Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

2014 nationals

Created by HAIL > 9 months ago, 24 Feb 2014
HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
24 Feb 2014 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

Who is heading over? Conditions look pretty good and sounds like a nice place to visit!! I can't compete cause of this bloody injury but am still considering making a trip over? Who's keen! Rumor has it some pretty big names will be making a appearance.

HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
24 Feb 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

barri
SA, 316 posts
24 Feb 2014 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

I'm working now.... I feel everybody else in the States pain..
Would be good fun though.

Al McLeod
VIC, 633 posts
25 Feb 2014 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Forecast looks promising and plenty of swell hanging around all week. Don't stress if you can't make it on Saturday - looks like it will be a free sailing day as everyone arrives and registers. Rego will be open Sunday too and possibly Monday forecast dependent.

Anyone feel free to contact me if you need to sort out a place!

Al McLeod
VIC, 633 posts
2 Mar 2014 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Daily update

Registrations:
Registrations are open today until 3pm at 14 Sunnyside Ave, Cape Woolamai.
Last minute registrations tomorrow 9-11am at the same address. Registrations will be closed at 11am Monday March 3rd, to allow us time to finalise the draw - for all those thinking of competing please register by sending an SMS to 0400 483 760 and include your Name & Division (Open, Junior (under 18), Masters (35 +), Womens, you can enter two if you wish). You will need to complete paper work on arrival before hitting the water.

For those who may not be able to make the next few days, the forecast is looking very good for Friday and Saturday (7th & 8th). We would strongly encourage everyone to register now so you are at least in the draw and can still compete in the Double Elimination.

Today:
There is a nice groundswell building today that should offer good surf. We are having an Opening Social Night at Magic Lands Cafe & Bar (on Vista Pl, Cape Woolamai) from 7pm in the pool room. The food is good and the beers are cold. See you there!

Competition:
Competition is likely to start tomorrow with a move to Sandy Point to take advantage of the easterly wind acceleration there. We are expecting 15-20 knots cross off and 3-4 foot of swell. Likely to start heats is around 2-3pm. At this stage we would like everyone to be there at 1pm to prepare. Conditions are expected to serve up something like this.

Prizes:
We have got plenty of great prizes lined up from our sponsors, including this Goya 4.5m Guru from Core Boardsports. This sail will be won by one lucky amateur division sailor so make sure you register to be in the running!

Forecast update:
Tuesday - Surfing day.
Wednesday - looks like Cat Bay could be good although swell is slightly smaller than initially expected.
Thursday - Surfing day.
Friday - this could serve up seriously good conditions at Woolamai - logo high, cross off.
Saturday - probably similar to Friday.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"2014 nationals" started by HAIL