Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Snack preview Blade pro 4.2 2020

Created by Manawa > 9 months ago, 6 Aug 2020
Manawa
132 posts
6 Aug 2020 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Bought and tested last week in Garda Lake with strong wind for two days (from 20 to 30 knots + choppy) mast Severne Red 370, board Kode Freewave 86, mode single fin 23cm, mast exstention at 14 cm, Enigma boom at 154cm, my weight is about 72 kg;
second set up for my girlfriend mast exstension at 16cm and boom enigma at 156cm but for her at 50kg was too big she prefer switch to our 3.6 S1 pro.
That said, guys this sail is amazing, is super fast, soft feeling, great in the jump, super for the take off using the chop, at the begin I use it in 3.7 conditions at 5.30 am in the lake the storm hit my sail but the sail is always super super stable and soft. The second day was less windy (4.5/4.7) but I was able to continue to use Blade pro 4.2, because the range of use of this sail is infinite thanks also to the membrane.
Probably with this sail compared to my old S1 pro 4.0, I will lost something in terms of maneuverability, but gain in terms of stability and range of use.
Furthermore I noticed (but also the other guys on the water), that I jump more higt compared to my old 4.0 S1 pro, probably because I can hit better the chop with more speed and more up wind propension, I think this is the key in B&J conditions. With this sail I've had a lot of fun.
In conclusion amazing sail, great job Severn guys.

Sepp
24 posts
7 Aug 2020 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Si.....when there is good wind from the north (= named Peler), Capo Reamol is the place to be.
BTW....nice angulation in your avatar picture

Manawa
132 posts
8 Aug 2020 1:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sepp said..
Si.....when there is good wind from the north (= named Peler), Capo Reamol is the place to be.
BTW....nice angulation in your avatar picture

Thank, I am on holiday in Capo Reamol at the Moment I can't go in Mauritius island, border are closed in the island , tomorrow forecast said peler I hope.. Iwant to' try again my 4.2 blade pro. You like ski?

Manawa
132 posts
12 Aug 2020 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

Severne world in Garda Lake

Amazing sail super range of use

Sepp
24 posts
14 Aug 2020 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

...of course I like sking. I am from Tirol...

Manawa
132 posts
26 Aug 2020 3:54AM
Thumbs Up

Update set up in strong wind I use mast extension at 16 cm and not 14 cm as indicated, my downhaul is about at 15 cm, the boom I don't use all 156cm but 155. In low wind condition my set up 14cm and boom at 154 negative outhaul.

the mast is severne red 370, and severne extention cyclop, boom new enigma.

leto
270 posts
29 Aug 2020 1:37AM
Thumbs Up

Surprisingly, an older model still seems to work ...

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Snack preview Blade pro 4.2 2020" started by Manawa