Forums > Wing Foiling General

Duotone UNIT 2024-25 wings

Created by FranP 5 months ago, 4 Apr 2024
FranP
76 posts
4 Apr 2024 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone,

I've spotted some impressive prototypes being tested by Alan Cadiz. However, I'm uncertain whether they'll be put into production. Does anyone have any insights into what the new UNIT might look like?

FranP
76 posts
7 Apr 2024 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a nice UNIT prototype with reasonable improvements:
- still two handles and Allulla (I guess for premium models)
- no windows
- new canopy material that looks like Dyneema Composite as PPC wings
- radial sail panels
- two battens instead of one
- new material as junction in between the handles, that also connects directly to the canopy
- maybe smaller leading edge radius ?

full video here:

?t=1057

Foxi
125 posts
8 Apr 2024 2:21AM
Thumbs Up

the videos were taken almost one year ago according to Alans comments, so it seems quite unlikely that they copy the current OR AA series panel layout. I also doubt DT using the Aluula canopee material as it would further raise the price of the wing by approx 30%. Who pays for a wing which might last 3 seasons as long as the model is updated on an annual basis ?

FranP
76 posts
8 Apr 2024 2:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Foxi said..
the videos were taken almost one year ago according to Alans comments, so it seems quite unlikely that they copy the current OR AA series panel layout. I also doubt DT using the Aluula canopee material as it would further raise the price of the wing by approx 30%. Who pays for a wing which might last 3 seasons as long as the model is updated on an annual basis ?

The video covers one year activities and this part is at the end of the year 2023, so why not it can be a reasonable prototype. Also, I'm not saying canopy is Allulla, it can be a different material. D-LAB wings are 2K+ and Ocean Rodeo AA series with Aeris X 86 gsm in the canopy are 2K+ as well.Designing prototypes, test them, send to production, etc... takes 6-12 months, depending on the level of innovation.

Venomguy
130 posts
8 Apr 2024 6:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FranP said..
Here's a nice UNIT prototype with reasonable improvements:
- still two handles and Allulla (I guess for premium models)
- no windows
- new canopy material that looks like Dyneema Composite as PPC wings
- radial sail panels
- two battens instead of one
- new material as junction in between the handles, that also connects directly to the canopy
- maybe smaller leading edge radius ?

full video here:
?t=1057

This makes a lot of sense, no windows will be the next "innovation " but wings should never have had windows in the first place

FranP
76 posts
27 Aug 2024 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, Anyone knows when the new 2025 Duotone products will be announced (wings, foils ..) ?

thanks !

happysam
46 posts
27 Aug 2024 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Any time soon :) its in september

happysam
46 posts
27 Aug 2024 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Any time soon :) its in september

happysam