Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

2023 Koombana Bay Windsurfer Class Racing Invitational

Created by WindsurferCAWA > 9 months ago, 21 Feb 2023
WindsurferCAWA
26 posts
21 Feb 2023 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Here is a new event on Saturday 11 March 2023 at Koombana Bay Sailing Club in Bunbury asked for by sailors down south. All Windsurfer Class welcome along with all other windsurfing craft including Windfoil and Wingfoil Windsurfers (note however kites are not permitted) and we can race as a mixed fleet. Koombana bay is a great location to sail/race. The facilities at KBSC are great and the bar stays open late on Saturday nights. More details here on requirements and eligibility : www.windsurferclasswa.com/events/160492/

WindsurferCAWA
26 posts
27 Feb 2023 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Please go here and register to enter: www.revolutionise.com.au/koombanabay/events/175359/?fbclid=IwAR1EG8hqZdAY2bAz9X1DpsAchbHp_WSMlFMSB71zoGKrUZhmcqgCD_ake8Q

We believe up to one (1) possibly two (2) course races using inner marks as per Saturday course sheets. More will be revealed at the briefing presentation on the day. It should be awesome fun and there will be some great experiences at this wonderful venue and location. We have ordered a good forecast !

www.windsurferclasswa.com/about/koombana-bay-bunbury-course-marks/

Maddlad
WA, 864 posts
28 Feb 2023 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Could be fun on the foil. :)

Maddlad
WA, 864 posts
28 Feb 2023 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Says we need to be part of WCAWA to participate when i go to register.

WindsurferCAWA
26 posts
1 Mar 2023 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
Says we need to be part of WCAWA to participate when i go to register.

Matt, True and yes please go here and join its only $15 and the event is otherwise free and we have a spent a great deal of time setting up the event. We would be delighted with your participation as Lachlan Putt will need some other foilers to compete with. Last time at GBYC (we missed you ) he took victory in the foiling class, line honours and on overall corrected time AS yardstick. Lachie had no serious racefoilers on full race gear to compete with. The next day after GBYC he did an LT event at Nedlands , full marks to him, so we are a diverse group as you can appreciate. I will personally buy you a jug of beer if you join the association and race at KBSC.

Please go here:

www.windsurferclasswa.com/registration/

You are a returning member as you will have registered for sailing in the past with WWA. You just need your AS number and your dob to link it up.

Then after joining go here to enter : www.revolutionise.com.au/koombanabay/events/175359/

In this way by supporting the association you support more events like this. We are volunteers and we are resolute in delivering for members. Thanks very much for your support.

Cheers WCAWA

Maddlad
WA, 864 posts
2 Mar 2023 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Lachy might be too fast for me. :D

WindsurferCAWA
26 posts
7 Mar 2023 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
Lachy might be too fast for me. :D

He hasn't entered yet...the way is open for celebration of a glorious victory at Hallucination Bay. Where are the foilers ?

www.revolutionise.com.au/koombanabay/events/175359/

Maddlad
WA, 864 posts
8 Mar 2023 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Registered, and i believe Subsonic will be joining in.

WindsurferCAWA
26 posts
8 Mar 2023 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
Registered, and i believe Subsonic will be joining in.

Thanks Maddlad and Subsonic. A star studded field entered for this event which will be a race experience exploring the windsurfing possibilities of all of these exciting multidiverse craft as a light unto all current and future generations. The Messiah aka Lachy maybe he will show ... Anyone else make sure you don't miss it, there is still time !

www.revolutionise.com.au/koombanabay/events/175359/#

www.windsurferclasswa.com/events/160492/

www.windsurferclasswa.com/about/koombana-bay-bunbury-course-marks/

Maddlad
WA, 864 posts
11 Mar 2023 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, unfortunately I've woken up with a fair bit of vertigo today, and don't think it's a good idea for me to venture very far, so I won't be able to make it to this event today I'm sorry. Hope it all goes well and maybe I can get there next year. cheers.

WindsurferCAWA
26 posts
14 Mar 2023 11:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Maddlad said..
Hi guys, unfortunately I've woken up with a fair bit of vertigo today, and don't think it's a good idea for me to venture very far, so I won't be able to make it to this event today I'm sorry. Hope it all goes well and maybe I can get there next year. cheers.

Hey Maddlad, Here is hoping for a swift and healthy recovery of your body and spirit. We missed you but we understand completely and hope to see you, smiling, at the Three of a Kind at MBSC this weekend. Lachy ended up sailing his LT. The event at KBSC was most enjoyable. It was 12-15 knots SW over a 25 km triangle-sausage-triangle course. A great club thanks to them for having us all and putting on the racing and thanks also to all volunteers. The club loved us being there and they want us back next year, that is to say, all the LT fleet and any foilers too. Results top 3: 1. Jay Wild 2. Lachlan " the messiah" Putt 3. Scott McKercher...full report here: www.windsurferclasswa.com/news/2023-koombana-bay-windsurfer-class-racing-invitational/

Next year at Koombana Bay Sailing Club !

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

"2023 Koombana Bay Windsurfer Class Racing Invitational" started by WindsurferCAWA