WA, 2278 posts
10 Sep 2016 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

has MOB still got gear there?

Gunz
WA, 7 posts
11 Sep 2016 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, large slalom board. Think it was a fanatic proto, would have to be 130L ish. Also 75L wave board. Wave board was fairly new when it had an altercation with a groyne. Fairly average DIY repair but still works. North 5.7m wave sail. I know this is the free thread but I would really appreciate some support to WWA in the form of a rashie order if you have a spare $50.

PhilCutter
WA, 32 posts
11 Sep 2016 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Aeron blazer 140-190cm boom looking for a new home. The grip is a bit chewed up on one side but it will give you something to hold on to. Pick up from cottesloe, freo or Perth.

MikeyG
WA, 156 posts
25 Sep 2016 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Room for a board, three sails, masts, boom, wettie, etc. etc.

A friend of mine left it when he headed back to the UK. Zips works and in OK condition (a few small scuffs externally and some small surface rips - not gone right through).

Will survive a few more trips.

Based in Attadale.

MikeyG
WA, 156 posts
26 Sep 2016 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Well I reckon I could have sold the board bag! I've a flood of responses so consider it gone (due to be picked up today).

Squid Lips
WA, 708 posts
28 Sep 2016 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Naish Wave Quest 100 litre from about 2002. Has and unfinished repair that I started years ago then lost interest. The board was opened up and allowed to fully dry out then broken foam has been cut out and a couple of layers of glass laid to seal it up but it needs the area built up with HD foam and the outer skin of glass. Would make a great first wave board once fixed up. Could probably find some footstraps for it.

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
2 Oct 2016 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

The following boards have all gone now:

Bombora New Toy
Delta Designs 8'6" epoxy wave
Tyronsea Elite Epoxy Slalom 295
Delta Designs Windtorque Dave Sheen Designs Wave Slalom 8'6"

The following board is sitting on my verge in Scarborough. PM me if you want it.

It is in excellent condition, no fin.

Speed World Cup Slalom Tuttle box lightweight epoxy construction; 8'8"

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
3 Oct 2016 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Speed board gone along with the following sails and kit, free, to a new home:

4.0 Ezzy North Wave
4.2 Stuart Bell Wave
4.5 Gaastra Wave
5.2 Stuart Bell Wave
Rip Curl Mast 4.5m
Tyronsea Wave Boom.

ALL GONE.

Madge
NSW, 471 posts
8 Oct 2016 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone in northern nsw or southern qld getting rid of any stuff. I know of a school where the kids would love it. I can pick up from ballina to currumbin. All gratefully appreciated.

Chewy C
WA, 2 posts
11 Oct 2016 6:35AM
Thumbs Up

Hi All,

I live in Freo and I am looking for an old race board, or anything with a centre board to teach windsurfing. If you have something sitting in your shed taking up dust, I can give it a new life!

Happy to drive a bit to pick it up!

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
11 Oct 2016 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

While this old raceboard is not free I believe you may be able to get it for a cheap price off Gumtree, it is a Mistral Pan Am Windsurfing board from 1982-83.

The Seller wants, $199.00 Negotiable, but you could get it for much much less I reckon.

Sharpen up your negotiation skills and go for it, if it suits you.

In 1982-83 this was the top of the line race board used by Robby Naish in surf races like the Pan Am cup in Hawaii.

Check out Gumtree:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/manning/surfing/pan-am-wind-surfing-board-/1125157798

Sellers description:

Pan Am windsurfing board great condition. European made high quality, originally cost over $1500.00.
The board dimensions are approximately:
Board - 3.8m long
Mast - 4.5m tall (epoxy mast mk II made in Switzerland)
Sail - 6.8m/squared (powerhead)

END

frankd
WA, 5 posts
6 Nov 2016 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

ka. KULT 5.8 sail, Kinetic Gladiator 115 litre 250x68cm board w straps, Starboard Scott McKercher ACID 88 litre 252x56cm board (professionally repaired with SICK Space Invaders artwork), boom, harness, helmet, mast, board bag, just find a mast step and get into it this summer! Will swap for beer or other watersports gear, e.g. Mini-mal

Crasher
WA, 69 posts
6 Nov 2016 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Pm'd you

curac
WA, 1144 posts
6 Nov 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frankd said..
ka. KULT 5.8 sail, Kinetic Gladiator 115 litre 250x68cm board w straps, Starboard Scott McKercher ACID 88 litre 252x56cm board (professionally repaired with SICK Space Invaders artwork), boom, harness, helmet, mast, board bag, just find a mast step and get into it this summer! Will swap for beer or other watersports gear, e.g. Mini-mal

Free stuff, not trade

frankd
WA, 5 posts
6 Nov 2016 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frankd said..
Apologies curac, ka. KULT 5.8 sail (downhall needs reattaching), Starboard Scott McKercher ACID 88 litre 252x56cm board (professionally repaired with SICK Space Invaders artwork), boom, harness, mast, step, free to good home, see previous post for pics.

felixdcat
WA, 3519 posts
7 Nov 2016 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, my mate, Flipdcat is looking for some gear to use on the starter board I gave him, he is not made of money so free or cheap (carton of beer ) would be greatly appreciated, I will teach him and his missus!

felixdcat
WA, 3519 posts
9 Nov 2016 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
felixdcat said..
Hi guys, my mate, Flipdcat is looking for some gear to use on the starter board I gave him, he is not made of money so free or cheap (carton of beer ) would be greatly appreciated, I will teach him and his missus!

Thank you frankd Flipdcat will be windsurfing soon!

