Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kiters and all there accessories wtf

Created by spot1 > 9 months ago, 9 Nov 2008
spot1
WA, 1588 posts
9 Nov 2008 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Today after see this bloke with a phone in a bag with ear phones LOL take the call in a back roll
A bottle of air LOL
Sunnies NO POINT
PFD ok if you are on a outter reef
Reel leash no no
Gath hat what you going to hit water
AND THE LIST GO ON

What ever happened to a kite a bar a board and harness

hoskoau
NSW, 100 posts
9 Nov 2008 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

What's your point about wearing sunnies?

Skid
QLD, 1499 posts
9 Nov 2008 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...

PDF ok if you are on a outter reef

I think you may mean PFD (although you could be a member of the DNA 'National Dyslexics Association).
Anyway, if you have ever busted any ribs from smacking the water after a kite loop gone wrong, you may appreciate that some PFDs can offer some protection (for us oldies)

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
9 Nov 2008 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

hoskoau said...

1st bit of spray and you dont have clear vision

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
9 Nov 2008 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Skid said...

spot1 said...

PDF ok if you are on a outter reef

I think you may mean PFD (although you could be a member of the DNA 'National Dyslexics Association).
Anyway, if you have ever busted any ribs from smacking the water after a kite loop gone wrong, you may appreciate that some PFDs can offer some protection (for us oldies)

good to see the spelling police are on the job

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
9 Nov 2008 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

I carry concrete and a fax
Saved my ass many a time

hoskoau
NSW, 100 posts
10 Nov 2008 1:21AM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...

hoskoau said...

You need some better designed sunnies then.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
10 Nov 2008 3:11AM
Thumbs Up

hoskoau said...

spot1 said...

hoskoau said...

Better than getting sprayed in the eyeball with salty water. Then you really can't see anything! The seabreeze sunnies look pretty good, similar to the Seaspecs I have

phrase
WA, 228 posts
10 Nov 2008 2:08AM
Thumbs Up

Sunnies BIG POINT. I can actually see when I`m looking towards the sun. Protects the eyes from harmful rays, that`s why we wear them at other times.
Don`t wear the sunnies you bought at the petrol station, get a pair designed to be used on water.
You right, I don`t even bother taking my phone down the beach, always gets lost.
Bottle of air??? What the! Don`t understand?
Reel leash, now that`s asking for trouble.

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
10 Nov 2008 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...

Today after see this bloke with a phone in a bag with ear phones LOL take the call in a back roll
A bottle of air LOL
Sunnies NO POINT
Reel leash no no
AND THE LIST GO ON

you can add scuba diving tanks now

echostorm
QLD, 1245 posts
10 Nov 2008 7:32AM
Thumbs Up

Considering my PFD saved my life, then I am in the other corner to anyone who says that they are gay, and I am sure many kitesurfers dont want to go blind from cataracts. Everything else... happiness comes from simplicity, aint kitesurfing enough fun without the gadgets?

rossouwe
VIC, 73 posts
10 Nov 2008 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

I have prescritions, therefore, sunnies a must, otherwise I will endangour everyone's lives!
Also good to protect those eyes from the sun!

Jimmyz
NSW, 446 posts
10 Nov 2008 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

I'm slightly guilty of always taking too much gear - two kites, two boards, two sets of bars/lines + harness and pump, I almost always take it all down onto the beach... just incase.

cabstar
VIC, 328 posts
10 Nov 2008 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

i couldnt sea for 2 days after not wearing sunnies cause it was when i was learning i was constanly look up into the sun to see my kite and kept getting dunk it hurt like hell[}:)]

10 Nov 2008 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

poor relative said...

I carry concrete and a fax
Saved my ass many a time

Its well know that you carry your concrete internally PR, but is it the same with the fax?
I needs to know? And where will the paper come out if you do?

Regards

Steve MCGullible

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
10 Nov 2008 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...

A bottle of air LOL
Sunnies NO POINT
Reel leash no no
AND THE LIST GO ON

Ya great banana!

The $80 I spent on sunnies was the best $$ in kiting yet. Before I used sunnies, after a 2 hr session my eyes were in stinging so bad my vision was waaaayyyy worse that a bit of spray on the sunnies impedes. Plus I don't get that lovely feeling of salt and flotsum slamming in under my eyelids and felling like it's gonna take my eye outta it's socket..

As for the vest and helmet, well I guess you don't go hard enough, or don't value being injury free in body or mind?

Silly monkey.

Although..

Maybe he was ordering a nice decaf, with a twist of lemon, soy-latte from the cafe at the end of the downwinder.

webby7
QLD, 145 posts
10 Nov 2008 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

whats a reel leash???

