Forums > Wing Foiling General

Armstrong HA680 or MA800

Created by Parksie777 1 month ago, 14 Jul 2024
Parksie777
10 posts
14 Jul 2024 6:06AM
Thumbs Up

70kg, wanting to improve my wave / bump tiding. Used an MA1000 at Manawa last season but felt over foiled at times. Should I go for an MA800 or HA680?

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
14 Jul 2024 7:23AM
Thumbs Up

You winging? Getting towed in? What are the waves like ? either or 680 mate.

Parksie777
10 posts
14 Jul 2024 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yes winging on maybe head or just over. Fairly mellow waves.

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
14 Jul 2024 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

well the ma 800 you will be used to and it does have the best breach capability on the market. 680 is a weapon in the waves as well and much better pump and glide when flagged.

foilcad
2 posts
4 Aug 2024 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
well the ma 800 you will be used to and it does have the best breach capability on the market. 680 is a weapon in the waves as well and much better pump and glide when flagged.

Totally agree - have both MA and HA, although the MA is fantastic when breaching and stalling speed which is nice for mid-level the HA is my go to as it is much faster, especially when coupled with smaller tail. The older HA is even faster than the new version. If I had to do it again, I would go for HA strait away even if it takes more time to tame this wild weapon!

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
4 Aug 2024 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
foilcad said..

eppo said..

Totally agree - have both MA and HA, although the MA is fantastic when breaching and stalling speed which is nice for mid-level the HA is my go to as it is much faster, especially when coupled with smaller tail. The older HA is even faster than the new version. If I had to do it again, I would go for HA strait away even if it takes more time to tame this wild weapon!

I'd say categorically the new HAs are easier to use than even the Mas. They pop up way sooner, have far better stall speed and far more intuitive. I've said this before i'm not sure why they even called them the V2 HA - very different to the old HA. I'd even put a beginner on them they are that easy to use. As for all the other brands HA surf/wing type front wings. Tail and fuse selection are probs more important when matching up suitability with current ability. There are times when i wish they had a bit more "pinaz" like the old Has.

Oahuwaterwalker
225 posts
9 Aug 2024 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

I've ridden both extensively in surf, unless you're in steep fast powerful surf the 680 is hands down the winner IMHO. It gets on foil faster, stays on foil easier, has more glide and can actually handle some decent size surf.

The 800 shines when things get steep and fast.

Oahuwaterwalker
225 posts
9 Aug 2024 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

I've ridden both extensively in surf, unless you're in steep fast powerful surf the 680 is hands down the winner IMHO. It gets on foil faster, stays on foil easier, has more glide and can actually handle some decent size surf.

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
9 Aug 2024 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Oahuwaterwalker said..

Spot on .

Wingman WA
WA, 39 posts
16 Aug 2024 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Oahuwaterwalker said..

Couldn't agree more ??

Subscribe

Forums > Wing Foiling General

"Armstrong HA680 or MA800" started by Parksie777