The FREE stuff thread

Created by Mark _australia > 9 months ago, 14 Sep 2012
R1DER
WA, 1461 posts
24 Jul 2014 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
R1DER said..
Two unfinished wave boards going on bulk rubbish in a couple of weeks just need fin and mast box and footstrap plugs then need to be fibreglassed. Both around 75 litres old school outline one 52cm wide the other is 53cm wide. 5mmm thick diviycell top and bottom. Pm me.

53cm one on the left gone to a budding board builder.

GrumpySmurf
WA, 230 posts
26 Aug 2014 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Stingray Hydrofoil (for your stinkboat motor from 40hp upwards)

I had had this old one and decided to get a new one to see if it works / looks better. So packaging looks better than the product. The products itself is faded and has a corner chewed out (probably by a shark )

Mark _australia
WA, 22342 posts
27 Aug 2014 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Going off the 'other' forum.... I thought kiters invented hydrofoils?

col5555
WA, 378 posts
2 Sep 2014 2:43AM
Thumbs Up

Free BIC vivace. Small cracks on rail. Very good condition for its vintage. No fin take's powerbox

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
5 Sep 2014 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

BOMBORA ANTARTICA WAVE 1986

Going free to someone who wants to start wave sailing suit bump n jump river or ocean around Perth for summer.
This is a true "free wave" board

Bombora Antarctica Wave.
Designed by Mark Paul.
Circa. 1986. Approx. Dimensions 268cm (length) x 60cm (width)
Volume: 96L
Weight: 11.9 kg Shape: fine rails, pin tail, spiral V, winger pintail Fin-Standard bombora tri fin configuration US Box style
Side fins and Bombora Centre Kanga "Cock" or "Sock".
Genuine Mark Paul Graphics in true 1980s fashion !
Sail Elvstrom RAF Wave circa 5.0m2- passable condition this is a 1980s mylar sail.
Rotho Wave Mast appears circa 460 cm-seems in good useable condition.
There is "no rope" universal or indeed any universal here ! despite photos not included
Bombora Wave Boom adjustable in good condition.
Neil Pryde Harness included
The only item needing further attention is the installation of a mast extension, universal joint and mast foot, harness lines and eventually new footstraps then BOMBA !
Everything else appears serviceable and workable. A vintage collectors item that is still sailable. Do not miss it.

Mark _australia
WA, 22342 posts
5 Sep 2014 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

^^ never yet seen false advertising in a 'free' thread

Not a true freewave since they improved out of sight in 1996 and 2006 ....

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
5 Sep 2014 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mark _australia said..
^^ never yet seen false advertising in a 'free' thread

Not a true freewave since they improved out of sight in 1996 and 2006 ....

Brother, Peace.

"Freewave" it is a state of mind and this craft is is a cosmic spaceship freewheeling and drawing lines like the euphoric flower children surfing waves the 1980s !

It is the windsurfing equivalent of the craft ridden by Bobby Brown in the 1960s from the hot generation of the 60s.

Take up the mantle if you dare !

Mark _australia
WA, 22342 posts
5 Sep 2014 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

^^ oh no insult intended brother. Just that nobody would sail it. A Bombora in as-new condition is guaranteed to be the only one. Keep it pristine!
d

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
7 Sep 2014 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Mark, Thanks I will probably be taking the Bombora to Balcatta soon....my spouse has given me the instruction....unless there are any takers for this.

paddymac
WA, 936 posts
7 Sep 2014 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

There is an original Windsurfer at Balcatta tip in reasonable nick.

Mark _australia
WA, 22342 posts
7 Sep 2014 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
aribenasher said..
Mark, Thanks I will probably be taking the Bombora to Balcatta soon....my spouse has given me the instruction....unless there are any takers for this.

Hell no it is too good for the tip

nzl666
WA, 12 posts
25 Sep 2014 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

hi all have got all new kit for this year so have some boards to go to good homes

100lt 2008 I thnk tabou freestyle no straps or fin has had a hard life but still good and water tight for someone keen to start freestyleing it is a seconds board so the back strap plugs are around the rong way but you still can put starps in.

2011-12 91lt dacurve smashed the nose of it bailing out of a loop, have done a crappy reapar job on it but still water tight and rest of board in pritty good con not worth really fixing and trying to sell so thort I would give it to someone deserving as it still a good board just got no space in shed for it and missus starting to get suspicious as she doesn't know about new boards haha,

Would like boards to go to grom if keen pm me cheers

Muppet
WA, 84 posts
29 Sep 2014 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

2008ish exocet u surf 76 litre. Crack across the hull between footstraps from flat landing. Should still be sailable with a lick of resin although it's wavesailing days are probably over. No straps or fin. Greenwood Perth 0403 986 619.

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
30 Sep 2014 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nzl666 said..
hi all have got all new kit for this year so have some boards to go to good homes

100lt 2008 I thnk tabou freestyle no straps or fin has had a hard life but still good and water tight for someone keen to start freestyleing it is a seconds board so the back strap plugs are around the rong way but you still can put starps in.

