Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Severne NCX 2016

Created by DarrylG > 9 months ago, 13 Jan 2016
DarrylG
WA, 495 posts
13 Jan 2016 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Ok so I've had these sails for over a month now and have used them in all wind strengths.
All I can really say is I'm impressed. They are just what I was after.
A lot of my sailing now is out in confused choppy ocean sailing, but also includes speed runs up around woodies etc.
Right from the first session they have rigged up sweet, no fiddling and adjusting. Just straight out on to the water for a couple of hours non stop.
I have only rigged them so far on RDM masts and see no real reason to change. Even with my considerable mass the 7.5 on a 460 rdm works great. I was first impressed with bottom end and the great pumpabiity ( i know not a real word). Then next sessions were over 25 knots still on the 7.5. The range of this sail is considerable.
I find some of the best bits are i can easily depower the sail in the biggest gust just by sheeting out slightly without the board leaping out of the water.
I can see my race sails getting a lot less use this season.

The 7.5 will be my go to sail this summer. ( might have to put some race numbers on it for the weekend?)
The 6.5 will be my speed sail. Should be easy 40 plus on this with enough wind.
If you see me at the beach i'll let you have a go so you can see for your self how good they are :)

DarrylG
WA, 495 posts
13 Jan 2016 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

gpsteamchallenge.com.au/sailor_session/show?date=2015-12-24&team=30

I think the link might work. One off the first sessions at Melville.

AJEaster
NSW, 696 posts
13 Jan 2016 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

Gee Darryl, nice session and great figures on the big gear. I have heard really good things about the NCX for no fuss rigging and great blasting

nerdycross
296 posts
13 Jan 2016 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah thease severne ncx are brilliant I have sailed my 6mtr so far and love the wind range and haven't got the right mast yet for it!.Can't wait for my 7mtr to turn up.Think may upgrade my T4 8mtr to a ncx too.

Tardy
5013 posts
16 Jan 2016 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear they're good ..I struggling to find a sail over 8.0 ..the NCX comes in a 9.0 ..
right up my alley ..I'm on the heavy side so I do need a bit of cloth up in 10-14 knots ..
I do prefer the no cam in bigger sails ..as I have to do a bit of up hauling ..so light is good .

nerdycross
296 posts
16 Jan 2016 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Am goin chop in my light wind 8mtr tush t4 for the ncx 8mtr as t4 won't work very well with my severne mast .

Tardy
5013 posts
17 Jan 2016 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

And it makes a hell of a difference ..mine was the other way a was using a north on a severne .brought a severne .mast ..now it works better .Softer doesn't over power ..or throw you over the front ..it was like using a spring ....but no guts down low ..
I have naish as well ..both Naish and severne work together ..with my sails .
naish only makes sails up to 8.2 now ..so that's why I'm looking at the 9.0 ..NCX ..they look great .

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Severne NCX 2016" started by DarrylG