Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

Spare 460mast could borrow for the LOC ?

Created by smp > 9 months ago, 16 Dec 2016
smp
WA, 79 posts
16 Dec 2016 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all
Hoping to avoid the balls up of last year when I attempted to rig my 7.5 in the light winds of last years LOC only to realise I had left my old SDM 460 mast/extension in the UK when I moved over as it's the only sail I need it for. It gets no use apart from maybe (hopefully not) this years LOC. So wondering if anyone has either a RDM 460 mast or a SDM mast and SDM extension I could borrow for the event this year?

smp
WA, 79 posts
16 Dec 2016 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

Oh and seeing as my only board currently is a 75L I'm hoping for something that could carry up to a 7.5m2, the guys at windsurfing Perth kindly gave me a vinta

ge AHD 267 when I snapped the nose on my 85L. Never used it but can't seem to work out what L the board is, anyone with experience of the board?

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
16 Dec 2016 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

I have no experience with the board, but based on what I see in the photos and the visible markings, I am guessing the board is mid 1990s probably from the time around when Patrice Belbeoch (Exocet) was a team rider. About 85-90 litres of volume and 267 cm in length and it would appear to be a free ride wave slalom convertible in monocoque construction. I have a 460 cm two piece Fiberspar mast for sale, if you are interested for a very reasonable small fee.Message me if interested.

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
16 Dec 2016 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

The mast available is an SDM and with Carbon 75% Race/ Speed model. circa 1990s and I will seek $70 for it (includes padded mast bag) and will throw in for no extra charge an NP SDM mast extension (max 45cm) in good cond from same era.

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
17 Dec 2016 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

I think the article in 1999 American windsurfer may be reviewing a similar board i.e. AHD 267 III but it is difficult to say for certain, it could be a later or earlier version. Suggest you do the "measuring" to see if they are similar.

www.americanwindsurfer.com/articles/1999-equipment-test-wave-hi-wind-boards/

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

"Spare 460mast could borrow for the LOC ?" started by smp