2011-12 91lt dacurve smashed the nose of it bailing out of a loop, have done a crappy reapar job on it but still water tight and rest of board in pritty good con not worth really fixing and trying to sell so thort I would give it to someone deserving as it still a good board just got no space in shed for it and missus starting to get suspicious as she doesn't know about new boards haha,

Would like boards to go to grom if keen pm me cheers

Dear NZ'er, I sent a PM to you on the 100 litre freestyle board if still available. Cheers Richard

Stuthepirate
SA, 3589 posts
4 Oct 2014 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

NP Excess 2009 5.4m
free to good home.
plenty of life left in it still

Gonewindsurfing247
WA, 966 posts
4 Oct 2014 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

I have the following going for free. One is my very first board a Bombora 295 and the other is a Sean Ordonez Custom Quatro (collectors edition). Both are in good condition and both come with fins and footstraps. I will be taking them down to the Safety Bay Windsurfing Club Swap Meet next weekend 12th October if you want them.

Spocktek
WA, 281 posts
5 Oct 2014 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

G'day fellow boardsailers, it's shed cleaning time again so I have some gear to hand-me-down,
4.7 NP zone 08 ish
5.0 Picasso race
5.0 Stuart bell
7.0 overdrive 08 (carton)
F2 comet 90ish litre
Some old booms, masts (fibreglass STM) and old bases to suit those f2 mast tracks.
Some random stuff too.
Get amongst it!

Stuthepirate
SA, 3589 posts
6 Oct 2014 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stuthepirate said..

NP Excess 2009 5.4m
free to good home.

Sail's gone

Dip916
WA, 102 posts
6 Oct 2014 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Unfortunately, as soon as the sail is rigged and put under any tension, all the Mylar will instantly delaminate off the fabric base material (at least going from past experience).

I wish I could give the board a home, as it is from the era when I learnt to sail. :-(

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
6 Oct 2014 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dip916 said..

Unfortunately, as soon as the sail is rigged and put under any tension, all the Mylar will instantly delaminate off the fabric base material (at least going from past experience).

I wish I could give the board a home, as it is from the era when I learnt to sail. :-(

Dear Dip, please feel free to take the board without the sail. Cheers Richard

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
10 Oct 2014 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Free Bombora 295 140 Litres-Free on pick up and the board includes footstraps but without fin. It is the last generation of the Bombora with the wide point moved back, with the power box and it is in good condition.Very durable and suit someone wanting to get into slalom sailing on a budget.

RichardG
WA, 3749 posts
11 Oct 2014 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Bombora 295 and also Bombora Antartica now gone to a good home !

felixdcat
WA, 3519 posts
14 Oct 2014 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Spocktek said..
G'day fellow boardsailers, it's shed cleaning time again so I have some gear to hand-me-down,
4.7 NP zone 08 ish
5.0 Picasso race
5.0 Stuart bell
7.0 overdrive 08 (carton)
F2 comet 90ish litre
Some old booms, masts (fibreglass STM) and old bases to suit those f2 mast tracks.
Some random stuff too.
Get amongst it!

Mate, thank you for the NP 4.7 will be put to good use!

Chook2
WA, 1244 posts
2 Nov 2014 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hey ratz, thank you so much for the windsurfer gear mate.

Just got back from Bunbury and I finally got to pick the stuff up from where you kindly delivered it for me to collect.

I will certainly put it to good use on my land yachts.

I owe you a beer or two.

Cheers Chook

Evaldas
VIC, 2 posts
9 Nov 2014 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Stuthepirate said..

NP Excess 2009 5.4m
free to good home.

Hello would you shop it? To Vic. Thanks

Evaldas
VIC, 2 posts
9 Nov 2014 11:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
col5555 said..

Starboard "start" learner board and complete learner rig. - FREE

Hello is the board still there ?? would you ship it to Vic for $. Thanks . Regards Evald

Mark _australia
WA, 22342 posts
10 Nov 2014 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

I think you will see both were snapped up rather quickly

Vince68
WA, 675 posts
23 Nov 2014 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Hey peeps got some stuff here for anyone learning or want to make something else out of. will swap for a stubby...make that two. We'll drink 'em while we drivel windsurfing stuff.

4.4 sail works wave sail. This has been very kind to me over the years when i was using it. Tough little sail. one tear fixed with 100mile tape.

and a couple of booms large (chinook) and small (scalpel)
1 x chinook slightly bent from a high speed unplanned dismount
1 x Scalpel still in original shape

maxip
WA, 3 posts
27 Nov 2014 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

im Chasing a broken or unwanted carbon mast bottom section (its going to be chopped up into lots of little pieces) preferably with the very bottom still in good nick.

Man0verBoard
WA, 629 posts
27 Nov 2014 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
maxip said..
im Chasing a broken or unwanted carbon mast bottom section (its going to be chopped up into lots of little pieces) preferably with the very bottom still in good nick.

I've got a couple you can choose from maxip - shoot me a message and you can come and grab what you need

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

"The FREE stuff thread" started by Mark _australia