Forums > Kitesurfing General

Rpm Prices

Created by surfingboye > 9 months ago, 25 Feb 2009
surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
25 Feb 2009 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

just found the US price of the new RPM. a 10m is worth $1700 USD.

LINK: http://www.slingshotsports.com/2009-RPM?sc=45&category=13989

man thats expensive. i know i couldnt afford a quiver of these kites.

any confirmation on these prices for australia...

25 Feb 2009 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

surfingboye said...

just found the US price of the new RPM. a 10m is worth $1700 USD.

LINK: http://www.slingshotsports.com/2009-RPM?sc=45&category=13989

man thats expensive. i know i couldnt afford a quiver of these kites.

any confirmation on these prices for australia...

Here are the prices
www.kitepower.com.au/catalog/category_371_Slingshot_Kites.html

Reasonable and comparable to other 2009 kite prices in Oz, and very reasonable considering the US to AU $ exchange rate at the moment!!
Kites will be in stock very soon.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

BrisKites
QLD, 1290 posts
25 Feb 2009 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

We should have some in Brisbane very soon for demo.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
25 Feb 2009 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower Australia said...

Reasonable and comparable to other 2009 kite prices in Oz, and very reasonable considering the US to AU $ exchange rate at the moment!!
Kites will be in stock very soon.

I originally saw the price on the US site and thought that the AUS price would just be a conversion of the currencies, so I just did a straight currency conversion. so a 10 worked out to be like $2600.

so yeah, a RPM is not to xxxx'y for an 09 kite...

25 Feb 2009 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, priced between the Rev & the Fuel, guess it make sense hey. If you want info and prices or availability email us. Stock coming any day now.

Test flew it the other day, little wind, but flew nice see gear forum for more details.

have Fun!
George.

sebbu
WA, 154 posts
25 Feb 2009 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Demos in WA?

loco4olas
NSW, 1516 posts
26 Feb 2009 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

I don't get where this kite sits in the Slingshot range? Is it a bridled Fuel? A 'C' version of the REV? Why add another kite to the range?

And the prices? Fugg-come back Best all is forgiven.......

Ryland
WA, 1222 posts
26 Feb 2009 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

loco4olas said...

I don't get where this kite sits in the Slingshot range? Is it a bridled Fuel? A 'C' version of the REV? Why add another kite to the range?

why not bring out another kite. people might be deciding whether to get a rev or a fuel so they now will just get a rpm. i think they will be great for wakestyle. they have more depower than the fuel. and from the couple of hours i have ridden them they have been really good for unhooked park and ride in the waves- might even be good enough to get me off my rev2's.

sebbu
WA, 154 posts
26 Feb 2009 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

When speaking with the slingy guy at Kitestock, I said:

"so it sits in between the Rev and the Fuel?"

to which the reply was:

"most people who have revs, and have tried this, are swapping. it does the same job in the waves and is better unhooked." (so something like this)

I didn't get to try it, so can't verify, but sure would like to hear more.

sk1nner
VIC, 181 posts
26 Feb 2009 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

After ride one for a hour or two i was wondering why they would produce the Rev and the RPM together, the RPM does everything the REV does plus more. Which is hard to beat as the rev is sooo good.

tino
443 posts
26 Feb 2009 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

F*ck me thats expensive!!!!

Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
27 Feb 2009 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

KP QLD will have a 10 RPM for demo when they arrive to replace our current 11m Rev2 Demo...

meerkat
WA, 644 posts
27 Feb 2009 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

sk1nner said...

the RPM does everything the REV does plus more.

You mean it pumps itself up, steers itself and then lands and also packs itself up?

How many more:

"THIS KITE DOES EVERYTHING THE PREVIOUS KITE DIDN"T DO" statements are we going to get?

The ability of the kiter will ALWAYS outweigh the kite's characteristics(even the ones that can fly themselves!!).

sk1nner
VIC, 181 posts
27 Feb 2009 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

The ability of the kiter will ALWAYS outweigh the kite's characteristics(even the ones that can fly themselves!!).

Of course it is, the point i was trying to put across was, why would slingshot have both models in the line up.

27 Feb 2009 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

meerkat said...

sk1nner said...

the RPM does everything the REV does plus more.

You mean it pumps itself up, steers itself and then lands and also packs itself up?

How many more:

"THIS KITE DOES EVERYTHING THE PREVIOUS KITE DIDN"T DO" statements are we going to get?

Well I just unpacked our demo kite, and it did not pack itself back up, nor did it fly by itself, what a ripoff!

However, they are listening, the pigtails now will not fray, they have a piece of sleeving sewn over the spliced area. The pulleys are all mounted correctly.
The bar still has a crazy plain steel ball roller bearing in the chicken loop that will rust and seize.
If you spent $10-15 you could get a stainless bearing or just tie a big knot in the end of the grey line and have no bearing (like the ozone megatron), and unspin it by hand.
The bar is better coloured or the ends better differentiated.
The lines are white but the pigtails are colour coded so are the bar leaders.

Can't wait to try this new hybrid kite, the front bridle is interesting, 2 pulleys per side, big wide tips, these things turn fast, based on what I saw at Kitestock.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Rpm Prices" started by surfingboye