Forums > Land Yacht Sailing General

Sailkart..

Created by Gizmo > 9 months ago, 21 Mar 2010
Gizmo
SA, 2865 posts
21 Mar 2010 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Here is an interesting yacht to have a look at..........

http://www.sailkart.nl/

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
21 Mar 2010 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

interesting to watch in some of the videos. seems to have a mountain of ground clearance and flex at the back. one video i found had blokarts , xsails, windkarts luducs and some homemades in a fisly regatta and a standing start

cisco
QLD, 12325 posts
22 Mar 2010 2:27AM
Thumbs Up

Good find Brian.

It seems to confirm that the future of land sailing is heading more and more towards the portable "Mini Yacht" incorporating the latest materials technology.

As there are so many mini yachts emerging incorporating different approaches to the same broad concept, it bodes well for the rope loop class rule.

cisco
QLD, 12325 posts
22 Mar 2010 2:29AM
Thumbs Up

landyacht said...
one video i found had blokarts , xsails, windkarts luducs and some homemades in a fisly regatta and a standing start

That is sounding really good.

Gizmo
SA, 2865 posts
22 Mar 2010 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

cisco said...

Good find Brian.

It seems to confirm that the future of land sailing is heading more and more towards the portable "Mini Yacht" incorporating the latest materials technology.

As there are so many mini yachts emerging incorporating different approaches to the same broad concept, it bodes well for the rope loop class rule.

Having another look at the video the rear axles do flex quite a bit, Its actually nice to see a modernistic design that seems to work well. It actually makes the blokart construction and assembly complex (not that it is).
I would love to see a moulded glass / plastic yacht with a very modern design....
Maybe it would be a good project for design students to see what they could do.

Hiko
1229 posts
22 Mar 2010 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Interesting video The basic geometry looks standard to me except for the pilot position which is high and forward This makes the boom high too
I wonder if the track is wider to compensate

Test pilot 1
WA, 1430 posts
22 Mar 2010 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Also the taller/larger person would put centre of gravity further back and head higher up changing balance quite sinificantly I would think. The advertised tyres look interesting.

Gizmo
SA, 2865 posts
20 Apr 2010 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Land Yacht Sailing General

"Sailkart.." started by Gizmo