Yves
WA, 134 posts
11 Nov 2016 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

I have 2 board covers up for grabs:

Prolimit 258x58
AHD 275x70

Zips not working!

frankd
WA, 5 posts
13 Nov 2016 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
felixdcat said..

felixdcat said..

Thank you frankd Flipdcat will be windsurfing soon!

No probs, all now gone apart from Starboard, will be on the verge soon if nobody claims here first.

BatKiter
WA, 209 posts
13 Nov 2016 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys,

Im trying to get back into windsurfing, if anyone has any boards around 90/100L mark it would be great.

Thanks.

Mark _australia
WA, 22251 posts
21 Nov 2016 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

OK - heaps of stuff.

A mate has finished sailing and as much as it is really sad he has to stop, it is a wonderful thing that he is so kind as to give away stuff. I have all his kit and still going thru it but here is some things I left in Perth. Rather see it go to deserving types........

( and I am busy sailing and working (in that order) so please no txt or call after 9pm)

Approx 25cm RDM extension, alloy, Chinook US twin pin

2 bases:
1x Chinook/boge with 2 bolt Chinook plate
1 x Severne base, europin, tendon. Tendon is old ish, maybe replace it.

Chinook/Boge joint Note base is homemade, it is solid as hell but maybe more for learner/intermediate NOT hard wave use.... just in case.

Flying Objects mens impact vest LARGE.
F.O booties, about men’s size 8-9 (quite small, my 12 y.o can wear them albeit loose)

JP Wave 87L approx. 2004 Good cond, no major delam, some little soft bits in deck. If it was a 3y/o board I’d not repair it, that’s how little the softness is. No fin, great straps

Starboard Trance 84L (freestyle) about 2004-5? Good all over, solid, no fin.

2x PB fins. Maish 25cm ish weedy, reshaped tip needs little more sanding but works nice. Unkn wave thing about 26cm, no damage. Good to loosen up your 90-100L FSW

Also not pictured:

(1) a Gath helmet, average adult men's size. Front neoprene that sits on forehead is removed so maybe loose, but better than an RDM to the noggin.

(2) Boge rubber with europin fitted

As you can see he is a good bloke, very sad to see him leaving the sport.

WANTED:
(1) Ezzy RDM 430 base section to go with his sails, to complete a rig for a noob or grom

(2) Big Big FSW.

(3) understanding woman and / or bigger shed.
Actually, both.

Mark _australia
WA, 22251 posts
25 Nov 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ BOTH boards gone
Impact vest gone

Adding:

2 spreader bars about 25cm, NP and Dakine - brand new!! but in Gero, so pay for post or wait til Xmas when I am next in the big smoke

And BTW the Boge rubber with europin (referred to above but not pictured) is brand new unused.

Mark _australia
WA, 22251 posts
25 Nov 2016 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

And nobody has an Ezzy RDM 430 bottom ? Can give you a whole Hyper C60 RDM for it!! Now there's a deal.....

smp
WA, 79 posts
28 Nov 2016 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, so trying to improve my chances of finishing this year at the Lancelin Classic this year. Thinking maybe a 75 l wave board might be a touch limiting as discovered last time round! Wondering if anyone has an old slalom board I could borrow for the event? Thanks!

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
28 Nov 2016 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

SMP, Its your lucky day, I am wanting to assist and I have this free one for the L2L use with a 6.4 m2 Gaastra Speedfoil Pro (modern equiv is a 7.4 m2, secret is sail it overpowered) the Board is a John Hall 9 foot Slalom, Light pro weight approx. 6.0 kg. Construction Specification: 9 foot Slalom board by John Hall 1990, based on Bill Riddell's Wind Action tri concave design but constructed with Styrofoam core,vacuum bagged in Divinycell then 6oz Carbon bottom & 6oz Carbon/Kevlar on the deck. Chinook finbox /mastrack, includes Pryde Pro travel bag. Very good condition. No Fin included but have some top carbon I could sell, Best Wishes, Richard

Hypersonic mast included, it may work with the Gaastra but if it does not then can sell you a 75% Carbon Race Speed Fiberspar which is probably better and slightly lighter. Alternatively you can find your own mast.I hope this helps if this board package does not , [you did ask for an old slalom board] then I shall give it to another.

grandfromage
WA, 344 posts
29 Nov 2016 6:19AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

Moving interstate and have 2 Naish boards to donate to the cause. Competition wave has a professional repair, sails great. Supercross is 84l, also sails great, would keep if I wasn't moving.

No straps or fins unfortunately, but boards are in good nick and would be great for progression from large to small.

Would appreciate a voluntary carton in exchange!

grandfromage
WA, 344 posts
3 Dec 2016 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Supercross has gone for a voluntary carton of VB, this has lead to an involuntary and newfound appreciation for this beer!

Thanks Gabriel, happy sailing.

barn
WA, 2960 posts
4 Dec 2016 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone have any late 90s slalom boards and sails?

Around 80L 90L + 6.0 - 7.8m2

I want to do big chop hops like it's 1999.

And a fluro seat harness.

RichardG
WA, 3746 posts
5 Dec 2016 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
barn said..

Hi Barn, I have an early 1990s Slalom board it is pictured above.Weight 6.0kg pro construction carbon kevlar. As yet unclaimed. It includes the sail and the mast shown. I can supply other period sails including a 4.5m2 4WD Street Wave Slalom or a Wild Winds 4.5 World Tour Wave. I don't have a fluoro seat harness however. Let me know if you would like it as it needs a good home. Cheers Richard

P.C_simpson
NSW, 1489 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
barn said..

So you would be also after some super short boardies and a pair of Oakley Blades.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

"The FREE stuff thread" started by Mark _australia