Buell
SA, 89 posts
10 Nov 2008 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Read the skin cancer post, melanoma in the eye is fatal within months, buy good sunnies and use them.

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
10 Nov 2008 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

webby7 said...

whats a reel leash???

Something that causes perfectly rational and relaxed folks to totally loose it and go on an inertnet forum and become a poison spewing, hate seething flammer..

Strap yaself in Webby, it's gonna get messy!!

Cut
VIC, 107 posts
10 Nov 2008 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Ya great banana!

The $80 I spent on sunnies was the best $$ in kiting yet. Before I used sunnies, after a 2 hr session my eyes were in stinging so bad my vision was waaaayyyy worse that a bit of spray on the sunnies impedes. Plus I don't get that lovely feeling of salt and flotsum slamming in under my eyelids and felling like it's gonna take my eye outta it's socket..

As for the vest and helmet, well I guess you don't go hard enough, or don't value being injury free in body or mind?

Silly monkey.

Sunnies were the best thing I've bought so far

I'm thinking of getting a vest after copping a bit of a knock. Saw some guy with a combo vest/harness the other day. Has anyone used one before that has an opinion ? It looked pretty sweet.

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
10 Nov 2008 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

now I know why you need the boardshorts over ya wetty, its to put the battery pack in ya back pocket to run the fax, PDA and ipod. Maybe for a portable internet browser to check the wind

kitecrazzzy
WA, 2184 posts
10 Nov 2008 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

sunnies are needed. my cousin makes fake eye balls for people who have had cancers in their eyes and has instilled the message onto me

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
10 Nov 2008 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Poida said...

now I know why you need the boardshorts over ya wetty, its to put the battery pack in ya back pocket to run the fax, PDA and ipod. Maybe for a portable internet browser to check the wind

i only did to try and fit in

fuzel
WA, 8 posts
10 Nov 2008 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

What's with sunnies when you crash hard on the face?

Well i know you shouldn't but sometimes it happens doesn't it? (missed danglepasses etc....)

Are there special ones (the watersports ones mentioned earlier) that will not hurt/break/get lost?

Cheers

hosko
WA, 393 posts
10 Nov 2008 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

hoskoau: we're not related are we???

hoskoau said...

spot1 said...

hoskoau said...

user
WA, 1140 posts
10 Nov 2008 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Jimmyz said...

I'm slightly guilty of always taking too much gear - two kites, two boards, two sets of bars/lines + harness and pump, I almost always take it all down onto the beach... just incase.

Perfectly normal and sensible.

cwamit
WA, 1194 posts
10 Nov 2008 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Jimmyz said...

and usually every time i don't pack that larger kite.. its an under powered session

kitecrazzzy
WA, 2184 posts
10 Nov 2008 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

I have taken the liberty of putting your post into google translator, it even recognised the language to be "uneducated" and converted it to "English". Neat huh

"Kiters and all THEIR accessories, an exercise in complication"
Today, after I SAW A bloke with a phone in a bag with ear phones coming from it, I had to laugh. The thought of him accepting a call during a back roll was something I found comical. Other things that make me feel this way are; air tanks to fill your kite from, sun glasses to which I see no point, reel leashes that are more a danger than aid and helmets. I can think of other accessories which brings me to the point of my poorly grammatical post; what has happened to the fundamentally basic principle of Kite+bar+board+harness=kitesurfing.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
10 Nov 2008 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Jimmyz said...

Yeah, you do it because you can.
I bet half of it stays in the boot of your car. I got into Kiteboarding because you can, if needed carry all your gear on your back and catch the tram. You don't need a trailer, or a roof rack, or a membership at a club to do it, and the gear weighs what, 10 kilos all up?

cwamit
WA, 1194 posts
10 Nov 2008 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

kitecrazzzy said...

I have taken the liberty of putting your post into google translator, it even recognised the language to be "uneducated" and converted it to "English". Neat huh

"Kiters and all THEIR accessories, an exercise in complication"
Today, after I SAW A bloke with a phone in a bag with ear phones coming from it, I had to laugh. The thought of him accepting a call during a back roll was something I found comical. Other things that make me feel this way are; air tanks to fill your kite from, sun glasses to which I see no point, reel leashes that are more a danger than aid and helmets. I can think of other accessories which brings me to the point of my poorly grammatical post; what has happened to the fundamentally basic principle of Kite+bar+board+harness=kitesurfing.

thanks for the clarification, i thought it was something about hair gel products

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
10 Nov 2008 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower Australia said...
where will the paper come out if you do?

Regards

Steve MCGullible

It flies out my ass.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kiters and all there accessories wtf" started by spot1