Forums > Wing Foiling General

GoFoil NL160 feedback wanted

Created by RAF142134 6 months ago, 17 Mar 2024
RAF142134
348 posts
17 Mar 2024 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hey there, should be windy tomorrow, so I can get my stress busting fix! It was pretty windy the other day and I put on the NL160 on a 83cms mast with a FTS14.5, it was a lot of fun, very manoeuvrable, surfed the chop really nice and carved really well, but if you slowed down it would suddenly just come off foil, then I found sometimes it was a bit of a pig to get back up on foil again, partly as I dont use it that much (not a big fan of really windy days) and am so used to larger slower foils. Is the foil just like this or do I need to adjust my style some more to get more out of it, bottom end glide and take off. Sometimes on take off I would push the nose to get a little bit of pump and it would just come crashing down, seems to just want speed and be held dead straight for a sweet lift off, anyone have any tips or feedback? (Also I was foiling overpowered wing wise to make it easier to get the speed without overly pumping the wind wing)

hilly
WA, 7322 posts
17 Mar 2024 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

Old foil. Heaps of better ones available now.

TooMuchEpoxy
295 posts
17 Mar 2024 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

So I found winging on this foil was great in overpowered conditions. It's slow enough and low aspect enough to add just the right amount of drag to keep your speed in check where as on the more modernHA stuff it's so slippery You get too much speed and get over baked in the heavy stuff.

make sure you chop those tips though. You'll shred some wings

RAF142134
348 posts
18 Mar 2024 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

TooMuch, seems like you have a similar experience to me. I rounded the tips and glued some material over them so they are 'softish'. Pretty neat foil for when its blowing, though I didn't feel like it was 'fast' more than manoeuvrable but it really lacks the bottom end and it was a challenge adapting to its takeoff particularities

Subscribe

Forums > Wing Foiling General

"GoFoil NL160 feedback wanted" started by RAF142134