WindsurfingWA
WA, 799 posts
14 May 2018 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

WindsurfingWA
WA, 799 posts
19 May 2018 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

wrong dates in the poster above. Sorry. 5th to 9th December 2018.

Donk
NSW, 390 posts
10 Jun 2018 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WindsurfingWA said..
wrong dates in the poster above. Sorry. 5th to 9th December 2018.

Just a quick question. Has anyone flown from Perth to Geraldton with Virgin and if so what do they allow baggage wise i.e. two boards plus sail bag?
Cheers,

stehsegler
WA, 3469 posts
10 Jun 2018 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

I'd be surprised if they take windsurf gear. The Perth Geraldton route is serviced by Fokker 100 aircraft... actually as far as I know they are just repainted Skywest planes as Virgin just bought Skywest. It's possible they will replace the planes with their own 737 aircraft but I wouldn't bank on it.Just fly into Perth, rent a car there and drive up. You are more likely to get a better price on a rental anyway.For what it's worth they state on their website that F100 can take upto 6 meters in length quote: "depending on the flexibility of the item" (www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/plan/baggage/oversized-fragile-items/?error=login_required)Probably best to call them and get what ever they tell you in writing.

WindsurfingWA
WA, 799 posts
11 Jun 2018 7:56AM
Thumbs Up

Stay tuned in regards to gear transport to Geraldton and while the Nationals are. We are looking at a few options for getting everyone and their gear from interstate to Gero. There is also a plan for a shuttle bus to and from the beach each day.

Anyone got access to a tour coach and trailer we can borrow?

Donk
NSW, 390 posts
28 Jul 2018 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WindsurfingWA said..
Stay tuned in regards to gear transport to Geraldton and while the Nationals are. We are looking at a few options for getting everyone and their gear from interstate to Gero. There is also a plan for a shuttle bus to and from the beach each day.

Anyone got access to a tour coach and trailer we can borrow?

Any update on this guys?

TD55
WA, 62 posts
31 Jul 2018 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

I had enough trouble with a 6'7 surfboard coffin..safe bet as above land in Perth & rent vehicle to get to Gero. Going to need transport anyway one here, as 20kms distance bewteen the 2 gazetted sites

william
WA, 178 posts
3 Aug 2018 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Im happy to help with piling a big stack of boards and sails on the ute.

Lemme know

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

"Wavesailing Nationals 2018" started by WindsurfingWA