Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

Severne / Starboard Winter Wave Series 2016

Created by WsurfingSA > 9 months ago, 27 Apr 2016
WsurfingSA
SA, 390 posts
27 Apr 2016 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone,

Windsurfing SA is pleased to announce that the Severne / Starboard Winter Wave series will be held on the Fleurieu Peninsula over the months of May, June, July and August (with the final round also being the Windsurfing SA State Championships)

We intend to pick the best Sunday of each month, as it occurs, with the aim to have one event per month. There will be no event over the June Long Weekend.

The first round will be on Sunday 15th May (provided we have wind, also to avoid mothers day) at either Day Street, Middleton or on the mid coast at either U-Turns or Seaford reef.

The following rounds will be at the same venues, conditions permitting.

A decision will be made by the committee on the Thursday prior to the event as to which venue the competition will be held, so stay close to this thread or keep an eye on the Windsurfing SA Facebook page.

Entry is $10 per event (this will also get you a sausage and a beer or softie at the event)

All competitors will need to be members of Windsurfing SA (to sign up or renew membership please go to wsa.roundtablelive.org - membership is $35 per person)

This year we will have an Open Mens, Open Womens, Masters (40+) and a Grand Masters (55+) categories,

Thanks again to Severne / Starboard for supplying us with a bunch of goodies for the whole series,

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on the beach,

TAA
SA, 1149 posts
28 Apr 2016 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

Is that why everyone was sailing yesterday..
Practicing for wave series and state titles..

profian
SA, 200 posts
28 Apr 2016 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Looks a like a good plan - well done, folks! And "Grand Masters" now... gotta like the sound of that...

WsurfingSA
SA, 390 posts
13 May 2016 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

This sundays first round of the Starboard / Serverne Winter Wave Series is on hold for a week. The forecast wind for Sunday is not looking that promising, see you all next week.....

WsurfingSA
SA, 390 posts
19 May 2016 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Wave Sailing Crew,

We are on for this Sunday (22nd May) for the first round of the Starboard / Severne Winter Wave Series,

Lets meet at the Day street car park at 8.30 for a 9am start,

Make sure you are members of Windsurfing SA if you are considering competing, wsa.roundtablelive.org - membership is $35 per person,

Hope to see you all there!

profian
SA, 200 posts
19 May 2016 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Current forecast looks 50:50 between Mid and Day St ... ? Lots of north in some predictions, a bit more NW in others...

nusbreath
SA, 101 posts
19 May 2016 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

I'm predicting switching NW at 12:45pm............as that is the earliest I can get to Middleton on Sunday.

Either that or it drops out at 12:45

russh
SA, 3025 posts
20 May 2016 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah sounds good - an late morn comp after a Sunday sleep in

Zubby
SA, 896 posts
20 May 2016 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Sadly I won't be there as it's my sons 5th birthday. I hoping for the arvo session thou.

Have a great comp!

TAA
SA, 1149 posts
21 May 2016 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hope everyone has there small gear ready...
Looks windy

JBATES
SA, 227 posts
21 May 2016 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Windy but flat

HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
22 May 2016 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Wind has certainly arrived. Swell is a no show on the mid. Let's hope Middleton can turn it on a bit later with a wind swing.

WsurfingSA
SA, 390 posts
22 May 2016 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Comp on hold till 10am, waiting for wind to swing a bit more NW, currently NNW. Surf tiny, but hoping it will build

TAA
SA, 1149 posts
22 May 2016 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Starboard / Severne wave series....Round 1

Well done to Windsurfing SA for getting the Comp up and running in trying conditions

Well done to the crew that entered...your in the draw to win prizes at the end of year party

Dr Duck
SA, 450 posts
23 May 2016 7:58AM
Thumbs Up

Yep, many thanks to all involved. One of those days where it felt like there was a major spanking from the NW or W just over the horizon, but it steered clear of us. BBQ at the end of the session never tasted so good!

profian
SA, 200 posts
23 May 2016 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Some white line fever before the crew hit the water... some good waves if you managed to get on one. Nice day for practising no-wind water starts... Excellent snags! Thanks to everyone who organised stuff!!

russh
SA, 3025 posts
23 May 2016 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah was certainly a day for big board for the lulls - small sail for the gusts - just the gusts got fewer & fewer & fewer & fewer

Certainly some excellent float and ride skills displayed

barri
SA, 316 posts
23 May 2016 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers all!!

I had sweet fun in ****ty conditions. So good having a crew, bbq and beers at the beach.

WsurfingSA
SA, 390 posts
23 May 2016 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Starboard Severne Windsurfing SA Winter Waves Series

Well the wind certainly arrived, a solid 25 knots NNW greeted us at Day Street on Sunday morning, just the swell wasnt co-operating. It had dropped to 1 foot waves if we were lucky (could have held a slalom comp?)

13 competitors signed up across the open mens, open womens, Masters over 40's and the Grand Masters over 55's.

Some stand out sailors on the day, Ty Andrews with some amazing corkscrews (?) and power carves, Brett Roberts was also lining up plenty of sections. Bondy was impressing his new flame with a solid two hour sail (although we did get worried when she started up his car and drove off - she came back though) - good stuff mate!
Other stand outs were James Barr, Gareth, The Prof and Chris Hale, with some great wave riding.

Special mention to the open womens competitors, Gen, Kym and Anthea, great effort from all the ladies, some really nice rides in amongst a fair bit of floating.

Thanks to all of the crew that made the effort to come down, see you in June for the next round,
I have compiled the poiints from this round, if you were unable to vote (I know the pens stopped working in the rain) or forgot, please send me a messgae so I can compile them for the final presenation. All points go towards the final result (3 rounds)

WsurfingSA
SA, 390 posts
3 Jun 2016 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

We will go on hold for a few weeks, as this weekend is looking a bit iffy for a comp

There might still be a crew heading down early on Sunday to Day Street for a floaty sail, but comp is on hold until 18th or 19th June,

Don't forget, there's a few crew heading to Beachport next weekend for hopefully three days of wave sailing and SUP, come and join us!

Dave,

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"Severne / Starboard Winter Wave Series 2016" started by WsurfingSA