacsamayo comp ?

FS
WA, 94 posts
29 Aug 2016 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

I have been using the 83 Nano over the past month and a half in Tenerife: cross on with sails from 3.6 to 4.8. Fin setup was as the thruster option.
This board is fantastic at making less then perfect waves extremely fun.
The board is super easy to keep speed trough the bottom turn, either through long drawn out (clew first switch stance type) bottom turns or on softer less powerful waves.
The top turn though is where this board got me hooked. You can throw the board off the top as hard as you like and always be able to bring it back with ease.
Having a wider nose too makes doing takas and even normal freestyle very easy compared to most other wave board I have used.

Finn0
NSW, 50 posts
29 Aug 2016 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome pics FS, great to hear the Nano works in cross on as well, as that's what we mainly get at home in QLD.

Yeah totally agree the top turn is where this board excels on the wave the control is amazing you can jam it late under the lip and it never catches or push harder
to slide the tail and its speed is great for airs.

aribenasher I was going to take a Nuevo 101ltr to Peru which would have still worked great, but am pretty happy went the Nano in the end the multiple
fin option allowed us to dial it in to suit pacasmayo condition, and felt the quad was best option for me.

There is some similarity on the wave between the Nano and Nuevo, and took little time to get used to it.

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
29 Aug 2016 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

FS/FinnO, Thanks for the feedback.

R1DER
WA, 1461 posts
29 Aug 2016 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

I've seen Mr Severne out recently at a couple of different local spots, Ben was getting some very nice top turns on his Nano. He looked very warm in that super duper 5/3 Severne wetsuit. The board appears to carry some good speed along the wave face.

Subsonic
WA, 3112 posts
29 Aug 2016 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
R1DER said...
I've seen Mr Severne out recently at a couple of different local spots, Ben was getting some very nice top turns on his Nano. He looked very warm in that super duper 5/3 Severne wetsuit. The board appears to carry some good speed along the wave face.

Seen him out testing too.

Terrible time he must be having, all that new gear that needs testing.

uweh
311 posts
7 Sep 2016 12:17AM
Thumbs Up

any more news about the boards...

thanks in advance

uwe

uweh
311 posts
10 Sep 2016 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

come on Yuppi...make photo from the catalogue...

thanks in advance

uweh

uweh
311 posts
29 Sep 2016 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

no new news about the severne boards...thanks in advance

barri
SA, 316 posts
29 Sep 2016 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

www.facebook.com/SeverneSailsAustralia/?fref=ts

Video of the Nano on the Severne Australia fb page.

uweh
311 posts
29 Sep 2016 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
barri said..
www.facebook.com/SeverneSailsAustralia/?fref=ts

Video of the Nano on the Severne Australia fb page.

some specs anywhere too ?

tobyr
WA, 69 posts
29 Sep 2016 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Seen a catalogue somewhere and has lots of new cool stuff in it.

SeverneSails
WA, 69 posts
Site Sponsor
6 Oct 2016 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Uweh

the specs for the Nano are
78ltr 214cm / 55cm
83ltr 215cm / 56cm
93ltr 217cm / 58cm
103ltr 219cm / 59cm

They are supplied as Thruster set ups but can be used as quads. Started as a board for onshore days or smaller waves and better speed for jumping, they have been proving to be good fun in half mast full on waves also up north.

check with your dealer for pricing and availability around November.

cheers

uweh
311 posts
6 Oct 2016 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SeverneSails said..
Hi Uweh

the specs for the Nano are
78ltr 214cm / 55cm
83ltr 215cm / 56cm
93ltr 217cm / 58cm
103ltr 219cm / 59cm

They are supplied as Thruster set ups but can be used as quads. Started as a board for onshore days or smaller waves and better speed for jumping, they have been proving to be good fun in half mast full on waves also up north.

check with your dealer for pricing and availability around November.

cheers

thanks for specs...

aloha,

uwe

Alex_sc
WA, 65 posts
11 Oct 2016 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Nano looks and sounds great!

www.starboarditaly.com/2016/09/severne-windsurf-2017-nano.html

NANO ALL-ROUND WAVE

Inspired by Tomo’s new-school surfboards, the Nano is a fresh wavesailing sensation.
Its parallel rails mean the width is narrower than on a traditional board, which makes it feel like
you’re sailing a smaller board. The efficiency of the parallel rails means you’re up and planing as if
you were riding a bigger board.

Initially conceived as a small wave, onshore biased design, the Nano proved to be so much more:

INCREDIBLY VERSATILE
Fast enough for onshore, stable enough for high speed, down-the-line wall rides. And then with the
option of Thruster drive and power or Quad manoeuvrability.

INSTANT ACCELERATION
An efficient rocker with low-drag entry gets the Nano up and moving with the slightest gust.

FUNCTIONAL VOLUME
Volume distribution centres the volume where you need it, not up on the nose or right at the tail.
This makes the Nano really efficient for its size. Small and efficient.

NANO DIMENSIONS
Small. It’s short length and narrow width makes the Nano extremely compact. Sure, it fits in
the car easier, but the real benefit is a smaller rotational space; fits into hollow sections of small
waves, or quick aerial rotations.

PROGRESSIVE RAILS
Blending from thin, refined rails at the tail and through the stance, the rails get progressively fuller
towards the nose. This automatically sets the trim when turning – the front rides safe and high,
while the tail bites and drives through the turn.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Severne Boards 2017" started by uweh