Forums > Kitesurfing General

Waaaay back!

Created by 1likeBJ > 9 months ago, 30 Apr 2008
1likeBJ
WA, 152 posts
30 Apr 2008 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Oi Youngie - How long ago was this taken?

Found at:
www.perthperth.com/surfing/kitesurfing/index.htm

If you still have that bar I might be interested in buying it for my 16m Raven...

Know your roots people!

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
30 Apr 2008 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

1likeBJ said...

If you still have that bar I might be interested in buying it for my 16m Raven...

I might be interested in buying it to replace a broomstick I broke the other day.

snoidberg
QLD, 403 posts
30 Apr 2008 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

1likeBJ said...

I might be interested in buying it to replace a broomstick I broke the other day.

exactly how did you break the broomstick

ianyoung
WA, 649 posts
2 May 2008 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Would have been around 1998-99.

The bar is an original Kiteski reel bar I got from Cory Roeseler in 1997 before Wipika was on the market. I lost it, along with alot of other gear, when our UN house was trashed and burned down in Dili after the elections in 1999.

I sold my other Kiteski rigs years ago to a Japanese enthusist.

The kite is a two-line 6.5m Fone that I bought off Raphael Salles when we were the first to kite Margaret River in late 1998.

The board is one of my custom WinDesigns 6'3" five fin weapons - have to laugh how the sport has come full circle back to directional boards again!

Foot
NSW, 57 posts
2 May 2008 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

98??? Man that's a lonooooong time ago.
Bet the likes of Hadlow, Langeree and have the guys on the form weren't even born yet.

wal269
WA, 718 posts
2 May 2008 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Take it easy Foot....

I wouldn't f@*k with Youngie

Foot
NSW, 57 posts
2 May 2008 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

No, no reskeckba to Youngie and the the old school crew!!! Those look super hard, super scary and impossible to fly.
Was actually trying to lay into the know it all wipper snappers.
Youngie, please don't hunt me down with a 5 fin weapon!!!!!

1likeBJ
WA, 152 posts
5 May 2008 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah cheers Youngie!

Nice to know that while Robbie and the Frogs were just starting to make LEIs useful there were pioneers here in WA as well.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Waaaay back!" started by 1likeBJ